Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-15-20, 10:43 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Sandra, I wouldn't mind staying in over the next few weeks! I kind of wish that everyone was just told to stay home for the next 2 weeks--but like for you, as long as I am going to work, things are going to be not only weird but stressful, since we have to figure out what services to provide and it's constantly changing.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-20, 02:45 AM  
Anny

Beth at the moment I am still teaching classes at university, with extra hygiene practices in place. Students have the option to stay home and use our online resources instead if they prefer. It will be interesting to see if my 8am class has any or many attendees tomorrow!

In my other job as a manager I am working from home and doing teleconferences. We will see how this plays out. It is interesting that you had people attending your yoga class, too, Beth.

Paine your daughter and family arrive on my birthday! You must be excited to have them close again soon.

Today I did Leslie - Walk Away the Pounds Express 3 miles.

Garrie are your classes still continuing!
Old 03-16-20, 08:21 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Anny, thanks for the continued updates; it is helpful to hear how other countries are managing.

I got emails from several of the area yoga studios last night saying that they are closing, at least for this week. Mine is still open...that could change.

I had the thought last night about filming some short restorative yoga videos to post on youtube. Not sure if I will have the time/energy to do this, but if I do, I'll let you all know.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 03-16-20, 02:35 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

This very rudimentary, but you can all now practice yoga from home with me.
https://youtu.be/rCL-ggi7ugE

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 03-16-20, 02:49 PM  
Anny

Beth thank you for the video! I have watched the beginning and will definitely try it tonight.

(By the way, your shirt is cute. )
Old 03-16-20, 02:51 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Thanks Anny! My shirt is from my studio, although I adapted it to make it a v-neck (Garrie probably could have done much better). I say in the video that it will be about 10m, but it wound up closer to 10m; I guess I had no idea. I will try to do a better job if I make more!

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 03-16-20, 05:14 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Beth's 20-Minute Breathing and Restorative Yoga Practice (Child's Pose)

Today most definitely life got in the way (as our Sandra says) and I didn't formally exercise this morning. Late this afternoon when I browsed our check-in, I noticed that Beth had posted her Restorative Yoga Practice so I did that. Beth, thank you so much for sharing that with us! It was relaxing and just what I needed. I'm interested in more of your practices if you are willing to post them.
Like Anny, I too like your shirt!

Beth, I'm doing my best to re-establish getting into a routine at home and I'm struggling with that a bit. I still have a hard time finding where I've put things so it takes me a lot longer to get things done and also do food prep in the kitchen.

Garrie, I completely understand your concern about your mom getting the coronavirus since she has COPD. I hope she stays well.

Sandra, I have a Target within walking distance from my house but it's up a steep hill that I don't like climbing up so I've only walked there once. I wish I had a Safeway close by that I could walk to!

Aww, Happy Birthday Anny on the 27th!
Yes, I'll be thrilled when our daughter and her family move here. I miss my sweet grandsons and can't wait to hold them both!
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-20, 05:32 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Paine, glad you found the video helpful! You all always said you wanted to go to one of my classes--well, you have corona to thank for that! (We have to laugh, right?) Also, you have a GREAT excuse for taking longer to re-establish routines!

Actually, I felt better filming that than I did trying to do my own yoga. I will try to do more.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 03-16-20, 07:02 PM  
JustSandra

Happy Monday!

No workout today -- not only is it my usual day off, but word finally came down early this afternoon that our library is closing starting tomorrow due to the corona virus. A reopening date is still to be determined. I completely expected this, yet now that it has actually happened it feels sooooo weird! Am making a "to do" list of ways I can constructively use my time around the house. Will definitely get organized as far as workouts, and I figure it is also safe to take long outside walks (once the rain moves on!).

Beth: I'm excited to try your YouTube routine! My niece told me several of the yoga studios where she teaches have closed for now. One is going to try to stay open, but will limit the number of students in each class.

Waving to all -- please take care!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-20, 08:38 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Popping in to say hello to my mat maven friends! I’ve missed you and I do lurk occasionally.

Beth - I did your youtube practice today & it was lovely, please keep them coming!

Paine - Congrats on your move to sunny California!

Waving to Sandra, Garrie, & all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote