Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 03-27-20, 06:57 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on working at the WRC, stopping for groceries and walking Gus. I did get a lot done putzing around yesterday, with inside and out projects. I do have four orchids preparing to flower this spring - gives me some hope for the season! Outside, the scilla are starting to poke through the ground for their blooms - just a little gives me some hope for the future!

Laura, glad you were able to spend some time with your parents despite being at least 6 feet apart. I did get a call from the doctor's office and my next appointment when ready would be with the hip replacement surgeon - likely June? They did offer me another cortisone shot, but frankly I had more pain afterwards than before.

Dede, I think Mary was the bravest dealing with hair as she would just use the clipper on her head! I'm not there yet! Saturday will be a big rainy day here, but next week we'll be bordering on 60 and have sun! I've got my porch furniture uncovered for being able to sit outside a bit!

Paula, Hard to say whether people will become more self sufficient and not go out as much as a result of this virus or go out and celebrate more often when the virus passes. Lots of businesses are going through really hard times in the mean time...

Waves to all (from >6 foot distance!)!

Anita
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-20, 06:10 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

I'm jealous of the sun in other places. They keep telling that we're going to have sun and then it's gray most of the day. The sun comes out for a bit and then goes away.

I got one of the videos I filmed yesterday edited and it's in the process of being uploaded to YouTube. I need to make a to-do list so I get some of the "little" things done on my YouTube channel that could increase traffic.

I did 25 minutes of Dana Pierpoint's Exercise Your Options, the Band Interval workout. Then, DH and I went for a walk this afternoon.

Anita - Yeah, flowers blooming make it feel like the apocalypse isn't here. Orchinds are so beautiful! I hate it when the cure is worse than the disease, or, in this case, worse than the bad hip.

Paula - Yeah, I was thinking this morning that the world is going to have a lot more effective hand washers when this is over.

Dede - Yeah, pollen is the scourge of the spring season. We go out for walks and I come in coughing and blowing my nose. Then, I'm fine after a while.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-20, 08:04 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Pahla B. Chair Cardio/Strength followed by my PT routine. DH and I did take a nice walk through the neighborhood.

Anita, I hear you about business going through hard times. Every store I have a rewards card for sends me emails every day basically pleading for me to buy something. I'm not so worried about CVS or SteinMart, I'm more worried about the small mom and pop airport cafes. I really don't want to see these small businesses go under. I sincerely hope people are becoming more self sufficient, if this lasts through much of the summer we'll have to.

Laura, we've been having a little of everything, rain - sun - wind, not snow thank goodness. Good for you getting your videos edited. I suspect that's a big job. We didn't get much of anything done today.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-20, 08:28 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Today is going to be a heavily rainy day - I could take Gus for an early walk before it gets utterly wet out there. We're under Stay at Home rules here now - I'll be walking Gus in our neighborhood (at least today). I'm kind of curious how long I can make a tank of gas last in my car if I don't drive Gus to parks. We did have a annual school plant sale that generated a lot of funds for a local private school in May - it's been cancelled due to the virus . Otherwise planning on putzing around inside - might try washing windows on the inside at least (lots of dog spit at the ones Gus barks at ).

Laura - yay on getting some videos done! Do you wear the same clothes every time you video or does your outfit change with edits on different days? I was hoping to get my driveway replaced this spring, but don't know if they are in business with the virus - timing around hip replacement makes planning hard also - maybe it will be another year before I have the driveway done... Both projects get to be expensive also...

Paula, I'm getting lots of daily messages pleading for people to come in for takeout from our local restaurants - still haven't gone out for that. I'm hoping our circus owner gets some financial waivers for her business - everyone else that works there gets pocket change and have other jobs but that's her main income - space rent isn't cheap... I'm sure the little airport shops are also feeling the pain as people aren't flying much, even among the hobbyists.

Waves to all (from >6 foot distance!)!

Anita
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-20, 11:10 AM  
boakley
VF Supporter

Hi!Remember me? LOL We are under much the same lockdown/isolation rules as many of you are.DH is off work again as the business he was working in has a strict no contractors policy for now. DS is home as well. So all three of us have been around each other for 2 weeks now. Thankfully I'm still able to work from home and we are used to having to live with less income. Others are not having it so easy. One thing I'm having to get used to is sharing my gym/fitness room with not just DH, but now with DS too . All of us are still working out which is a good thing. I'm very hopeful that people will do what they are supposed to do and we can flatten the curve, but it is sunny and warmer today so we worry people will gather and we will all end up in a much stricter lockdown - we are allowed out, one person designated per household if they haven't traveled or been around anyone who has traveled, to get essentials. We can walk in our neighborhoods maintaining that 6ft distance. Most things are closed. Restaurants are allowed to do take out only. No gatherings of more than 5 people. All parks,beaches, most trails closed, etc. Crazy times. BUT, I am hopeful.

Good, healing, virus free vibes to you all!
Beth

PS - I'm swamped at work with ridiculous stuff, but at least I'm working!

Tom Petty
boakley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-20, 08:52 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was a new one on YouTube - Trifecta Pilates, Full Body I tried to follow that with some Yoga by Adriene but I had to guit early because DH seemed to have a relentless number of reasons he needed to interrupt me. Project for the day - baking, I made two loaves of banana bread and a pan of blondies.

Anita, if you're like us your gas will last a lot longer as will your cash. Not talking about credit card charges. Since we've been in isolation DH has managed to order stuff online at a greater rate than he usually does. Let me just say finding projects to do around the house is helpful, you don't want to watch or listen to the news too much, the people I know who are doing that are getting way stressed out. We haven't done take out from our favorite restaurants, we talk about it but we haven't done it. We have gone through a fast food drive through twice - mostly we're eating our own food.

Hi Beth, welcome back and welcome to isolation. Working out at home is definately a good way to pass the time. Hopefully, it's not too much togetherness for you. Your rules and ours are the same. We have gone to the boat a couple times, we practice social distancing, take our lunch and eat together on the boat. Between home and the boat we're keeping ourselves in projects.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote