Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-08-20, 06:06 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workout was

Jessica Smith - Gentle Yoga for Back Pain: Practice #1 - 30 minutes

I've decided this is probably my favorite of Jessica's 30 minute yoga practices. I really like it! Very relaxing and stretchy.

Christine - Nice stretch for today!

Donna - I know what you mean about Ellen. I may substitute that new 45 minute workout for the Jessica walk I have scheduled for Tuesday.

Waves ~

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-20, 08:51 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday DD and I walked in the afternoon - so that was good!

Today was Ellen's Dynamic Cardio. It was a longer workout, but pretty moderate. My only critique was there was a lot of repetition. Ellen does tend to do a lot of repetition and taking it from the top when she does cardio based workouts so it shouldn't surprise me. There were three combos repeated several times. She could have probably added a combo or two and done less repetition especially since the choreography was not tricky. Still, I'm glad I did this one and felt good afterwards. I wasn't sure if I could manage a 45 min workout on the first day back to work after daylight savings time, but I did! LOL!

It is supposed to be nice today so I will get out to walk at lunch. I have to stock up on hand lotion - all this hand washing and sanitizing is stripping my hands!!! From what I understand the shelves are empty of hand sanitizer around here!

We do have some COVID-19 cases here that are close by.

Hope everyone has a good day!!!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-20, 08:55 AM  
cherimac

PN Pilates for Hands and Heart

Gotta run!
Old 03-09-20, 09:20 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Checking in with:

GHUTV Gold Walking Shape Up with Resistance Bands - 45min
TBL Challenge Day 1 Core - 20min

I sure feel robbed of 1 hour this morning because of DST. I woke up late and I hate it as much as I've always done but this is the last time for us. Illinois Senate passed the bill to finally put an end to it and leave the State on the permanent DST. Of course, now that I'm semi-retired it's not as painful to me right now as it's been in the past but still it's a nuisance.

Happy Monday to all!
Old 03-09-20, 10:33 AM  
fanofladyvols

Dana I agree, DST is a nuisance. it really shouldn't be pitch black at 7:30AM. Not enough coffee.

Today was CS Full body Toning #1018; Cathe Body Max 2 Cardioblast premix. It wasn't easy but I really enjoyed it with my own mods (platform only, elim turns, no jumping from floor to board with both feet...that's just plain no bueno). CS was my local PBS offering and it wasn't bad... good start to the day

Carol Jessica has some stretch routines that are just perfect I think. The problem I have is all the titles start to run together and even though I make notes ..I gotta flip thru all the cases to figure out which is the one I'm hunting. Sneaky is good in a workout... hopefully it kept an fun factor. If they sneak in too much hard stuff i lose the fun. If I go in knowing it's hard then I'm fine.

Christine I never tried any of these Cathe workouts back in the day because I really didn't know how to modify. It took all these years for me to build enough knowledge...and courage, lol, to attempt these. For some reason I thought if you could not do as demonstrated that you weren't really doing the workout. Now I know that's just phooey!

Happy Monday Cheri, and Brenda!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-20, 03:24 PM  
furmomof6

Walk
Shaped by Faith: Pilates Mat, Abs only

I started Robin's challenge but couldn't get into it. I have a muscle strain in my outer thigh so I'm avoiding any outer thigh leg work for now. I was lucky I could go for my walk, it was pretty painful yesterday.

Linda, me too! I used to be that way. Glad we both know better now!

Dana, I really dislike the time change too. I've been horribly tired all day. That probably sounds dramatic, but it's true! You're lucky this will be your last year with it.

Donna, I hope you got out for your walk today, it's beautiful out there! I've been using hand lotion like crazy now too. My hands also get super dry from all the washing.

Carol, I love anything relaxing and stetchy!

Hi, Cheri!

Brenda, hope you are feeling better!

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-20, 03:35 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by furmomof6 View Post
I started Robin's challenge but couldn't get into it. I have a muscle strain in my outer thigh so I'm avoiding any outer thigh leg work for now. I was lucky I could go for my walk, it was pretty painful yesterday.
Christine, I started Robin's challenge too and although I finished Day 1 Core, I couldn't get into it either - but for different reasons. I found it slow moving and boring with too much instructions and not enough of core moves to make it worth my time. Robin's instructions are great for a novice - but I'm not a novice. I'm going back to Emma and ePilates tomorrow.
Old 03-09-20, 04:00 PM  
donnamp

I haven't had a chance to do Robin's yet today - not sure if I will get to it or not! but, I figure I'll do a few of them if I can and if not, I'll catch it next time.

I also hate the changing of the clocks - I say pick a time and stick with it!

And, my hand, oh my hands! I have a big vat of Cerave on my desk for my hands.

Waves,

Donna
Old 03-09-20, 05:44 PM  
furmomof6

Dana, I felt the same way! It was boring to me too, and slow moving.

Donna, I've been using Lubriderm. My poor hands too, they're starting to crack and burn, and turn red. Perhaps I'm washing too much??

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-20, 05:58 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning was Jessica Valent - Towel Workout. In this one she uses a towel both as a strap and as a glider. It was an interesting workout - but it doesn't work great on my surface - carpet in my workout room w/ ceramic tile underneath - so being on the tile to slide is too hard/cold but on the carpet it doesn't slide. I modified doing things w/out the "glide" While I like Jessica, I'm finding that many of her workouts are just too fussy for me right now - this one w/ the gliding/sliding and the one I did a few weeks ago w/ the wall. I suppose if I had a different space configuration it would work, but for now it feels too fussy and complicated.

I will do her push-up challenge this evening - it is only 9 minutes....I didn't have time this morning.

Yesterday I did take a walk at work to buy hand lotion. No hand sanitizer or Clorox wipes around here for miles!!

Hope everyone has a good Tuesday!!

Donna