Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-06-20, 09:58 AM  
cherimac

PN Restore and Relax. Which is much tougher than it sounds.

My husband heard on the radio that there’s a confirmed case of Coronavirus in our town. We will see.
Old 03-06-20, 12:26 PM  
furmomof6

Hello,

Walk
Faithful Workouts: Power Flow & Strength, Courage

I really liked that one! It's 44 minutes so I told myself I would stop at 20, but the time flew by and before I knew it, it was 30 minutes and Michelle went into mostly stretching for the rest, so I stuck it out.

Carol, my husband said the same thing about that swine flu. It's insane! Hopefully you will get some level headed information today. Your workout plan sounds good!

Cheri, there's nothing in my town yet, but there are cases very close by in NY starting to pop up.

Dana, I was thinking it might just be on the days you work.

Waves!

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-20, 10:43 PM  
fanofladyvols

Carol love your reviews of WS3. I have that set and have never done it. I am putting a sticky bc that workout sounds like a great one to alternate with strength. She has another walking workout i like Power walk that's 20 min on a DVD Walking for weight loss or something. Anyway I enjoy that one because you can modify up or down as necessary during the workout based on your energy level because of the clearly demonstrated modifications. Love that about her. Hate having to guess doing that during the workout. I tend to stumble.

Carol, yes, Cardio Fusion is the one that has three different workouts on it. It's fun I think because just when you get ready to move on to something else, it does. I do it with only the step platform, no risers.

Christine yes the yoga was nice! The flow had half Moon pose which although challenging was perfectly placed during the practice. This instructor Ted is also great. He has a very warm manner. I still adore Vytas, of course! But I will return to both of them often. This is such a great set.

Dana if that was the only time I had to workout I woul never get it done, lol.

Today was Pure strength legs and abs; Xtrain 100 hip thrust reps; Tamilee TBS seated stretch.

Happy Saturday all!!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-20, 08:15 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday was a busy day so I didn't get a chance to check in:

Friday:

Leslie Heart Healthy 1 Mile walk (You Tube) - it looks like this one is pretty new - released this February.

Jessica Valent - Pilates for Legs

Saturday:

Jessica Smith - Stride & Step (You Tube)
Jessica Valent - Renew & Restore

I was thinking about doing Jessica Smith's spring challenge, but i think I will stick w/ my Jessica Valent plan - I paid for her subscription through mid-April, so I would feel bad not using it. Maybe I'll do Spring Ahead when my subscription runs out!

Christine - way to go on a longer workout. I will have to check that one out. Maybe for tomorrow?

Sorry to be so behind - on personals - we have several cases of coronoavirus not far from me...

Hope everyone has a good Saturday!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-20, 08:58 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Done early in the morning in order to avoid potential "freezing" during streaming:

Emma's Favorite - Band Workout 2 - 45min.
GHUTV Gold Beginners Interval Walk - 30min.

Both workouts were fantastic and I feel great! No freezing/buffering.

Low 50's and sunny here today. I think I'll go out and play outside!

Happy Saturday everyone!
Old 03-07-20, 09:44 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Friday's workouts were

Pilates Nest - Lower Body Love - 17 minutes & Abs & Arms - 14 minutes

I enjoyed both of these, although I modified a bit on the last one. Lots of hand and wrist intensive stuff there at the end.

Coronavirus update from our Public Health folks - it is coming, not if, but when. Wash your hands, don't touch your face - they couldn't say that enough. Don't panic - with most folks it isn't life-threatening - more like a worse than normal case of the flu. Our teachers stress and teach hand washing etc., but the itty bittys don't always (or even often) do it. I originally thought it would not be here under after spring break, which starts on the 13th, but I'm not so sure now.

Dana - good job with getting your workouts in early. Buffering is so frustrating!

Donna - Nice workout choices! I noticed the coronavirus cases close to you.

Linda - thanks for the reviews of the yoga set. I've been tempted by it from time to time, but chatturangas and I are not on friendly terms. Yes, Jessica's WS3 set is one I've had since it came out, but I've never done all the workouts in it. It's intimidated me for some reason. If I continue doing Jessica's Spring Ahead challenge on alternate days, I'm going to try to chose WS3 workouts where available so I can get through the entire set.

Christine - Don't you love it when the time flies by in a workout?!!

Cheri - Yes, Restore and Relax is deceptive advertising.

Brenda - Waves!

Happy weekend ~

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-20, 10:32 AM  
fanofladyvols

Carol I don't know your limitattions, of course, but in the vinyasas whenever there is a chaturanga they offer modifications of holding plank and then either drop knees and drop chest...OR hold plank and transition straight to downward dog.

I personally never do cobra and do a scaled down version of up dog that somebody here on VF told me about. It works great for me and I am able to stay in the same rhythm in the vinyasa.

I think every workout should be offered with some healthy mods. I really don't understand the ones where there are background exercisers but no one offers mods? All the same? This is a big hang up I have with Cathe workouts.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-20, 02:35 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Saturday's workouts were

Jessica Smith - Walk On Get Strong!: Stepping Strength - 45 minutes;
Yoga Boost - Sharpen - 20 minutes

Jessica's workout was sneaky - she buried some cardio intervals in that strength workout. The yoga practice is designed for folks who don't normally do yoga or who are inflexible. Hmm, that would be me. No woowoo factor at all.

Linda - I'm like you, I don't understand not offering modifications. It seems awfully short-sighted to me. I would assume Cathe is just trying to prove that her workouts are the most challenging, but hello, your audience is getting older.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-20, 03:13 PM  
furmomof6

Walk
Faithful Workouts: Stretching with the Hymns

I'm pretty sore from yesterday's workout! That was a sneaky one because it wasn't intense, but I guess it was the length.

Donna, let me know how you like it if you try it.

Dana, enjoy your beautiful day!

Carol, thanks for the update! I did love that the time flew by, that hasn't happened in a while.

Linda, I'm glad you're enjoying the set! I agree about modifications too. I remember Cathe's workouts being quite advanced for me when I tried them several years ago. I guess I know enough now to do my own modifications, but not everyone does, or some feel they have to keep up.

Cheri, be safe!

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-20, 09:06 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning was Ellen's Total Body Tune Up - a winner!

Whenever I do Ellen's workouts I think that is all I want to do plus maybe a little cardio...some Pilates or Yoga.

Ellen's new workout for the month is up - Dynamic Cardio - I may try to do it tomorrow morning if I can get up early enough for a 45 min workout - not sure w/ daylight savings time.

Carol - that is good advice about the virus. I am almost positive I had H1N1 in 2009 - I had a really bad case of the flu right around the time of the outbreak. It was nasty but not worth hoarding supplies over!

Hope everyone has a good day - will probably walk w/ my DD since the weather is nice.

Waves,

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote