Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 03-22-20, 08:21 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Crone Cronies - As an Introvert, I'm All About Social Distancing. March 22

The Cronies is a place for women who are mature in age or attitude. The group is highly diverse in that we have ages ranging from 30s to 60s, some are moms, some are single, some are teachers/professors, and some have jobs and work outside the home and some don’t. We do our own thing and are happy when life doesn’t get in the way too often. Some are training for a marathon, some don’t even do vids, you get the picture.

Life and exercise are what we report. A thread is started every Sunday. Some report every day, others whenever they can.

Bottom line: we are a diverse group and very supportive of each other’s goals. Oh, and we’re funny as heck. If you’d like to join us, just come on down.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-20, 08:25 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Quote is by Bubbles76 over in "the only thing we have to fear is fear itself" thread.

Today is my baby brother's 54th birthday. He's getting old! (I always have more problem with his age than mine... )

I hope everyone has a good day.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 03-22-20, 09:00 AM  
sciencelady

I'm still having problems posting... Tried resending yesterday's update several times.

Otherwise, i'm doing fine - staying home putzing around and walking Gus at the park.

Anita
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-20, 02:37 PM  
ddj
VF Supporter

Our state is up to 505 confirmed cases (371 yesterday). What is surprising to me is that the age group with the most cases is the 21-30 age group. I know people of all ages can get it, but it makes me wonder just where this epicenter is. Students coming back from Europe? One of our educational institutions?

Laura, I agree with Bubbles. I am an introvert who has no problem with social distancing. I've heard that it should be called physical distancing because we all need to socialize.

It was strange watching the church service this morning with no congregation. I wonder if it was also strange for the preacher. I know there are some who preach into cameras all the time, but ours isn't one of them. Then again, maybe it's better. He doesn't have to look into all the bored faces or count the number of people sleeping. Ah, I shouldn't be joking at a time like this.

Anita, that error code is frustrating. But I was unable to post at all when I dealt with it. I'm glad you can at least check in. My computer screen turned to static earlier. That's happened before. Not often, maybe three or four times. I think it was September the last time it happened. I don't know what causes it, but I have to turn the computer off and back on to get rid of it. This would be a bad time for my computer to quit on me.

Everyone have a good week and stay safe.
Old 03-22-20, 07:59 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Travis Eliot Yin Yoga for Healthy Hips (I love this one but it's long).

Thanks for the Birthday wishes.

I was having computer problems yesterday and was unable to check in.

Laura, thanks for getting us started. I know what you mean about your brothers age bothering you more than your own. I feel that way too. Although this birthday did bother me - 69 sounds so much closer to 70 than 68 did. I guess it beats the alernative.

Anita, I'm staying at home and putzing too. I intended to sew today but got sidetracked into cleaning the kitchen - it started small and snowballed. I now have the cleanest kitchen I've ever had.

Dede, last I heard we had 1040 corona virus cases in CA, with 19 deaths. I don't know the age break down. I read DH what you wrote about the age breakdown - he thinks possibly younger people are less careful about protecting themselves. Of course if we've talking college students living in a dorm they are all just living too close together to keep from spreading it. At least before the colleges closed.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-20, 07:01 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Hoping today's message will get through. Life's been pretty quiet for me - putzing around the house and giving Gus walks. Today I'll be working at the WRC, then putzing and walking . We got some snow last night but its only on the grass. I've got lots of bags of donations collected, but the places aren't open.

Dede, I've got a friend whose parent is housed wth someone that died of the virus in WI - she's worried. I'm glad the dorms have been dispersed here.

Paula, wonder if the computer problems are on our end or this forum...

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 03-23-20, 12:35 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

It has been a nicer day. I've been focusing on everyday stuff - laundry, cooking myself spaghetti carbonara, and exercise. I did the standing portion of Turbo Jam's 3T. This afternoon, I hope to get back into my blog/video stuff.

Anita - It's such a pain to type out of message and HOPE that it posts. I hope it clears up for you soon. I can understand why your friend is worried about their parent. I hope they don't come down with it.

Paula - Your comment about the cleanest kitchen cracked me up. Maybe now you can relax and sew!

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 03-23-20, 05:00 PM  
ddj
VF Supporter

I just finished my workout (I seem to work out later and later these days ). I did my customized upper body routine and Les Mills Body Combat Invincible #14. I maybe should have chosen a different one. This one killed my knees.

Anita, that is sad about your friend's parent. I heard that five students who did the spring break thing in Florida have tested positive for the virus. What have they done? I hope they stay away from their elders, although I hear it's beginning to hit young people pretty hard as well. I guess they aren't as invincible as they thought.

Paula, you can clean my kitchen anytime. I don't believe I've ever gotten sidetracked into cleaning anything.

We had rain all day. It rained pretty hard during parts of the day. We don't need any more of that!

Everyone have a good evening.
Old 03-23-20, 08:53 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Jessica Smith's Chair Cardio and Strength.

We went grocery shopping today was we were actually able to buy two 4 packs of TP and two bottles of rubbing alcohol - woohoo!

Anita, glad your message got through. My computer problems the other day were definately on my end. My computer was having a bad day, luckily it seems to have passed. I am sorry about your friend's parent - it is a scary situation.

Laura, I've been focusing on everyday stuff too. I keep searching for things I always intended to do but haven't. I have this hair tool that's a cross between a brush and a curling iron. I don't use it because I have no clue how. Since the hair salons are closed and my bangs are now at the annoying stage, I spent about an hour in the bathroom today trying to learn how to use the thing. I'm hoping I can curl my bangs so they don't hang in my eyes and don't look like I stuck a finger in the electrical socket. I may have to spend more time in the bathroom tomorrow working on it.

Deedee, it rained hard here last night and into the morning but the sun came out and we had a mostly nice day. Take it easy on your knees, don't make the dumb mistake I did and push until you hurt yourself. I'm thinking my hip may never be the same.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-20, 08:08 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on going in for my MRI this morning, then a pretty normal day of putzing and walking Gus - no circus tonight. I keep hoping it will eventually get warm enough to start doing stuff outside in the garden - not yet...

Laura, I've been getting the 500 error - unsure if it's on my end or this end... My friend's parent is in a nursing home - one of the residents died - I think they are screening the residents and workers and found 14 positives in there... My friend has been taking care of her parents in there, so hopefully less chance of virus.

Dede, nothing wrong with later workouts - I've been doing my PT exercises before bedtime. Avoid the one causing knee pain though!

Paula, want to stop by and clean my kitchen ? Geez it needs it! I'll probably be trimming my bangs in a week or so - they annoy me when they poke my eyeballs . Right now the first things like circus got closed for two weeks, but frankly, I think it will be more like 8 weeks.... My hip seems to have good days and bad days - never perfect, but some days I can walk with minimal limp and others I need to use the cane to walk. No idea what's going on...

Waves to all!

Anita