Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-10-24, 10:23 AM  
fatkat555

Kate - I wish I had tech expertise and could help. I have to admit that I have no clue. Thank you for stepping up with the offer. IF there’s a way that I can help, let me know.

Last night was Rodney Yee Yoga for Your Week, Flexibility. He includes arm balancing with preparation in this one so I need to make note of that. I definitely want to come back to it.

I know you ladies are getting snow, but in the South we’re wimps. Next week we’re supposed to have low 20-degree temperatures so today I’ve got to inspect my exposed pipes to see what needs re-wrapping. We ended up just capping the last pipe burst, so hopefully we won’t have too many areas that are susceptible to freezing.

You have to make a mess, sometimes, to clean it up.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
fatkat555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-24, 08:13 PM  
Jules

The temp here is starting to drop and we will have sub zero weather thru Monday. Brrr! I hope we don't lose power. High winds and snow are in the forecast so it is a possibility.

Thanks Kate for offering your expertise in keeping VF going! I guess we may have to move to another board in the end, but I am sure we will all stick together somehow. Home is where the heart is!

You are doing awesome Fatkat! Arm balances are really tough for me.

I did Fuel #8 Posterior Chain last night and am going to do Cathe's Party Rockin' Step 2 tonight. I've been doing yoga most days as well - usually 30 minutes of yin.
Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-24, 08:22 AM  
fatkat555

Jules - praying your power doesn’t go out! I have the Rockin Party Step 2 dvd, but haven’t done it yet. I’m trying to slowly work my way into fancy step routines. I have slow, clumsy feet.

I missed yoga last night, but managed KCM Circuit Burn Workout 2. I’d never done this one and I loved it!

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Old 01-11-24, 03:07 PM  
Jules

Hi Gals. I just tested positive for Covid at work and came home early. There is about a foot of fresh snow and the roads are awful. My son's basketball game is cancelled, thank goodness. I guess I will set up camp in the guest room. I have a feeling school will be cancelled tomorrow anyway.

I don't feel too sick - no fever or anything. I truly thought that I was just coming down with another cold. Hopefully it stays that way! I won't be working out for a while though.
Old 01-11-24, 10:58 PM  
fatkat555

Jules - I’m so sorry! I had slight cold symptoms before my 102.5 fever blew up. Please rest and get better.

I was slightly sore today, so I did Firm 12-minute Time Crunch Weights, Workout 2 (upper body), and Rodney Yee Daily Yoga, Calm Down.

Old 01-12-24, 11:20 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Ugh Jules!! Well better to get it, develop immunity and get over it. I opted to get the newest vaccine, mostly for hubby's sake.

Fatkat: I do not do arm balances except for Crow and that's tricky. Its funny that I can lift heavy weights but can't do that.

Rough day today. I am ducking out of work early. It would have been Justin's birthday today.
But I'll get through - and still working out.

Yesterday and today was back to Cathe Live. I did her 475 Love Leg Day yesterday which was awesome! Fun moves, I went slightly heavier and can sure feel my legs today! And it was nearly an hour long which is A+ to me.

Today I did Live 477 Box & Burn. FUN!!! And exactly what I needed to get out of my head! Kickboxing is great therapy if you ask me. My arms and shoulders are dying, but my heart feels a little stronger.

I haven't heard anything back from Pamela yet so I don't really know what all this site maintenance involves. I'll try my best.

Happy weekend all. Hope the storms aren't too harsh for you!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-24, 06:34 PM  
fatkat555

I’m so sorry today was a rough one, Kate. {{{{HUGS}}}} to you.
So, I have to admit I can’t arm balance yet. I keep trying. Way back in the day, I was able to hold crow pose one time. I can do modified handstands but not free balancing.

I haven’t picked a workout yet so if I do, I’ll edit this post.

And I managed Rodney Yee Daily Yoga, Strengthen the Core

Old 01-15-24, 12:06 PM  
Jules

Howdy! I am still testing positive and am going to isolate for a couple of more days. I feel pretty good this morning - just have a stuffy nose plus sore throat and slight cough from the post-nasal drip. I will mask up for a few days when I go back to work.

I had a high resting heart rate of 100 bpm on the night I tested positive. This happened the last time I got Covid as well. I never had a fever but I did have some body aches. I plan to ease back into exercise with yoga this upcoming weekend.

It got down to -30 here and our hot tub has developed a small leak, but it is too cold outside to repair it. It is supposed to warm up by the weekend but is still sub-zero today. Brrrrrrr. How cold is it in your neck of the woods?
Old 01-17-24, 11:40 AM  
Jules

I'm staying home again today as I still have a sore throat, cough and sinusitis. I am going to take another Covid test this afternoon. Fingers crossed for negative!

We have a winter storm warning here thru tomorrow and so far we got about 6 inches of powdery snow. We are supposed to get up to 14" overnight. Good for the ski hills. There is a chance school will be cancelled tomorrow as high winds and blizzard conditions are forecasted.

I binge-watched season 3 of Only Murders in the Building (great!) and am now getting thru season 4 of Ozark (brutal!). I am still camping in the guest room and only watch shows that hubby is not interested in. I also watched Fool Me Once on Netflix. (It was ok.) I played and finished Return to Monkey Island (starring Guybrush Threepwood!) and am also playing The Seventh Guest. I love good old puzzle games.

Hope you all are staying warm!
Old 01-17-24, 01:18 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Dang Jules...the "vid" got you alright!
Interesting on the elevated heart rate when you got sick.

Isn't the cold wicked? We have missed most of the snow though. I think we have maybe 4-5 inches total on the ground.

I watch shows like that too when I'm gone or something. I don't go away too often but a good opportunity to watch shows that hubby won't.

Mon and Tues both Epic III Day 19 and Day 22. I LOVE her heavy lifting!!!! If this series isn't one of her heavier I'd be surprised.

Today I did an unplanned workout - don't know why as I have many of Chris Dorner's cardio workouts saved on YouTube. But today I did the 45 Min Cardio High Low to the Beat. It was fun, mix of cardio types. I have to quit adding more and do the ones on my list first.

Yesterday I finally cancelled Justin's cell phone service. He was on my plan and I just couldn't seem to bring myself to have it cut off. I'm saving his phone because he has tons of pictures on it. Who knows, maybe I will use it some day? Anyway, a big step for me, 8 months later.

Happy Wednesday.

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote