Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-17-15, 11:39 AM  
rose2boys

HSM Total Body Sculpt

Does anyone have this one? It's the older one, by the pool. I think it actually looks great from the trailer, but before i purchase, I want to know if its all/mainly standing (fingers crossed!) TIA!!

Also, any comments on this compared to the others...

PS: what about the band one - how much is standing?? Thanks again!
Old 03-17-15, 12:06 PM  
Breezy Trousers

Both DVDs are on their way to me. If no one else jumps in to reply, I'll be sure to let you know.
Breezy Trousers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-15, 12:06 PM  
momofcha

I have the band one and I've only dabbled in previewing and I don't really recall. I will try and look at it tomorrow.

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-15, 12:42 PM  
mjs2052

Quote:
Originally Posted by rose2boys View Post
Does anyone have this one? It's the older one, by the pool. I think it actually looks great from the trailer, but before i purchase, I want to know if its all/mainly standing (fingers crossed!) TIA!!
I just got this one and did a quick preview of it. It is mostly standing, except for a plank and push up section, some tricep dips and the flat abs section. The glute work is standing fold over. It looks good, I hope to try it out tomorrow.

Melissa
mjs2052 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-15, 03:13 PM  
rose2boys

Thanks Melissa,
Sounds like I can even use my Fluidity bar on this one (which I love having an excuse to drag out!) -- and thanks to Suzanne Bowen, i know how to modify plank/push ups on bar if I don't want to go to floor.
Yeah for standing foldover!!
Old 03-17-15, 07:27 PM  
bjammin13
VF Supporter

I just did this one yesterday with a couple of modifications due to my pregnancy. I loved it, great workout. I am loving the HSM stuff in general, they have been a super new find for me. It is primarily standing,for upper body, leg and glute work. There are a couple of shorter floor sequences , for push ups and a solid seated ab workout that uses small ball for c-curve type work. All exercises standing or floor show a variety of modifications if chosen or needed to do.
bjammin13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-15, 07:50 PM  
glamgal
VF Supporter

bjammin13 - I think you are a fan of Ballet Beautiful, right? I'm drawn to those workouts that require minimal or no equipment. I like BB, Essentrics/Classical Stretch, and barre3 and appreciate that you can do most of those without equipment (aside from the occasional ball in barre3...I don't use any dumbbells).

Can these be done without equipment? Are the moves more fluid (like BB / Essentrics) or athletic (planks, burpees, etc)? I looked at some previews when the HSM thread was revived recently, but I dismissed HSM as being more tough than the workouts I typically enjoy. Just wondering about your thoughts...
Old 03-19-15, 07:49 PM  
smokybubbles

Anymore reviews on this one? I'm thinking of purchasing it. I did get the band wo and the Total Body wo and absolutely love them! Haven't been this excited about workouts since Dreambody and I'm waiting patiently for them to release something new soon!
smokybubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-15, 07:56 PM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokybubbles View Post
Anymore reviews on this one? I'm thinking of purchasing it. I did get the band wo and the Total Body wo and absolutely love them! Haven't been this excited about workouts since Dreambody and I'm waiting patiently for them to release something new soon!
New dream body are due late April/May. I just asked them today.

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-15, 08:06 PM  
bjammin13
VF Supporter

Yes I luv BB, in fact you could say I am addicted,lol. These workouts are more "tough barre" , not necessarily fluid nor 8count based as BB and Eccentrics are but they also have no burpees , no mountain climbers, no jumping, no typical athletic cardio/kickboxy hi/low stuff, as a matter of fact so far no impact and yes some plank and push up variations but not overkilled. They are a tad slower controlled movements pilates/barre based, but you will heat up and work big time. Minimal equipment in that they use only 3-8lbs dumbbells and a soft barre type ball. There is one band workout as well. These are slightly more reps than typical barre, with sets with no rest in-between at time, building on exercises to burn out muscle and they encourage you to start with heaviest weights first. They are great about showing a variety of available modifications as well wether mods are to make easier or more advanced.
So far I feel like these are giving me that strength bump I crave without going back to traditional "strength training" so to speak. They kind of remind me of the dumbbell conditioning of the 1st few VOL Firm workouts without the high impact cardio in-between.
Quote:
Originally Posted by glamgal View Post
bjammin13 - I think you are a fan of Ballet Beautiful, right? I'm drawn to those workouts that require minimal or no equipment. I like BB, Essentrics/Classical Stretch, and barre3 and appreciate that you can do most of those without equipment (aside from the occasional ball in barre3...I don't use any dumbbells).

Can these be done without equipment? Are the moves more fluid (like BB / Essentrics) or athletic (planks, burpees, etc)? I looked at some previews when the HSM thread was revived recently, but I dismissed HSM as being more tough than the workouts I typically enjoy. Just wondering about your thoughts...
bjammin13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hilliard studio method, hsm