Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-13-11, 08:49 PM  
bfit

suggestions for a husband rotation?

I just realized how odd that title looks, but I think I'll just leave it because it's sure to get some "hits" that way! My husband is interested in getting in better shape and is more often now (about 3x a week) asking me for suggestions for a video workout he can do. Usually, I just pull something I think he'll like off the shelf, but there's really no logic to it. I do try to include a variety of things, but there's no real rotation. If he uses videos 3x a week and also runs/walks outside (and rides the stationary bike a little bit) what sort of rotation would be best? His main goal is to lose about 10 pounds, but obviously he's interested in strength and flexibility too. He can't do real intense upper body work right now because he's getting physical therapy for a rotator cuff problem. I would say his fitness level is intermediate. He's pretty flexible about the videos he will do (he'll do Denise Austin Boot Camp), but I think yoga, Pilates, barre work, and Leslie Sansone are definitely out.
bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-11, 08:51 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

i did laugh at your title!

P90, P90M come to mind. he can continue the walking and bike for steady state cardio.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-11, 09:03 PM  
hotncmom

Ryan Gosling
Ryan Reynolds
the guy that plays Booth on Bones...

Oh! You mean workouts

I'm thinking he might like that Paul Katami Hollywood Bootcamp DVD that's so exalted on VF these days...
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-11, 09:08 PM  
Sancho
VF Supporter

Location: My body is in Louisville but my heart is in Atlanta
My husband loves P90X. I can't get him to rotate off of it.
Sancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-11, 09:11 PM  
lapis
VF Supporter

I agree with Paul Katami or how about Gilad?
lapis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-11, 09:18 PM  
Malinda

My DH did 30-Day Shred one day per week throughout 2010. He rode his Schwinn AirDyne bike 4 days per week, and progressed through Levels 1, 2, and 3 of 30DS. He's graduating to Insanity for 2011. He did the Insanity Fit Test Jan. 2, and will start incorporating one Insanity per week to his schedule this week. He really, really enjoyed Shred. He modified some moves (could never quite get the form down for some of the lunges), but he is really excited about the changes in his upper body and abs that these workouts brought him. So maybe 30-Day Shred?
Malinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-11, 09:30 PM  
RoccoLuv

My hubby & I do all of our rotations together. We started with P90x. Then did Insanity, Chalean Extreme (which he actually liked more than me!), P90x+, and now we're doing STS. We will be doing the Rushfit after STS. He is currently using running (marathon training) for his cardio, but follows the STS rotation for strength training. We are also currently using Ab Lab.

I have made up my rotations as well using various dvds. We did a Bob Harper IOM rotation that also used KCM Circuit Burn....& darn I can't think of which others. But we have used all of the following: The 2 Peak 10 workouts, Atletica, Cathe MMA Boxing, Cathe Muscle Max, Jillian's Banish Fat Boost Metabolism, Cathe Cardio COre Circuit, Cathe HIIT.

We pretty much have lately done our rotation 1 of 2 ways:
1: Splits with upper body work on mon/wed & legs on fri. HIIT workouts on mon/wed, longer cardio on tues/sat.
2: 1 full body strength workout on mon, circuit style work 2 other days, longer cardio 2 of the other days.
Graduate of p90x (2x), Insanity (2x), P90X+, CLX, STS, Turbo Fire, Asylum 1 & 2, JNL Fusion, Body Beast, Xtrain, Fitness is Function Kbell, Cathe Ripped with Hiit. Currently doing Edge Booty Extreme 2.
RoccoLuv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-11, 09:57 PM  
patchworkpenguin

Pardon me while my mind boggles. I've been trying to get Hubby to workout to DVD's for years with no luck. Good for your Hubby wanting to get in better shape. I like your title.

"An exercise in futility still counts as exercise!"

"There's a pattern to the randomness!" ~ Artie ~ Warehouse 13

"Weakness is hard, but weakness doesn't have to mean defeat!" ~ Lysa TerKeurst

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2

patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-11, 10:04 PM  
beyond.omega
VF Supporter

Not a video, but my brother like Craig Ballantyne's Turbulence Training. Currently, he is doing a paper program by a guy promoted by Ballantyne - Vince Del Monte, to get ready for his wedding. (Guys are such a girls .)
beyond.omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-11, 12:12 AM  
Kathy T

still chuckling at thread title....love it!

Tags
husband rotation, husbands, men, workouts for husbands, workouts for men