Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-26-10, 02:45 PM  
Sherim

Ellen Barrett

I absoloutely love Ellen Barrett. I was wondering how many people have seen results doing her videos exclusively. I understand I'm not going to have muscle like Cathe Friedrich, but I want people to see me and think oh she works out.
Sherim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-10, 03:01 PM  
gwinter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherim View Post
I absoloutely love Ellen Barrett. I was wondering how many people have seen results doing her videos exclusively. I understand I'm not going to have muscle like Cathe Friedrich, but I want people to see me and think oh she works out.

Here's a thread about Ellen Barrett and results that people have had.

http://forum.videofitness.com/showth...results+studio

Hope's this helps!

Glenda
gwinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-10, 03:12 PM  
moonbeam31

I have the same thought/question. I have recently been using the Studio w/o's about 3 time per week. I was wondering if these would be enough and to try to follow the rotation for these or if I should just do them 3 times per week with some harder cardio-weights in between. I adore these w/o's, but also fear they may not be enought to loose weight or look like you work out? If they are -which I hope that would be awesome!
moonbeam31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-10, 03:26 PM  
SeptemberGirl

I checked out the other thread and it went in the direction of Classical Stretch, so I am posting an answer to your question here. Since adding Ellen Barrett workouts to my existing Jari rotation, I've noticed that my abdomen doesn't pooch out as much and it actually appears flatter. I still have some abdominal fat to shed, but overall I'm happy with what I am seeing! I do my best to use good form with Ellen's workouts and I really implement that mind/body connection to focus on my core, especially during some key moves like on the upward motion in "happy feet" or inthe "horseshoe"/"full circles".
SeptemberGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-10, 03:38 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

I also recommend her Flat Belly workouts to really round out The Studio series, and her Pick Your Level Pilates is a very good one, too.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-10, 05:11 PM  
goldengirl

I just started the weight loss rotation that she has posted on her blog. I'll let you know how I make out. I'm trying to lose a few pounds before I go for my yearly physical on 2/11.
goldengirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-10, 05:39 PM  
cherimac

Hi Sheri and Welcome, from another Cheri (just spell mine kinda weird.) I love Ellen Barrett and use her a lot. I do use some barre, pilates, yoga snd other low impact cardio too but Ellen is my mainstay. I've gained flexibility, less achiness, greater functional movement, flatter abs, etc. since using her workouts. I can't tell you much about weightloss since I didn't have weight to loose when switching~but I do wear a dress size lower than when I did heavier weights prior to Ellen.

As far as muscle, I get compliments on my muscle tone. But, I'm a meso, and medium framed, so it never took heavy, heavy weights for me to build muscle anyway. I've found really concentrating on my form helps, as does getting familiar with her and being able to really control my weights and use the full range of motion.
Old 01-26-10, 05:46 PM  
Sherim

Thanks for all the replies I have been a lurker forever, you guys are great
Sherim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-10, 08:25 PM  
faith458

Sherim- I'm so glad you posted this question. I love Ellen and have been adding her workouts to my barre/kettlebell rotation. I feel so good when I'm done with her workouts.

Faith
faith458 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-10, 04:04 PM  
lorajc

i'm interested in results also. I have always thought there was not enough weight work to do an Ellen rotation soley, but never tried one.
lorajc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ellen barrett, pick your level