Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-06-13, 06:47 PM  
F1mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by holliholli915 View Post
My body has never changed faster -- I have lost an inch off my thighs each month from doing these workouts. Not to mention the inches melting off the rest of my body. I just tend to focus on my thighs which barely move with anything else.
How many months did you do your rotation?

I have DB but haven't used it yet. Posts like this are the reason I have so many new DVDs this year.
F1mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-13, 07:25 PM  
holliholli915

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1mom View Post
How many months did you do your rotation?

I have DB but haven't used it yet. Posts like this are the reason I have so many new DVDs this year.
I've done a rotation similar to this for the past 3 months. I've been working out quite some time and it wasn't until this rotation that I started seeing visually noticeable results. The last time I had such amazing results was when I ran 7 miles a day. But, no one can keep that up for long.

I like this rotation because it's high impact only on the TA days. But, the rest of the days are low impact. But, way more intense than TA. I cannot say enough about the results. It's crazy to look in the mirror and see a V in your abdominals or inner thigh muscles. Slim, lithe arms and legs. Crazy!

I know what you mean about these posts. That's what started me on DB and Tonique. I remember seeing DB a year ago and thinking the cover looked ridiculous and that it would be a light weight workout. But, then, I got on this site and bought DB and loved it. Now, I'm a total Tonique convert! That DVD seemed odd to me, too...until these posts!
holliholli915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-13, 07:25 PM  
deineira

Quote:
Originally Posted by holliholli915 View Post
Ha! Happy to! I've never done it exclusively. But, the first time I added it in, it was during a TA/Barre rotation I had been doing for months and I dropped 4.2 pounds the first week and my inches lost picked up that month. The only thing I could possibly contribute it to was the addition of FF DB. That's not to take away from TA because I had also received results from that workout. But, they seemed slow until I added FF.

NThat one day of FF is absolutely necessary -- it shapes the body so much differently than TA and Tonique. At some point, when I'm done with TA, I'd like to do FF at least 3x/week. But, I don't go a week without FF.

Thanks for posting your rotation. I just got the DB DVDs last week and am about to embark on a DB/Tonique rotation with some other workouts (Peak 10 and HC) included. I am also trying to do Tonique 2x per week. Your results are exactly what I'm after...thanks for the motivation.

Eva
deineira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-13, 08:22 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Yes, thanks for sharing your rotation -- I was imagining you were doing DB nearly every day -- good to know how you are mixing it up. It's funny how many of us are mixing the same things -- DB, Tonique, TA, and even HoCo! Now that my live Mindy workouts are coming to an end, I'm going to try to do DB twice a week and Tonique twice a week. We'll see if I can handle that much. And then maybe mix in some TA, too!!
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-13, 08:30 PM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
Yes, thanks for sharing your rotation -- I was imagining you were doing DB nearly every day -- good to know how you are mixing it up. It's funny how many of us are mixing the same things -- DB, Tonique, TA, and even HoCo! Now that my live Mindy workouts are coming to an end, I'm going to try to do DB twice a week and Tonique twice a week. We'll see if I can handle that much. And then maybe mix in some TA, too!!
Variety is the spice of life....

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-13, 08:36 PM  
LoveVA

Quote:
Originally Posted by deineira View Post
Thanks for posting your rotation. I just got the DB DVDs last week and am about to embark on a DB/Tonique rotation with some other workouts (Peak 10 and HC) included. I am also trying to do Tonique 2x per week. Your results are exactly what I'm after...thanks for the motivation.

Eva
I'm curious as to how you are creating your rotation.

I really enjoy Tonique (I've got Energy Mat, Premier, 2, and BTM), HC, Peak 10 (I have More Cardio Interval Burn and More Cardio Strength), and DB (I have Tabata/Toning and Fusion Mix). A month or 2 rotation of these DVDs sounds interesting. I've got TA Mat and think that could be good in this kind of rotation.
LoveVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-13, 09:11 PM  
holliholli915

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
It's funny how many of us are mixing the same things -- DB, Tonique, TA, and even HoCo!
I've been seeing a lot about HoCo; but, what is it? I'm kind of afraid to ask because this is how it all starts, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveVA View Post
I'm curious as to how you are creating your rotation.

I really enjoy Tonique (I've got Energy Mat, Premier, 2, and BTM), HC, Peak 10 (I have More Cardio Interval Burn and More Cardio Strength), and DB (I have Tabata/Toning and Fusion Mix). A month or 2 rotation of these DVDs sounds interesting. I've got TA Mat and think that could be good in this kind of rotation.
Well, I started when I finally gave into all of the TA hype and decided to give it a whirl. But, I realized, I couldn't do the exact same thing/instructor every single day. I just don't have that kind of attention span. So, I decided to do TA 3x/week. It's worked just fine!

Then, I decided to use my other three days for other intense workouts like DB. I added that one in and loved it and my results. At the time, I was doing TA/barre and adding DB made a huge difference. Had I not experienced it first hand, I wouldn't have believed it. Last month after reading a lot about Tonique, I decided to try it out and only added it once. It changed my legs in just a few workouts. So, this month, I decided to add it 2x/week.

I don't have a formula, I really just look at what works for me and I try to gradually add new workouts so I don't burn out and can give myself an opportunity to acclimate and assess it's effectiveness. But, I think I'm on to something with DB/TA/Tonique.
holliholli915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-13, 09:26 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

HoCo is Horizontal Conditioning. Another tough workout in a different sort of way. Check out the clips at totalfitnessdvds.com. She does a lot of horizontal work, but her vertical leg work is pretty tough, too!!

I never notice much in the way of dramatic results like you have experienced -- my body doesn't seem to change that way or that fast or something. But, I always like to try!! For my two toniques per week I want to try one of the standing ones and one of the mat ones -- we'll see if I can manage it. I've had a couple of off days -- not sure what to do tomorrow -- Tonique or DB. Decisions, decisions!!
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-13, 09:32 PM  
kitty12

Bee, I'm like you. I don't notice physical changes in my body, regardless of what workouts I try. It seems once I got to a point, I stay there. On the other hand, I do notice changes in strength, pain reduction (hip, SIJ), just feeling better and stronger with certain things. Plus, I like to challenge myself.

I did DB for about a month and now took a little break to do other workouts, but plan on coming back to DB.
kitty12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-13, 09:47 PM  
LoveVA

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitty12 View Post
Bee, I'm like you. I don't notice physical changes in my body, regardless of what workouts I try. It seems once I got to a point, I stay there. On the other hand, I do notice changes in strength, pain reduction (hip, SIJ), just feeling better and stronger with certain things. Plus, I like to challenge myself.

I did DB for about a month and now took a little break to do other workouts, but plan on coming back to DB.
I was exactly the same way for a long time. I saw huge improvements in strength and cardio capacity doing Cathe, Mike D, Jillian workouts. However, it wasn't until I added TA Mat and Tonique that I actually saw physical changes in my body that I thought were just not possible. I've only just started doing my DB workouts, but I'm hopeful that I will see results from those also.
LoveVA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dream body, fusion fitness