Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-18-17, 06:52 PM  
CarlaVeg

Has anyone tried Orange Theory?

I went today for a free class and I burned 570 calories!!!! that's pretty good right? It was a tough workout and I enjoyed it. Maybe I need something like that to shed this unwanted 15 lbs LOL.... I may do OT 2 days a week and videos the rest of the days. OT IS expensive though....

Anyone tried it????

Carla
CarlaVeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-17, 07:00 PM  
seww

I'm going next week for the first time. What kind of workouts do you normally do at home?
Thanks!
Sue
seww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-17, 08:24 PM  
bubbles76

Here's a thread on Orange Theory.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-17, 08:43 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

My teaching colleague swears by OT. She does it 2x a week, no other formal exercise.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-17, 06:22 AM  
Jeanne Marie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlaVeg View Post
I went today for a free class and I burned 570 calories!!!! that's pretty good right? It was a tough workout and I enjoyed it. Maybe I need something like that to shed this unwanted 15 lbs LOL.... I may do OT 2 days a week and videos the rest of the days. OT IS expensive though....

Anyone tried it????
If you'll read the other thread on OT, I explained that I go to a similar type class. Ours is called Pulse 45, and we use the heart rate monitors that display on TV monitors around the room. Calorie burn is of course based on effort, but it also takes into account a person's body size. The bigger guys in our class can burn 1000 calories a session, easily. I tend to burn around 500 a session. We go all out for 45 minutes and it's the best workout I've ever done. I've never been in better shape. I go about 8 times a week.

For fun, here's a promotional video that the owners of my gym did. I appear in the background several times!

Pulse 45
Old 04-19-17, 08:50 AM  
leigh1673

I have some friends who swear by it!

They don't have anything like that near where I live in PA, unfortunately, otherwise I would definitely try it.
leigh1673 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-17, 10:43 AM  
pricek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanne Marie View Post
If you'll read the other thread on OT, I explained that I go to a similar type class. Ours is called Pulse 45, and we use the heart rate monitors that display on TV monitors around the room. Calorie burn is of course based on effort, but it also takes into account a person's body size. The bigger guys in our class can burn 1000 calories a session, easily. I tend to burn around 500 a session. We go all out for 45 minutes and it's the best workout I've ever done. I've never been in better shape. I go about 8 times a week.

For fun, here's a promotional video that the owners of my gym did. I appear in the background several times!

Pulse 45
Wow Jeanne Marie...8 times a week!!! That's great!!! It sounds like a great class.
pricek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-17, 11:21 AM  
Jeanne Marie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricek View Post
Wow Jeanne Marie...8 times a week!!! That's great!!! It sounds like a great class.
Thank you! It is beyond awesome! Actually my best friend is the trainer, so I help plan the classes most of the time. Each class is always different, and always challenging. We started about 3 years ago, and have built up the clientele to where we have about 15 people per class (the max per class is 21). It's really great to have lots of people who motivate and encourage each other. It has taken my fitness to whole new level!

I know that I am very fortunate to have this in my area. They are not a franchise. We pay $99 per month for unlimited classes. No contract, but there is a fee if you are a "no show" after signing up. We use a smart phone app to sign up for classes, and it doesn't let you schedule or cancel within a certain time frame before the class. The reasoning behind being so strict about knowing exactly who is coming has to do with 1) planning the class. We like to plan what we're doing and how the circuits are arranged based on who is coming and how many. And also 2) insurance constraints. They are considered a "fitness facility", not a gym. Their insurance only covers people who have an "appointment." So, you can't just walk in without signing up because the online system doesn't have you counted, and therefore not covered. The cancellation fee is based on the fact that if you sign up, they count you as coming and insurance rates are figured accordingly, and then if you don't show up, you've cost them money.
Old 04-19-17, 01:40 PM  
CarlaVeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanne Marie View Post
I go about 8 times a week.

Pulse 45
8 times a week???? or a month??

Carla
CarlaVeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-17, 01:47 PM  
Jeanne Marie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlaVeg View Post
8 times a week???? or a month??
LOL! A week. I go to 2 a day most days, but they only have one class on Saturday and none on Sunday. Some weeks I end up doing more than 8. I also personal train there twice a week, so I pretty much live there.

I don't have a life, in case you're wondering!

Tags
orange theory