Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-11-12, 07:54 AM  
angel nee nee

Exerise games we like (wii, etc)

Which exercise games do you like?

What kind of exercises do they feature that you like? (i.e. dance, yoga, etc)

What are the specifics you like about these games (i.e. clear instruction, music, etc)

And for cool VF members to share our joy of video exercising with!
angel nee nee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-12, 08:21 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

I'm not big on Wii fitness but I have and enjoy:
Wii Walk It Out
Wii Just Dance #1, #2, Summer Party, #3 (and soon #4)
Wii Zumba #1 and #2

They are all cardio - either walking or dancing - and they are easy to follow without important or complicated scoring. No equipment (balance board or special mat) to buy. Just pop them in and get moving, and the music's great - the best part!!
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-12, 08:59 AM  
smith938
VF Supporter

Wii Walk It Out - I usually walk/bounce on my rebounder - it's walking, music and shopping all rolled into one! I like building the island - buildings, suspension bridges, cafes, stores, luxury apartments, hotel..took a little bit of a learning curve but once I got past that I've really enjoyed it.

wii fit/plus- I don't do this often enough but I do like the diversion from regular exercise videos - I like the basic run around the island(looks a lot like rhythm island on walk it out!), hula hoop - stilll haven't tried all the stuff

just dance - have all of these though a friend has borrowed #2 -along with Michael Jackson Experience and Abba. I haven't gotten around to doing all of them and I do get frustrated with geting the moves right but once I get myself past the learning curve I think I'll enjoy them a lot. I love music and dancing (in the privacy of my own home!)I also like having the onscreen people to 'dance with'

I've tried Zumba once and it was fun but hard - I may get these when I find a good price.

Wii sports - yes I'm outta shape enough I can feel these! bowling is my favorite and time can fly by once I get started IF I'm in the mood for it - if it's not grabbing me then it's no fun at all and I don't seem to get into it once I get started if it's not already calling to me.

wii sports resort- obstacle course is still kicking my booty..

I'm honestly not one with patience for learning video games- wii fit I learned a few things from my friend -she and her now 4 yr old play a lot and her husband as well when he has time. The 1-3 things I can 'do' on sports resort also came from them!
Old 08-11-12, 09:47 AM  
Sissy B

I love working out on my Wii.

I love the Just Dance games - I have Just Dance 1, 2, 3 and Summer Dance Party. Even though I am so NOT a dancer, they are fun and I love the music. I also have ABBA: You Can Dance. I will definitely be getting Just Dance 4 when it's released in October.

I also love the Gold's Gym Workouts. The GG Cardio is shape boxing and it's a lot of fun. I love the boxing segments on the GG Dance because the music is great. This one also works the lower body more within the boxing segments.

Zumba 1 & 2 - fun and intense. Zumba Core Fitness is on my wish list.

When I'm working out on the Wii it's fun so I end up working out longer than I might if I were doing a DVD. I also love the interactiveness of the Wii and I love being able to mix and match segments and games to make my own workouts.

~Sissy B
Sissy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-12, 09:50 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sissy B View Post
Zumba Core Fitness is on my wish list.
Ooh, did not know about this; nice!

The reason I prefer Wii-type dancing to videos, besides the superior music, is that it feels fresher like a live class. I can dance to whatever songs I like in whatever order. And not have to deal with potentially annoying instructors, background exercisers, instructions, WHOOs and the corny comments we've had to put up with in videos: "You got that right!" "Shake what yer momma gave you!" "Now let's get funky!" etc, ad nauseum.
Old 08-11-12, 09:53 AM  
Sissy B

Zumba Core Fitness comes out October 16th. I'm just trying to decide if I'm going to go and ahead and get it myself or put it on my Christmas list for DH to get. He's bought me the last two Zumba Wii games for Christmas.

~Sissy B
Old 08-11-12, 10:00 AM  
Sissy B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
The reason I prefer Wii-type dancing to videos, besides the superior music, is that it feels fresher like a live class. I can dance to whatever songs I like in whatever order. And not have to deal with potentially annoying instructors, background exercisers, instructions, WHOOs and the corny comments we've had to put up with in videos: "You got that right!" "Shake what yer momma gave you!" "Now let's get funky!" etc, ad nauseum.
That's what I like too.

~Sissy B
Old 08-11-12, 10:02 AM  
angel nee nee

anyone treid dance dance revolution for wii? do you like this one?

And for cool VF members to share our joy of video exercising with!
angel nee nee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-12, 10:02 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Thanks for the info, Sissy! BTW, I think you should let DH put it under the tree for you...
Old 08-11-12, 12:03 PM  
Lulu Belle

Great timing! We just started up our Wii after it had been packed away and in storage when we moved. I have been playing with it with my 4 and 7 year old. We have been having fun with Wii Fit and Sport, but would love to get ideas for more.
Lulu Belle is offline   Reply With Quote