Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-15, 05:30 AM  
adrien_73

Leah Sarago or P57?

I am considering investing in a series...either P57 or one of Leah Sarago's periodization systems. I can't decide! I have Leah's dvds and have tried a few P57 DVDs in the past but sold them. (Seller's remorse.)

A bit about me...I am advanced at most fitness disciplines, though I did a Tonique workout yesterday that almost killed me!

I prefer a more athletic approach, but want to take it easy on my joints for a while with barre, walking and spinning. My thighs/butt are my problem areas. I want something advanced, but gentler on the joints. (...if this is possible!)

I would love to hear your thoughts and any results/experiences you have had with these systems.

TIA!
adrien_73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-15, 07:35 AM  
Nuggie's Auntie

I would definitely say P57 is more 'athletic' than Leah. I've never done the periodization series, but I've done Leah's DVDs and her approach is, as you know, slower. Not easier, but slower. I personally enjoy the challenge of P57's faster pace. To maintain control over your movements while keeping up with the participants in the video is challenging. And I think a lot more fun. I don't consider Leah's DVDs very fun at all.
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-15, 10:06 AM  
kariev34

I like ballet body better. Yes it's slower but gets your breathing up and is very challenging.
kariev34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-15, 11:10 AM  
Honeydew

I love Ballet Body! I got great results in my thighs and butt!
Honeydew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-15, 02:42 PM  
prettyinpink

The BB Periodization systems are more challenging than P57, to me. I like P57, too, but I like Leah's quiet instruction, better form tips, and I get nicer legs and arms with BB. I also feel that BB is more well-rounded, with more and different leg and arm work than the traditional barre exercises. The UB plank stuff is killer.

Though P57 does have a great fun factor and great music, IMO. And the production is miles above, no comparison.
prettyinpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-15, 03:59 PM  
msu

My vote would be for Ballet Body. I just traded-in all my P57 dvds to Amazon for next to nothing. I have burned two back-up dvd sets of all of Leah's downloads and am attempting to transfer my BB files from my desktop to my new tablet so I won't risk losing all those workouts. I also consider myself to be a more advanced exerciser in most respects and prefer a more athletic, less dancy approach to things. I just click with BB and still find it crazy challenging, especially the upper body work. I love the variety with all her downloads and wish she would consider cranking back up and releasing more stuff. I don't think there is a right or wrong answer. Probably just go with what you have enjoyed the most to reduce the dread factor.
msu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-15, 04:10 PM  
Gancho Girl

I think that P57 is faster but BB is tougher.

But I'm biased. I've just started the training to be a BB instructor!

---
http://livingroomathlete.blogspot.com/

Disclosure statement: I am a facilitator for Misty Tripoli's THE GROOVE and a Pilates instructor.
Gancho Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-15, 07:22 PM  
adrien_73

Thank you everyone for your feedback! You just confirmed what a already knew...I'm going to have to get both eventually!
adrien_73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-15, 08:07 PM  
fatkat555

Honestly, I've never done P57, but the pace of it makes me think that it would be very difficult to maintain good form. I like a slower, more controlled pace so I can get that barre burn.

You have to make a mess, sometimes, to clean it up.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
fatkat555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-15, 08:26 PM  
Gancho Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrien_73 View Post
Thank you everyone for your feedback! You just confirmed what a already knew...I'm going to have to get both eventually!
You really do.

---
http://livingroomathlete.blogspot.com/

Disclosure statement: I am a facilitator for Misty Tripoli's THE GROOVE and a Pilates instructor.
Gancho Girl is offline   Reply With Quote