Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-22-15, 09:57 AM  
topfitmama

The Cellulite Investigation

I don't know if this website has been linked to before. After following the links on the Lymphedema Lipedema post a while back, I started researching cellulite, what causes it, and how to get rid of it. This site is very informative and a good laugh too

Has anyone on here successfully eliminated her cellulite?
topfitmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-15, 12:35 PM  
videofit

I think it's genetic. Christy Turlington had cellulite in her twenties and my friend had no cellulite in her forties. Aging plays a part as our skin thins out.
Old 05-23-15, 01:57 PM  
vivodream

Quote:
Originally Posted by topfitmama View Post
I don't know if this website has been linked to before. After following the links on the Lymphedema Lipedema post a while back, I started researching cellulite, what causes it, and how to get rid of it. This site is very informative and a good laugh too

Has anyone on here successfully eliminated her cellulite?
I found this page a few weeks ago too when I was looking up cupping massages for cellulite and she seems to have had good results with it so I am giving it a try.
vivodream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-15, 01:59 PM  
at120

Like stretch marks, cellulite development has a strong genetic component.
at120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-15, 06:35 PM  
ealakey
VF Supporter

The MELT Method has some interesting articles on cellulite, http://www.meltmethod.com/blog/summer-free-cellulite. I have the MELT roller package and have been reading the book. I did the first treatment session but then got sidetracked. I plan to start back next week.
~Beth
ealakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-15, 06:02 AM  
topfitmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethlakey View Post
The MELT Method has some interesting articles on cellulite, http://www.meltmethod.com/blog/summer-free-cellulite. I have the MELT roller package and have been reading the book. I did the first treatment session but then got sidetracked. I plan to start back next week.
~Beth
Thanks for that link, Beth! The MELT method is expensive....
I'm going to buy a foam roller and will look for youtube videos on how to use it. It sounds like it would feel good!
I started dry skin brushing two weeks ago, and while I can't say it's done anything to make my legs look better, they sure feel better and the brushing seems to have a revitalizing effect.
topfitmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-15, 12:11 PM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

I've worked in spas, and I've seen an awful lot of cellulite on women of white European background. It doesn't seem to be as common among Asian women as well as women of African background (could be wrong about this, just my personal observation). Maybe it's diet, but it's so common that I think there has to be a genetic component.

My mother didn't have any, but I do, so maybe not.
Old 05-24-15, 12:16 PM  
videofit

The RealSelf website has loads of reviews and before & afters. Search the site for "cellulite 2015" to see the latest info. The technology is always changing so you don't want to spend a small fortune for something that doesn't work. I think radio frequency (RF) is the current favorite.
Old 05-24-15, 05:18 PM  
ealakey
VF Supporter

topfitmama, there are several cellulite videos on YouTube, I'll see if I can find them for you. They used a hard roller but you don't have to. I think Sue from MELT is very particular about the soft roller, I need to read more on it. I purchased the MELT system for chronic pain, but after corresponding with her support team they said they have had improvements with treating their own cellulite. Interesting.

Teresa Tapp said, and I'm paraphrasing here since I read this many years ago, the models she worked with from England and Ireland had the most visible signs of cellulite. I think she recommended an Alfalfa supplement for her clients. I really do believe cellulite tends to be very genetic as to its appearance (it is just fat), and the thinner the skin type the more apparent it is. I fall into that genetic family and it's something I've been trying to creatively get rid of since my late 30s. I tried about everything mentioned in this thread, even coffee ground wraps. Debbie Siebers also talks about cellulite on her blog, http://debbiesiebers.com/curse-of-cellulite/.

My best results came when I did a few rounds of Cathe STS and ate mostly clean at 14% body fat, but wasn't sustainable for me for very long. Building some muscle did help hide it and firm the skin.

I'm starting a kettlebell rotation Monday with ballet/barre thrown in as add ons and will see how that goes. And if nothing else, sunless tanner is truly amazing.
~Beth
ealakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-15, 10:38 AM  
killoffsonny

I'm 61 and never had a problem until I reached my mid fifties. I have found that barre type of exercises work best for me. Lifting heavy made me stronger but the cellulite still stuck around. I am of Irish and French ancestry. I don't know if my mom had it or not. She never talked about things like that.