Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-15, 09:41 AM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacqi A View Post
And that is EXACTLY what I think about it.

Also, I would rather buy one single excellent DVD, chaptered, good production, for $20. Even $25. I use some of my favorites often enough that the cost doesn't matter - Solibeats & Pure Spice, for example.
Or why not make a set, like Bellyfit?
This is just easier, I suppose.
Jacqui-I would definitely pay for a well produced dvd set like Bellyfit if they filmed these professionally and released them on dvd.

Out of curiosity, I checked the powhow videos-if you click on "buy" (I did not buy) it lists how many people bought each video. The ones I checked each had less than ten people purchase them. That should tell them something.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-15, 09:47 AM  
daisyduke

I'd buy them for $5. They need to lower the price imho.
daisyduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-15, 10:36 AM  
mizach
VF Supporter

The instructor reminds me of Jillian and Teigh (sp?) of YBB.
If I buy these, will they expire?
mizach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-15, 10:53 AM  
sherry7899

They do not expire. You create a password/ log in and then you have unlimited views.

Old 05-24-15, 11:42 AM  
Eibhinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
They do not expire. You create a password/ log in and then you have unlimited views.
This still makes me hesitant. Because I've seen several cases where VFers bought "lifetime" "unlimited" access to workouts only to have the business either close or, often, change their business model and cease to provide access to the workouts anymore (for example Itrain, and I think Buti did this as well). So unless there is an option for directly downloading, no matter what the company says I consider it an "extended rental" with no guarantee on how long you'll have access.
Eibhinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-15, 12:00 PM  
sherry7899

Eihbinn- that is a really good point.

Old 05-24-15, 01:23 PM  
naturalyogini

I agree also. I did ask her about a downloading option. If I pay for it, I should be able to download. Send Lucy an e-mail from powhow. If enough of us do it, perhaps she will do it. If she says she owns the material and doesn't want others to have access, then she needs to do a monthly subscription for access to the videos only. None of that webcam stuff. That way as long as you pay your monthly fee, you have access to the library. Otherwise, if you pay for each video, you should own it like they used to do on my yoga online.
naturalyogini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-15, 01:38 PM  
TinierTina

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturalyogini View Post
I agree also. I did ask her about a downloading option. If I pay for it, I should be able to download. Send Lucy an e-mail from powhow. If enough of us do it, perhaps she will do it. If she says she owns the material and doesn't want others to have access, then she needs to do a monthly subscription for access to the videos only. None of that webcam stuff. That way as long as you pay your monthly fee, you have access to the library. Otherwise, if you pay for each video, you should own it like they used to do on my yoga online.
Downloads — something playable without hiccoughs and stops, on ALL transmission speeds, not just in dribs and drabs, at midnight or 7 a.m.; or using the fastest transmission speeds.
Even iTunes video downloads are playable with little buffering, compared to this streaming nonsense ...

Of course, they would have to go that myyogaonline (before Gaiam TV) route and actually publish, not just broadcast ...

Without an actual Dance Challenge, I really should not add more to this thread ...

-Bettina

"If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you"?! REALLY!! If it doesn't serve me, it doesn't save me!!
TinierTina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-15, 01:52 PM  
in paris

I sent Lucy an email about downloads a couple of days ago.

She said she is not considering them at this time -- and her issue is security (piracy)... I do understand, but that makes me less than keen because I need to have the ability to do these offline, sigh.

I do like them and not the bit fussed about the filming. Do it a few times and you pick up all the moves... I would like to get more but can't justify it when I can't use it where I most want to.

Anyways, I second the motion about sending her an e. The more of us that request it, perhaps something could be worked out?
in paris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-15, 09:50 PM  
Eibhinn

I'm not sure emailing her will make any difference here. Thing is, she's using a third party service that I'm quite sure places limits on what she can choose to do. Powhow's main service is live webcam classes. As a secondary service, they list a "video library" where recorded classes can be made available via streaming in bundles and monthly membership services. I could be wrong, but that I can see, there is no mention that they offer a service for downloading, so no matter how many times she's asked, it's likely not a function Powhow offers, and therefore not something she can do.
Eibhinn is offline   Reply With Quote