Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-22-12, 07:19 PM  
bfit

There are some of the very straightforward Cathe weight workouts that would work in small spaces like Slow and Heavy or her Gym Style series. All you really have to have for these is weights and a band. You could also consider Butts and Guts and use your step stools for the step ups and similar exercises.
bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-12, 07:20 PM  
wookiemouse

Chalean Extreme for strength training. She has a band option and you're basically in one spot. Most of her routines are 30-40 mins long and easily pausible between segments, I was able to do them with my potty training 2 yr old!
wookiemouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-12, 08:21 PM  
angel nee nee

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
Angel-welcome back!

Gin Miller has a strength dvd called "Cramped Quarters" which was designed to be done in small spaces with little equipment:

http://www.ginmiller.com/cq/cramped_quarters.html

Take care,
Sherry
Thank you Sherry for the welcome.
I have been really meaning and wanting to exercise at the gym and be healthy, but I have just started homeschooling, with that, and housework and other things, it has not happened.
So I decided I have to start doing "something" at home. Even if it was a small step to take to start with. I think video exercise will work well for me becuase it gives me a sense of starting something and accomplishing something every time I do it even if it was a small exercise session. I'm going to try to use this as a tool to build a habit.

And what a great resource there. Thanks....! I like Gin Miller.

And thank you everyone else too for the suggestions. I am going to check out every single one of them!

And for cool VF members to share our joy of video exercising with!
angel nee nee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-12, 08:31 PM  
angel nee nee

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweatyinNL View Post
I would recommend ] My son then asks me questions about why I think I need a new butt lol.
HAHAHAHA

I think about the same thing while watching videos or doing exercises with the videos, it's fine and all, but what would my children think... would they think they need a new butt too....? LOL

I understand how you feel.

Old 03-22-12, 09:03 PM  
Cammie-Cam

I was going to suggest Powerstrike 5 or 6 or even 4. They aren't chaptered, but she'll usually do a combo, then move on to another combo and you can stop the workout after each combo if you wanted to, then stretch on your own.

Forza is cool too, really works the upper body; back and shoulders. She uses a bokken but any ol broom handle would do fine. Minus the broom part of course.

Firm Super Cardio Mix on DVD has options to chose your own segments of the workout. Its been a while since I've done this one, but I think you can choose up to 10 different segments so you can make the workout as long or short as you want. It's an oldie but goodie.
Cammie-Cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-12, 09:28 PM  
princess76

How about Jillian Michaels or Powerfit with Stefanie Huckabee?
princess76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-12, 09:39 PM  
luprisi

I'd suggest Lindsay Brin's Post natal Bootcamp. They're great little workouts that you can mix and match. The format is a short warm up followed by 10 minutes of cardio and 10 minutes of strengh training. She does each move for a minute. It requires a set of weights for most of the segments but there some segments that are body weight only. Oh, it also has about 3 minutes of abs and a rotation for 12 weeks.
luprisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-12, 09:41 PM  
angel nee nee

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess76 View Post
How about Jillian Michaels or Powerfit with Stefanie Huckabee?
I have never heard of this, but interested. I am intersted in other vieos recommended by other people too...!

Old 03-22-12, 10:28 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

How about Gin Miller's Cramped Quarters? It's designed to use very little space, has strength and cardio circuits and is only $2.99. You can see a clip here: http://www.ginmillerdvds.com/Cramped...-DVD_p_90.html
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-12, 11:19 PM  
lisarah

for quick workouts I like Tracy Mallett's quickblast dvds. Just uses a dumbell, not sure about your space restrictions but if you can do a wide step touch, you will be good here. She gets a alot done in 6 minutes and you can also piece more workouts together to make a longer workout. It is mostly interval training - usualy alternates strength & cardio. here's links to preview:
http://www.totalfitnessdvds.com/6-MI...-DVD-p/308.htm
http://www.totalfitnessdvds.com/6-MI...-DVD-p/309.htm

Do or do not...there is no try. ~Yoda

Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world. ~Miyamoto Musashi

Group Fitness Instructor
BS in Kinesiology
lisarah is offline   Reply With Quote