Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-07-15, 08:55 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

i went back. it was there.it's in my home.

i brought my riser in to make sure it fit, and it was OK. my risers are purple (long step top is green) - circa early 90's. you're right though.... it is sturdier and won't slip around or flip over.

....now i have to tell DH that i reneged.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-15, 09:14 PM  
Leonana

I found the Fanny Lifter at a Savers thrift store for $4.00. Just wanted to join in, lol. I use it for all of my step workouts, as I never invested in a newer one.
Old 05-07-15, 09:18 PM  
cin777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandrine View Post
Hi, Jeannine!
I do own both (oooh! big surprise ) and I do use both, but do I *need* both? Well, probably not. I do have specific workouts for which I prefer one over the other. Since the step topper is 4", I use it for anything with jumps, anything unfamiliar or on days that I'm tired. I also use it for Firms w/ballroom aerobics. I use the FL for the BSS1's, and one piece of it for much of the Firm's cardio, like Vol.'s 4-6.

I'm envious--in all my thrift store trolling, I've never found the topper or any risers. I did find the original Step Reebok club step, which is the same as the Step Co. club step, but in dark turquoise.

cin777--MAJOR score on the Malibu pilates chair! If you can't find the directions on line, I'll be happy to print out and mail, or e-mail you the materials that came with mine. It's the "pro" version, but I don't think there is any significant difference. Did your chair come with the workouts? If not, they are available very reasonably thru Amazon's marketplace sellers.
That is sweet, thanks. I think it may just be the regular version. There is no upper component, just the chair with side handles, two springs and the bottom soft platform. I cannot find a website for it or anything for it anymore.
cin777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-15, 09:31 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cin777 View Post
That is sweet, thanks. I think it may just be the regular version. There is no upper component, just the chair with side handles, two springs and the bottom soft platform. I cannot find a website for it or anything for it anymore.
there's several youtube videos about using the malibu pilates chair that might interest you.

manual:
https://www.u-manual.com/download-ma...l#.VUwghflViko

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
Old 05-23-15, 01:25 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

saw but didn't purchase (because i already have one ):

at Goodwill: full-sized Step Co. Step, club step, with 4 risers, $24.99.

i even mentally calculated the net cost if i purchased it and used this 20% off coupon! it was in excellent, excellent shape - turquoise top, violet and green risers.
found and purchased at a used bookstore:
Japan Region 2 DVD of Claudia Schiffer Perfectly Fit "deluxe" version (121 min) - $1.

this motivated me to figure out how to change the code on my portable DVD player to be region-free.and i did!

from Savers thrift store:
book - Joyce Vedral "Now or Never"

Old 05-23-15, 06:29 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

picked up at Savers :

Anna Kaiser Happy Hour DVD, $2.99
Jessica Smith Yoga Stretch for Beginners & Beyond DVD, $2.99

Old 05-23-15, 06:34 PM  
wendug

Bzar- how do you find such great bargains? The thrift stores by me have very few fitness items. I'm envious!
Old 05-23-15, 07:11 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
Bzar- how do you find such great bargains? The thrift stores by me have very few fitness items. I'm envious!
i'm not sure! i think i'm just lucky. i do swing by the Savers each week, though. :-/ it makes me wonder what other vidiots are in the vicinity. especially the Jessica one - that one wasn't released by a major distributor.

this used bookstore at a nearby mall is pretty good too. they have lots of music CDs and movie DVDs too.

Old 05-24-15, 04:57 PM  
Kitten

A.m. p.m. Callenetics on vhs is the original packaging fo $.25
Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-15, 09:00 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

found but didn't purchase:
powerfit harmony
powerfit original
lilias AM PM yoga for seniors
several Chair workout DVDs
leslie 4 mile power walk

Tags
high step topper, thrift shop, thrift store, thrift store finds