Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 03-04-21, 12:51 PM  
Garrie A.

Sandra: Thanks for starting us off! Glad your niece is doing well.

Sherry: Glad you are enjoying the NIA classes!

Cyana: No flowers are blooming in my area yet.

Paine: My reaction to my first COVID shot (Moderna, BTW) was similar to your youngest son.

Pam: I love my Audible subscription, but mostly use it to listen to books on my way to work.

Waves all around!
--------------------------------------------------------
CLX 6/19-9/19
STS Grad 11/19-2/20, 9/20-12/20

Current Focus:
Joyce Vedral "Mix-It-Up" Rotation

Check out my blog by clicking on the "Home Page" link under my profile name.
Garrie A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-21, 03:39 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Garrie, so glad you were able to get your first vaccine! Mine is later this month. That's exciting about you and your SO looking for apartments; hope you find something. LOL about thinking of my Heidi Tanner virtual encounter!

Paine, yes, I do try to encourage people to find their own neutral.

I want to film another video; I was thinking about maybe today, but it looks like that's not happening, so it will either be tomorrow afternoon or Saturday. It might be another for my VIP series (focused on cat/cow), or maybe a short yoga routine. I'm still open to ideas!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-21, 03:42 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Popping in to say hello! And I have news.....I just received an email telling me I passed Level 4! Woo hoo, it’s been a four year journey!

I’ll be back later to chat & post my workouts.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-21, 03:50 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Pam, that is wonderful - kudus to you!!! Does that give you greater access to what you are able to teach?

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 03-04-21, 04:34 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Garrie, you have a stronger immune system than I do. Our youngest son had no reaction to his first Pfizer vaccine and had flu-like symptoms from his 2nd Pfizer vaccine. His girlfriend, who is his same age, had flu-like symptoms from both of her covid vaccines.

Pam, Congratulations on Level 4!! I'm so happy for you. That was a lot of work and your tenacity paid off.

Beth, I love yoga practices that have stretches that feel really good.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-21, 05:50 PM  
JustSandra

Haven't worked out yet today, but had to say congratulations to our Yogapam!

And Garrie, good to hear from you. Wishing you success on the apartment hunting -- keep us informed! Also glad you got your Covid shot. One of my co-workers really wants one but she is in her 30s and doesn't have any pre-existing conditions that would qualify her at this time. So she's become one of those "vaccine hunters" looking for unused doses at the end of the day from people who didn't show for appointments.

Waving to all -- be back later!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-21, 07:52 PM  
YogaGal

Count me in as another one to get a vaccine appointment! I’m going for my first dose on March 10; I think it will be Pfizer, but not sure. And DH will be getting his 2nd shot this Satuday, the 6th.

Paine: Congrats on completing your taxes! I bet it was a little more complicated due to your move last year. DH dropped our tax prep materials with our tax preparer, so it’s all done except for answering whatever questions she might have and paying her for her services. I see you did a Tamilee Stretch which sounds good. I need to do one of her workouts again; I like the I Want That Body set.

Sherry: Glad to hear that your pumpkin vegetarian chili was a success! I have not been very inspired to cook lately. Hope your ability to sleep improves soon. A lot of people have been under more stress for this past year, but you’ve had a lot of added stress these past few months. You’re doing well to get in a little movement when you can. I’m sure it is helpful even when you aren’t in the mood to do it.

cyana: I loved that story you shared about the Austin TX couple who took in the stranded delivery driver. Such a great story during a stressful event. Thanks for sharing the idea and the link about freezing avocados! I printed it out and plan to use it. And the blooming daffodils sounds like a wonderful spring surprise!

Beth: Sorry to hear that you missed that program earlier this week. Hopefully everyone understands; we deserve to give everyone a bit more forgiveness after the year we’ve endured. Glad that your online work is going well. Perhaps by fall we’ll do some in-person work.

Sandra: I saw your response in the GD about Jessica’s new workouts and while I haven’t had the chance to look at all of the details, I think I’ll wait. I was prepared to go digital over dvds if necessary, but I don’t like workouts longer than 30 minutes, so I don’t want to pay for ones I’ll seldom use. I’ll look at it more in a few days, but my thinking now is no. Glad to hear that things are working out better for your niece and her daughter.

Garrie: Congrats on getting your first vaccine shot! And I wish you and your SO luck on finding a pet-friendly apartment. Hopefully something good will come up. I understand you still wanting to help out your parents. And I also did a mix from KCM’s Muscle Up recently; I need to use it more often.

Pam: Congrats on passing Level 4!!
Old 03-04-21, 07:54 PM  
YogaGal

My exercise last week:
Monday: KCM’s Muscle Up Lift 2B Fit, Legs and Glutes premix
Tuesday: Jessica Smith’s YouTube “Armed & Dangerous, Upper Body, Abs, & Arms Workout,” and Yoga with Kassandra 10-Minute Yoga Cooldown Post Workout Stretch
Wednesday: Jessica Smith’s “Have a Ball!” from Burn Fat & Have Fun dvd, and Sarah Beth’s 10-Minute Simple Slow Stretch Yoga
Thursday: Jessica Smith’s “Happy HIIT” from 10-Minute Quick Walk Mix dvd, and RaviAna’s “Fight Fire with Fire” from Fat Free Yoga – Lose Weight & Feel Great dvd
Friday: 2.8 Mile walk outside with DH
Saturday: Jessica Smith’s “20-Minute Legs” from 10 Pounds Down dvd, and Sarah Beth’s 10-Minute Post Workout Cooldown Lower Body
Sunday: Jessica Smith’s ““20-Minute Arms” from 10 Pounds Down dvd, and RaviAna’s Yoga for Beginners and Beyond, "Nerve Strength & Core Power"

This week:
Monday: KCM’s Cardio Quick Fix, #1 and Raviana Quick Fix, Headache Helper
Tuesday: Sarah Beth’s “30-Minute Slow Stretch Yoga for Stress & Anxiety”
Wednesday: Rest Day
Old 03-04-21, 08:45 PM  
Garrie A.

Today's workout:
-Peloton: 45 min 80's ride, premiered 1/26/21
-Peloton: 5 min post ride stretch (Denis Morton)

I love Denis, I love 80's music, and I loved this ride! He picked a great mix of songs, all by the original artists (just to name a few: Prince, Phil Collins, INXS, Janet Jackson, and U2). I had a bit of a late start because in the intro Denis said that you will need light weights for one song. I was already strapped into the bike and had to unstrap, go into my workout room and grab my 2 lb. weights (since my spin bike is in the den), and clip back in. Ugh!

I also see Denis has some yoga classes on the app. Hmmmmm.......

Carolyn: You had a great week! I had been curious about Jessica's new program, but the price is too steep for what it is IMHO. Plus I got plenty of strength workouts (Cathe, KCM, Firm) to keep me happy.

And wishing a big CONGRATS to Pam for passing her Essentrics Level 4 exam!
--------------------------------------------------------
CLX 6/19-9/19
STS Grad 11/19-2/20, 9/20-12/20

Current Focus:
Joyce Vedral "Mix-It-Up" Rotation

Check out my blog by clicking on the "Home Page" link under my profile name.
Garrie A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-21, 08:59 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Garrie, did you see the mock Peloton commercial on SNL a few weeks ago?

Carolyn, everyone was very understanding about the programming snafu! I just felt bad. Great that you got a vaccine appointment and that your DH is getting his second! My mom got her second today and my dad is getting his second later this month; I was just starting to think that maybe I can go see my family this summer.

Follow me @YogiBethC