Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-11-12, 12:08 PM  
smith938
VF Supporter

there used to be an active gamers checkin but haven't seen it in a long time.that's where i found out about wii walk it out and the facebook group for all the hints...
Old 08-11-12, 12:18 PM  
schoolgirl-01

i have Wii & Kinect but mainly use kinect - i prefer not to have to hold onto anything.

i love Just Dance, UFC Personal Trainer, Kinect Sports Volleyball & Boxing, Black Eye Peas Experience, and Zumba Fitness Rush.
schoolgirl-01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-12, 12:43 PM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel nee nee View Post
anyone treid dance dance revolution for wii? do you like this one?
DDR for Wii can only be played on the older, vertical console, not the new horizontal model. See this post for details.

My favorite DDR game on Wii is DDR II, because it has doubles available. But I still prefer the DDR games on PS2 or Xbox 360.

Wii games I like: We Cheer 1 and 2, Just Dance 1 and 2, Walk It Out, Exerbeat, Golds Gym Dance Workout, Michael Jackson The Experience. If you like NFL football, NFL Training Camp comes with a heart rate monitor and has some good bootcamp-ish workouts.

Zumba on Wii is okay, but you have to wear a belt holding the controller, which tends to slip. I'm looking forward to Zumba Fitness Core on Kinect.

ETA: avoid the Jillian Michaels games, even if you're a Jillian fan. They've gotten very bad reviews, mainly for their tendency to lock up and unresponsiveness. The Biggest Loser games have gotten better reviews.

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-12, 12:49 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Yeah if I were starting from scratch I'd be tempted to get a Kinect, but I already have a Wii and am not into buying another system. It's certainly good enough and I can't say the Zumba belt slips on me. Then again, I don't give a fig about scoring.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-12, 01:00 PM  
smith938
VF Supporter

I'm with you Gina - I dont' care about the score - just wanna have fun!
Old 08-11-12, 01:39 PM  
angel nee nee

Tks for the info.
Wii walk it out is mainly walking game as far as exercise goes?

And for cool VF members to share our joy of video exercising with!
angel nee nee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-12, 02:06 PM  
smith938
VF Supporter

yes - walk it out has an island with a stadium in the middle. you're on rhythm island and start off with a group of songs - you can go to settings and change the value of things and how accurate you step and pick song lists and see the map (also a great map on facebook though I still get lost!) you walk to the beat and use the wiimote to scan and to buy-that takes a bit of getting the hang of - but you buy shops and fish stands and houses and trees and bridges and routes..and songs/time clock to change the time, zodiacs you buy in pieces- takes maybe 4 to unlock the item. each day you can collect the rainbow spheres to unlock a rainbow - also an airship availabel certain times of the day. that's where the time pieces come in handy yo ucan go to settings and pick a different time if you've unlocked it!

but you walk around to the beat and buy stuff for your island. I get on the rebounder. my friend's 4 yr old likes it too. you can also walk on the ddr mat or balance board but I just us ethe wiimote and nunchuk (the nunchuk counts the steps and registers that you're walking).
Old 08-11-12, 05:38 PM  
LynnO
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by smith938 View Post
snip
I've tried Zumba once and it was fun but hard - I may get these when I find a good price.

snip!
Which Zumba game do you have. The first one registered pretty much any movement and was really easy to get a good score, no need to be even close to the game. I usually just held the remote in my hand.

The second requires the wiimote to be in a very specific location on your hip and facing the correct direction.

I liked the Zumba games, Walk it Out and Exerbeats. Never could get into any of the dancing, exercise or cheering games. Now that bad weather is around the corner, it's probably time to hook the system back up. I've been jogging and walking this summer.
LynnO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-12, 05:55 PM  
smith938
VF Supporter

I had the first one - friend has it now - but I didn't pay much attention to the score- I meant the 20 min routine kicked my rear! it was fun though!
Old 08-11-12, 10:33 PM  
Yoyogirl72

I LOVE Dance Central 1 & 2 and Zumba on my Xbox 360 kinect. They got me started with working out. So much fun! I love getting high scores but am only competing with myself. The ultimate goal is getting a good calorie burn. I didn't know there was a 3rd Zumba coming out. Will definitely be checking it out!
Yoyogirl72 is offline   Reply With Quote