Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-13-16, 09:22 AM  
bee
VF Supporter

I have almost everything Jessica's ever sold and I'm one of those who will do them once in a while, but they don't grab me much. This new set is different -- absolutely love it! I've done all but one or two on the non-yoga ones and I've only done the total body set on the yoga one. Every workout has felt new and fresh -- I hope she keeps making more like this set. I think my favorite dvd from the set is the sort of fusion-y one -- I forget what it's called. That one feels the most unique compared to other offerings out there.
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-16, 09:37 AM  
PennyK

I just started Jessica's rotation Monday and following with an episode of CS season 11 afterward.

This is a great combo for me (usually a Leslie/CS girl), I really need extra stretching and have been feeling great the last couple of days!

I really liked Have A Ball and used a 2# weighted ball and would love more videos like this. Looking forward to trying the others.
PennyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-16, 11:17 AM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonana View Post
It's that way for me too, although I like these two latest Walk Strong systems almost as much as You Tube. I like the variety of You Tube. You just can't put 300 videos on a dvd, lol.

I liked Have a Ball okay, but prefer the You Tube ball workout. I don't know, maybe I'm just emotionally attached to the You Tube workouts, because that's where I really got into working out with Jessica. But I like having the dvd's, just in case I lose my internet or something!
Well, I should do more of the workouts before I post, lol.

I absolutely loved Stride and Step! It had more unique moves than the You Tube workout, if I'm remembering correctly. Challenging, but didn't kill me. The backs of my thighs are feeling it!

However, I never work out to step workouts, except for the one Jessica made on You Tube, and I also cannot do any complicated choreography. So, I don't know that a dedicated stepper would click with it. But for someone like me, it was great.
Old 07-13-16, 02:04 PM  
boukilisa

Is there a breakdown of Boost Metabolism + Muscle somewhere?
Old 07-13-16, 07:01 PM  
PennyK

Today was Day 3 Stride and Step and I loved it!
I used my Zumba step and it worked perfectly.
Old 07-13-16, 07:29 PM  
desderata

I like Jessica but don't do her workouts - I don't like walking workouts and the others didn't click. I needed a few shorter workouts so I got on this bandwagon and ordered the Muscle plus Boost Metabolism dvd. I did the total body circuit today and was surprised how much I liked it! I had the impression that Jessica's workouts were not strenuous, but this one was a good little workout!

It's 35 minutes and starts with a short warm up, then you grab dumbells and do compound moves which include a squat and swing with your heavy dumbells held at your side, pulsing lunges combined with rows, plie' squats with shoulder presses, pulsing cross back lunges with I *think* triceps kickbacks, more pulsing lunges with biceps curls and hammer curls, chest flies with a reverse crunch, etc. The workout doesn't waste a minute and I was sweaty when it was over. I liked Jessica's cueing and form tips a lot and thought her interaction with her mom was really sweet. All in all, I'm glad I got on this bandwagon.
desderata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-16, 09:28 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennyK View Post
I just started Jessica's rotation Monday and following with an episode of CS season 11 afterward.

This is a great combo for me (usually a Leslie/CS girl), I really need extra stretching and have been feeling great the last couple of days!
This sounds heavenly!! I haven't started the rotation yet but this is what I'll do too.
Thanks for the inspiration!
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-16, 07:05 AM  
PennyK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
This sounds heavenly!! I haven't started the rotation yet but this is what I'll do too.
Thanks for the inspiration!
You're welcome!

It really is wonderful for me, Jessica is pushing me out of my comfort zone and leaving me a sweaty mess and Miranda is loosening everything up. I really think the extra stretching is helping relieve any stress on my body that working harder is adding, which in turn allows me to jump right back in the next day.

I had previously tried the first four episodes of CS season 11, so I started this rotation with episode 1105 and the specific episodes are really lining up perfectly with what parts Jessica is working on. For instance, last night Jessica worked upper body and Miranda did back pain relief.
Old 07-15-16, 06:19 PM  
mizach
VF Supporter

What is the title of this new workout series?
I figured it out.
mizach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-16, 12:58 PM  
Leonana

I did the Total Body workout from Gentle Yoga. I really liked it. Easy to fit in, since it's 20 minutes.

Tags
2016, burn fat and have fun, jessica smith, jessica smith step, rotation, six week, summer strength challenge