Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-14-20, 05:31 PM  
marki64

Quote:
Originally Posted by lreidgreen View Post
I really don't get the hoarding of bottled water. Why would there be a water shortage under these circumstances?
Because people are freaking crazy! That's why. The hoarding is out of control. It will be interesting what we will be eating this next week since my friends are telling me that the shelves are pretty bare. Oh well.

People seem to not mind risk getting this virus being in a crowded store though. Ha! Idiots.
marki64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-20, 05:53 PM  
Karla25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliepie View Post
We stocked up on water augmented with yeast, hops, and barley.
Haha! Hope you also stocked up on pizza, hot dogs and burgers. Life can be fun even in the worst of times. Thanks for the smile.

Wonder if anyone has stocked up on Imodium. Won’t need so much toilet paper then :-)
Old 03-14-20, 07:27 PM  
bubbles76

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
If you have a Shop Rite near you, they seem to restock frequently. I found Lysol spray cleaner with bleach there on Thursday. That is something I use regularly because we had both showers done by Bathfitter and you can only use specific cleaners on them. It was not panic buying.
The Shop Rites near me are out of chicken, turkey, TP, Lysol, Lysol wipes, pasta (hey, it's NJ!) etc. Be lucky you got there when you did. If I hadn't stocked up when the Bubbles had the flu I wouldn't have any Lysol now.

Travel has also been restricted for Department of Veterans Affairs.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-20, 07:31 PM  
Sollamyn

I went to Wal-mart yesterday and not one roll of t.p. in their giant t.p. section. So I was afraid to try a regular grocery store, thinking I wouldn't have any luck there, either. I did go to Big Lots, however, and they were totally stocked! I even got a good brand that I would regularly buy. (For those who don't know, Big Lots is like a TJ Maxx, but with stuff you'd find in places like Walmart or Target.)

I went to a grocery store later, and they did have a very small selection of cheap t.p. I really don't understand why other stores can have stock when Walmart can't. Weird!

I didn't look for hand sanitizers or the like, as I have plenty of that. My Dollar General had Clorox wipes, which I picked up on Thursday (but they were almost out of t.p.). I guess the more densely populated areas are going to be the hardest hit by all the hoarders and doomsday folks. We here in the rural areas can still find a few necessities, at least--if we look hard enough!

Donna
Old 03-14-20, 08:21 PM  
Leonana

I was at Target this morning. They had some toilet paper and limited it to one package per person. I snagged a 12 pack. I picked up cat food and some groceries. Also cough medicine, laundry detergent and bleach. They were completely out of pasta, rice, dry beans and canned beans. The bread aisle was half full. I’ve never spent so much on groceries this week in my life! At least I should save money on groceries for the next month.

I had to buy a new toaster, our old one stopped working. So that’s why I went to Target. They also have my favorite sticky rollers, and we have three cats.

I ordered one of those bidets that attach to your toilet seat from Amazon. I’ve always wanted one, so decided now was the time!
Old 03-14-20, 08:32 PM  
YetAnotherDeb

The Walmart I work at now has hand sanitizer and antiseptic wipes on the shelf, but absolutely no toilet paper. We even put out the nasty camping stuff and it flew off the shelves.

We were crazy busy yesterday and today. People are apparently starting to hoard food. It's nuts, but in some ways understandable. We have stock, just not enough people to get it on the shelves given how packed the aisles are with customers. Make room for us, folks! We're the lowly folks who are doing the best we can.

I get buying a supply to get through a couple of weeks or a month. I don't get these people who are are buying enough of any given item to last for a year. I mean really, who needs 240 rolls of toilet paper at one time?

I should add that WalMart has announced a good time-off, paid-leave policy for staff who contract corona virus. They're trying to take care of us and for once I don't think it's corporate b.s.
_____
YADeb
YetAnotherDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-20, 08:37 PM  
Leonana

That’s wonderful that Walmart is doing that for their employees.
Old 03-15-20, 12:07 AM  
DirtDiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by marki64 View Post
I have become sickened, not by the corona virus, but the media and the over dramatization of it all. Ridiculous! Just a way to tank the economy. I will continue to shop, eat out and try to enjoy life. My God, they act as if people are dying on the streets.

When I went to get my mom at the assisted living place yesterday, I had to fill out a form if I was showing signs. I ask why they don't do this every year? Every Fall, there should be a form for family members to fill out for any colds or flus. I will not listen to any news until this is over. And, it will end. This is so political and unnecessary.

I need to pick up some things for dinner tonight. We'll see if the shelves are bare.
I so agree with you. It's apparent that hysteria breeds hysteria. Getting the Coronovirus does not equate death. I doubt most people even know the origin of this Novel C virus, the difference between bacteria, fungus or virus. Sad that the media rules over common sense.
DirtDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-20, 12:42 AM  
adawn
VF Supporter

With the toilet paper stock not being able to keep up with demand right now, I got a kick out of this meme.

Also, FWIW, we have a Toto washlet (bidet toilet seat) in one of the bathrooms. It is THE GREATEST. It instantly heats the water so no cold jolts. Remote control. Does everything and more. Has cut way back on our TP usage since you only need a little bit of TP to dry off when done. (The seat has a dryer function but the dryer function is pretty useless IMO.) We also don't need the heated seat function so we turned that feature off. It has some sort of air filter I think because the bathroom doesn't seem to get as stinky when you're using it for certain bodily functions. (Sorry if TMI.)

It also mists water on the bowl right before you use it to minimize any "sticking" to the toilet bowl surface, though not much sticks because the toilet bowl has Toto's sanigloss (now called cefiontect) glaze/finish. Downside to the sanigloss finish is you're only supposed to use neutral cleansers in the toilet bowl if you don't want to ruin the finish. Two of our toilets have the finish and seem to do fine with just cleaning with palmolive dish soap or fabuloso. Some people report using mild toilet bowl cleaners on it with no issues but no way I'm going to risk it.

I think Brondell is another good competitor in the bidet toilet seat arena but my mom wanted a seat that also had toilet models designed around hiding the water hose and power cord. You can attach a Toto washlet to any toilet I think (if there's a plug nearby) but they also make Toto toilet models that are made to integrate a washlet seat more seamlessly so you don't see any cords or water hoses.

I could talk about toilets for days. I used to spend way too much time on the bathroom forum on ths.gardenweb.com (now taken over by houzz).
adawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-20, 02:04 AM  
Negin

Quote:
Originally Posted by adawn View Post
With the toilet paper stock not being able to keep up with demand right now, I got a kick out of this meme.

Also, FWIW, we have a Toto washlet (bidet toilet seat) in one of the bathrooms. It is THE GREATEST. It instantly heats the water so no cold jolts. cords or water
Bidets are the best. I wish that we had some. Whenever we visit Europe (that won't be happening for long time, we just had to cancel our next trip and lsoe all our tickets). we make the most of the bidets.

Tags
coronavirus, covid-19, introverts, price gouging, social distancing