Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-25-20, 07:55 PM  
Floren

Sadly, the only thing that snuck into my kitchen this week are ants.

But the good news is that I got 2 prepper-sized bags of coffee from Costco before this all started, so I feel safe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataddict View Post
WOW! WHAT IS GOING ON? A CHOCOLATE CONSPIRACY? A COVERT PEANUT BUTTER OPERATION? ARE THEY ORGANIZING?

Unbelievably, two bags of Peanut Butter M&Ms jumped into my DH's shopping cart and came home with him yesterday!!! Coincidence? I think not. Beware, people, you could be next....
Floren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-20, 08:08 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floren View Post
!
I know! WTH? I've never had ants (or anything else) in my kitchen before and now they're here. Where did they come from?
Old 03-25-20, 08:13 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

Buttons! I've been knitting for a friend's new baby and right before they shut all the stores down here, I got buttons for two cardigans because I was done with one cardigan (except the buttons) and had the yarn for the second cardigan and knew approx what size button I would need. So I'm set for when I finish that cardy in the next few days. But for future knitted garments I'm probably going to be stuck having to guess button sizes and trying to color match buttons online with the yarn I have at home. It's truly a first world problem but it's so much easier to go into a store with a finished item and see what buttons fit and match. On the other hand, maybe I'll end up with more interesting/unique buttons buying them online.
adawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-20, 08:14 PM  
Mopsy
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataddict View Post
WOW! WHAT IS GOING ON? A CHOCOLATE CONSPIRACY? A COVERT PEANUT BUTTER OPERATION? ARE THEY ORGANIZING?

Unbelievably, two bags of Peanut Butter M&Ms jumped into my DH's shopping cart and came home with him yesterday!!! Coincidence? I think not. Beware, people, you could be next....
Whoa, peanut butter M&M's are hard to find. Careful, you don't want to be accused of hoarding!

To answer the original question, for me it would be coffee (but that's an essential essential, I think), cheese, and cookies. Ice cream, too, but I'm trying to cut back on that, a little. The Reese's were just... a treat

I bought some extra V-8 juice as well. Lately that's become a favorite post-workout drink. It's not the most refreshing, but I find it goes down well and seems to restore my energy.
Old 03-26-20, 07:23 AM  
suzannaerin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floren View Post

But the good news is that I got 2 prepper-sized bags of coffee from Costco before this all started, so I feel safe!
. You hoarder you! . You have to take joy and comfort in the small things, so enjoy!

I have been trying to solve the puzzle of obtaining greek yogurt. I think I might have cracked the code of getting my order in early enough to get delivery and possibly, the items I want. I'll find out tomorrow, when they are SUPPOSED to be delivered. I'm expecting them to be out of stock by then, so I'm managing my probable disappointment. If I can get any yogurt, I will have the culture I need to make my own batch (newly acquired yogurt maker and I wasted money on a greek yogurt maker, is basically a metal strainer with a bowl!).

I wonder when (if) people will calm down about this stuff? WE're in for the long haul with this crap.

My plan is after the first wave lets up, to join Costco and gradually obtain "must haves" before the next wave in the fall (which is what the experts are predicting).
suzannaerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-20, 07:49 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
Veggies, tortilla chips, yogurt, vodka, coffee, peanut m&ms........
Wow that's almost my exact list too I've been craving those peanut m&ms lately. I did tell DH not to buy anymore though. I went through 2 bags pretty quickly.
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-20, 08:02 AM  
Izzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
our library has amped up its online services. and they're answering "Ask a Librarian" questions too - i was trying to use their PressReader for the first time, and they gave me directions via email.

i use their free OverDrive and RB Digital. both have different offerings - OverDrive has lots of audio and pdf books. RBD is mostly magazines and fiction audiobooks.

Our library also pushed back the due date for books checked out to be 5/1/2020 and books on hold pick-up deadline is 5/14.
Also, if your library has Hoopla it has a large variety of e resources for children and adults. And the beauty is that there is unlimited check outs which means for newer or more popular materials you don't have to wait long for them. Vs Overdrive or RBDigital most libraries only have 2-3 copies because they are so expensive and if it is a popular item, there is a long wait. Check your Library's website/eresources page. I suspect they have added a lot of materials (as we have) due to this situation.
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-20, 12:47 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

I know this is crazy and totally non-essential, but I’m afraid Starbuck’s is going to close. Hubby and I walk every morning and then go to Starbucks. I think I’ve had a Skinny Latte every day for the last 3 years!

Our regular Starbucks already closed, as did the next closest one. Two nearby are still open. I’ve saved some lids so I can wash them and bring clean ones with us every day since the window person usually hands the cup out while holding the lid and, even if they don’t, someone had to put the lid on with their palm.

Dumb, I know. Plus, I have a Nespresso machine that I haven’t used in ages!
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-20, 12:51 PM  
Leonana

Trader Joe's dark chocolate Almonds. I went in last week, the shelves were bare, but they had the almonds! I got a little teary eyed, lol.

They are limiting now, so I was able to stock up this past week. I got a little teary eyed a second time when I saw the fully stocked freezer section. Boy, you don't know how good you have it until it's gone!
Old 03-26-20, 12:52 PM  
BunnyHop

Just thought I'd share a link to this video on how to save a bit of yeast dough to keep making bread dough, if anyone else is running short.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDbq5FqCppM

I've been watching their videos for a while and their stuff really is helpful.

Tags
coronavirus, covid-19