Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-18-20, 01:33 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by marki64 View Post
I think it's sad that people are afraid to get together. My gosh, it's a cold/flu virus. Unless you are old and have compromised immune system, you won't die. This is tanking our businesses and it's wrong. I think the elderly, cancer patients (like my own mom)and other illnesses should stay at home away from everyone, but we are fit and healthy, we can handle it. Everyone needs to chill. I would like to be able to find groceries for a meal I want to make. Jeesh!! You can't lock yourself away forever. I think in a couple weeks people will be done with it. I know I sound like a broken record, but we need to get back to living. At work, I can't even talk to customers through a door with plexi glass. I have voiced my opinion on that too. The funny thing is, I think everyone I work with feels the same way. It's going to far. We are all kind of joking about it.
Also, this is an example of how it can spread among people, including healthy people. One of them is a high school student. I live not far from this town:

https://planetprinceton.com/2020/03/...ViWqJJ8OyegHBY

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-20, 01:37 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

I was going to start a thread called "Animal Therapy" and post links to assorted zoo and wildlife cams.

All the ones I looked at, the animals were sleeping or hiding. Except the penguin cam. They just sort of stand there, LOL!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-20, 02:19 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Saw a clip of the people in Italy singing War Pigs by Black Sabbath out of their windows. Made my day!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-20, 02:41 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Facebookers, the Elmwood Park Zoo is having a live stream called Zoo School Live every day at 11:00 a.m. EST.

The event page is: https://www.facebook.com/events/2587223751558158/

But the actual stream begins at 11:00 on the zoo page:

Zoo School Live

I was able to watch in conjunction with my niece and grand nephew who live in another state.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-20, 02:43 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
Saw a GIF of the people in Italy singing War Pigs by Black Sabbath out of their windows. Made my day!
Video! Please scroll down

https://www.kerrang.com/the-news/wat...eir-balconies/

Old 03-18-20, 02:47 PM  
desderata

This is a really great thread. My work is very busy now and my employer doesn't permit teleworking, so I'm in the office. They have closed the building to the public, but the nature of my work is considered an essential service. So, I continue to be exposed and focus on wiping everything down with clorox wipes and constantly washing my hands. I go to work, go home and go to the grocery store once or twice a week.

I'm actually best when I'm working, because my mind is occupied. When I go home at night, I get a little anxious about everything that's going on. Like many, I restrict news consumption. I believe the public health recommendations are necessary, but I also believe a lot of the media coverage isn't helpful, focusing on a worst case scenario.

I try to work out every day, go to bed early and get good sleep, and read uplifting material. If the weather ever improves, I will get outside and walk. I think that will make the biggest improvement in my mindset.
desderata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-20, 03:32 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
Well, a year from now we'll see if your attitude is correct. You can wag your finger at us all and say, "I told you so!"

Until then, smokers, folks with lung or heart issues, those with immune disorders and even healthy seniors would be wise to err on the side of caution.

I'm sorry my concern for my life is inconvenient for you.
Sing it, sister. I hope in a year from now we will all be rolling our eyes at the measures being taken today. Although I doubt the families of those who have died and will die from it will be doing so.

My DH and I have several home projects that we are working on together, and they are a nice distraction.
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-20, 03:34 PM  
sherry7899

Just the flu...right.....

https://www.nj.com/coronavirus/2020/...tive-dies.html

Seven members of a family in NJ had it. One died and five others are in critical condition. Only one member is not hospitalized at this point.

Old 03-18-20, 03:44 PM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by marki64 View Post
I think it's sad that people are afraid to get together. My gosh, it's a cold/flu virus. Unless you are old and have compromised immune system, you won't die. This is tanking our businesses and it's wrong. I think the elderly, cancer patients (like my own mom)and other illnesses should stay at home away from everyone, but we are fit and healthy, we can handle it. Everyone needs to chill. I would like to be able to find groceries for a meal I want to make. Jeesh!! You can't lock yourself away forever. I think in a couple weeks people will be done with it. I know I sound like a broken record, but we need to get back to living. At work, I can't even talk to customers through a door with plexi glass. I have voiced my opinion on that too. The funny thing is, I think everyone I work with feels the same way. It's going to far. We are all kind of joking about it.
It's not the same as a cold/flu virus. For the flu, we have medications that will treat it, and also vaccines to limit the spread. This gives the hospitals the ability to treat those seriously ill with the flu, as not everyone gets sick at once.

COVID-19 spreads faster than the flu, has a higher death rate, and we have no medications to treat it. And obviously no vaccine. If it spreads, our hospitals will be overrun. Essentially, if we don't socially isolate, we are asking our medical personnel to do the impossible. I can't even imagine the stress they are under, and how hard this is going to be for them in the future.

It's true the majority of the people will recover just fine. But social isolation is necessary for the vulnerable and for our medical personnel.
Old 03-18-20, 03:49 PM  
marki64

Well all of you want to obsess about it and worry yourselves sick. So a good solution would be to go in your exercise room and take out the hoards of videos you have collected that are unopened and exercise yourself silly. Peace out peeps!!
marki64 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coronavirus, covid-19