Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-23-16, 05:29 PM  
boukilisa

Can Cathe's Strong and Sweaty PHA and Bootcamp be done w/o the step?

I am really eyeing these two workouts. But there looks like there might be too many moves on the step for my cranky knees. I can see how to modify some things from the clips. But I'm wondering how much box work there is altogether. Also, would I be losing too much if I did the workouts off the step?

TIA for your thoughts.
Old 12-24-16, 10:48 AM  
Mickey12

I have only done Bootcamp so far. Cathe uses the step for the cardio segments. She uses it for elevated lunges but you could easily do these on the floor. She uses the step to lay on for chest flies. You could lay on the floor for those (or a stability ball). She does a barbell chest press while going over the step but you could definitely omit the step on those. T

he biggest thing would be modifying the cardio for use without the step. She does swim lunges off the step, she does box jumps using the step, she does a set of power 7s, etc. If you are good at making up your own cardio, you could get away with no step. The cardio segments aren't long. There is a timesaver premix that omits all the cardio moves.

I hope that helps.

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-16, 12:13 PM  
boukilisa

Perfect answer, Kim. 🙂

That's exactly what I wanted to know. I'm really happy to hear about the Timesaver option. Thanks!
Old 12-24-16, 03:38 PM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

I just got mine today and I have not see the workout, BUT I was thinking for the swim lunges you could sub puddle jumpers or her side (and low) reaching lunges that she uses a lot in her low impact cardio workouts and warm-ups... and do knee pulls for the bench hops... but the timesaver option sounds perfect.

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-16, 04:21 PM  
Mickey12

I did PHR training today. The workout can be done without a step, but it will require doing different exercises for some moves or easier variations of some exercises. Cathe uses the step for squats off the side with 3 risers, so you could just do regular squats (although she also does regular squats). She does step ups so if you didn't want to use the step, you would have to do something else. She uses the step for curtsey lunges so you could just do them on the floor.

She also uses the step for lying triceps extensions and overhead pullovers but these won't affect your knees.

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote