Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-22-20, 08:17 AM  
JBliff

Total Max Mixers - Week of March 22

Hi everyone. My workout yesterday was LITE Stacked Upper Body + Les Mills Invincible workout #1 + a 20-minute yoga practice for bone strength I found on YouTube.

Gibbee
- Have you tried the Les Mills Invincible workouts? Workout #1 was so fun but way too short! I plan on doing all the ones I can find.

Vannie - Glad to hear you're back home safe and sound.

Karjoy - Enjoy your short break. Very sad for Italy and now New York looks like they're getting hit hard too. Virginia now has 77 cases and a couple of deaths.

Waves to all.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-20, 11:26 AM  
Vantreesta

We were able to get almost everything on our grocery list. Tmrw I have to get dog food and run to Walmart.

There are two confirmed cases in our county. MN reported its first death from the virus a few days ago.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-20, 05:48 PM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

JB: Les Mills on demand is offering free workouts for a while:
https://watch.lesmillsondemand.com/f...pg7sybuJNyf_bo

or try:

https://watch.lesmillsondemand.com/free-content (not sure why the link above is soooo long)

I read on our gym's facebook page that this will be valid beyond the 14 day trial and no cc required. Our gym is also standing up some youtube videos... https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN2...5Qzxg/featured

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-20, 06:01 PM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

Vannie: We have had two deaths so far and are over 100 cases in the state. We are doing a tad better on food now that stores are limiting quantities to allow some of us who still work full time and can't shop during the day to scoop up leftovers off of the shelf. The hoarding has been off the charts. DH wanted mac and cheese and suddenly salad last week. I guess we ate the last of it a while back. I've been looking for over a week and finally landed 5 boxes of Kraft M&C and 3 boxes of best choice suddenly salad (don't tell DH it isn't the real thing!). We were also out of grits but I found a container, so DH is thrilled he can have them again with his blueberries. For us it's the crazy, simple stuff that we can't find. A friend of mine in KC said she can't find ground beef... I found ours at the local grocery store... they raise their own beef and pork, so I finally got some fresh stuff middle of last week when I went there over lunch. I hope you can get dog food. I finally bought 17 lbs of cat food last week when our kitty was in for a double ear infection and upper respiratory infection. Decided I probably shouldn't wait since they are now making you drop your pets off in the parking lot.

Cher: How are things up your way? What did you find out on the truck?

Karen: Enjoy your vacation time.

Check in: No workout yet today. Got off to a late start and then went to Mom's with coffee and some egg bites and hung out with her a bit. She's getting stir crazy. I told her I am glad she doesn't live in an apartment or assisted living... she'd be climbing the walls.

Waves!

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Old 03-22-20, 06:42 PM  
Vantreesta

Gibbee, mac & cheese has been plentiful in all the stores we've been in. And egg noodles. We were able to get a big bag of macaroni today, which made me happy. My go-to is garlic buttered macaroni so I ALWAYS have some on hand but ironically I ate the last of it when I got home from AZ! We had to go to a second store for chicken, Italian sausage and peas. The ground beef was low but had enough for is to get what we needed and still leave some. When we walked by the vet this afternoon I saw a note on the door so we walked up to read it. It said if you or your family has symptoms don't enter the building, we'll come out to get your pet. So i guess as long as we're symptom free we can go in. I have to call tmrw to get Cyric in for heartworm test and vaccinations.

I only walked once while up north and it was a short one so I think I should wait a week and get in good walks before I start running again. Tmrw is laundry and a bunch of housework after I do a few errands.

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 03-23-20, 08:53 AM  
JBliff

Hi all. My workout yesterday was a walk in town + Les Mills Invincible workouts 1 & 4 + deep hip stretching yoga from youtube.

Gibbee - Thanks for the links! I sent the Youtube link to my niece in Paris and it turns out she's been doing them too! She loves the workouts. We scored a pack of Annie's organic macaroni and cheese at Costco last week. I couldn't believe there were any left.

Vannie - Lots of places now ask that you don't come in if you have symptoms.

I heard from another niece yesterday and she is sick but in Paris they won't test you unless you are in really bad shape, so she is now self-quarantining. Ugh. In France you can't even go outside for runs or walks. That would definitely be so hard.

Waves to everyone. Have a good day.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-20, 06:55 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Hi guys. I think we are up to 8-10 cases in our county with 1-2 deaths but a lot of test results are just starting to come in. I know for a fact that one person had her test done 3-16-20 and was just reported today a week later.

Gibbee thanks for the Les Mills info! One of my friends is a certified Russian KB trainer and is doing a free online class Wednesday evening. Another friend is a certified personal trainer and she Is giving a class in her driveway with everyone 6-8 feet apart. And there is tons of free stuff online I see.

Glad everyone is finding some of their fav foods. That makes it bearable DH loves
thus carrot cake from Publix and has been able to get it in individual slices. Mac and cheese!!

3 of us ran 4 easy miles this am and will do 6 tomorrow. No more bigger group runs as it is too hard to stay apart.

Jbliff sorry about your nice in Paris.

I’m beat from more yard work. Night all, kareng
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-20, 05:45 AM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

JB: The only way I have found food is to shop during a super-early lunch time because everything's bought up before I get off of work. I am relieved a bit that most stores are limiting quantities. Now, that doesn't stop people from bringing 5 in and each of them buying TP or whatever, but it has put a minor slow down on food disappearing before those still working can buy anything.

Karen: Are you going to do you friend's kettlebell workout? Sounds awesome!

Cher: How's Joseph doing?

Vannie: Buttered noodles - YUM!

Check in: Lite Pyramid upper body yesterday (all) and today is rest day. DH has another eye appt and then we are seeing his foot doc. I think he has developed gangrene at the tip of one of his toes. I am so upset at this possible development. This doesn't bode well.

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Old 03-24-20, 07:45 AM  
Vantreesta

Gibbee, praying for your husband and for you. I'm sorry for all you guys were going through anyway, but this pandemic just adds to the uncertainty and fear. Hugs to you.

Old 03-25-20, 02:57 PM  
Vantreesta

MN just declared shelter in place March 27 through April 10. I'm glad our pantry is fully stocked, Cyric has food and I have vet and oil change appts set for tmrw.