Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 03-04-20, 12:24 PM  
furmomof6

Hello,

Walk (tonight with DH & the dog)
Faithful Workouts: Slower Paced Pazaz (15 min)
Faithful Workouts: Core Flow (11 min)

Random question, are your home towns all out of hand sanitzer everywhere too?? Believe me, I am not overly concerned about the corona virus, but it would be nice to have one little bottle, even for colds & flu - but nope! Everyone went crazy and it's all gone from every supermarket, Walmart, Target, gas station, drug store, etc.

Donna, I'm missing Michelle's flow workouts. I may do those again even when they're not on the calendar. I liked the core one today I added on.

Brenda, I hope you feel better soon! My DH doesn't really notice things either.

Linda, me too! He said it really makes him feel better. He mostly sits all day at work, so it's good for him. LOL about your cat - mine too!

Carol, thanks. Your combo sounded nice today too. I wouldn't like that rolling like a ball to standing either.

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-20, 07:25 PM  
cherimac

PN Joint Gentle Classical Pilates

Christine-I have heard the hand sanitizer is all out here.
Old 03-05-20, 06:54 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Wednesday's workouts were

Ellen Barrett - Sleek Sculpt Express - 30 minutes;
Pilates Nest - Gentle Neck Friendly Pilates - 16 minutes

I found Sleek Sculpt Express tough, but fun. I'm not sure I've done that one before, but I probably have.

Christine - Yes, I understand that many places are out of things like masks, gloves, hand santizers, toilet paper, especially on the west coast. Part of my job includes risk management for the school, so I've spent a fair amount of time the last two weeks reading articles and watching webinars about the virus and preparedness for independent schools. I think there is so much unknown right now about the virus, and with the media is ginning up anxiety in the population - folks are scared.

Waves to all ~

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-20, 08:11 AM  
fanofladyvols

It never occurred to me people would buy up the sanitizer...wow. Clear heads need to prevail.

Yesterday was Cathe Cardio Fusion.
ETA: Today was Pure strength back and chest; back work with band in LIC; Xtrain 100 lat raise rep challenge; Yoga retreat week 3 Flow
Hope everyone has a great Friday.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.

Last edited by fanofladyvols; 03-05-20 at 04:29 PM. Reason: Forgot to add today
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-20, 08:55 AM  
cherimac

PN Plates Strong Arms with Weights
Old 03-05-20, 08:56 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today was a lazy day so far - I did:

Jessica Smith - Fusion Fix - 20 min practice.

Yesterday DD and I took a walk after her eye appointment, so at least I got some extra steps in.

I'm considering doing Jessica Smith's Spring Ahead challenge, at my own pace. I'll mull it over a bit more. I feel that if I don't have more structure, I fritter away too much time figuring out what to do - yet, I also rebel against structure, so go figure!

I haven't specifically looked for hand sanitizer, but I understand that people are stock piling all sorts of stuff right now. And, we the media hype it really is hard to know how worried we should be vs. how worried they would like us to be.

Hope everyone has a good day!!!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-20, 09:26 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

GHUTV Power Walking Core Connection - 30min. Some awkward moves here that I either modified or changed but overall a decent workout. No overkill.

ePilates Core/Abs - 6 min
ePilates Legs - 6 min
ePilates Waist & Inner Thighs - 7 min

Tomorrow Power Walking calendar calls for Lower Body HIIT. I previewed it and I think I'll do something else instead. LB HIIT looks very knee intensive and while I have no problems with my knees, I want to keep them that way. I think I may pick something from Cathe's ICE or LITE set. I'm just as likely to pick Leslie though, since who knows if I'll feel like doing Cathe at 5am.

We were at Walmart couple of days ago and there was a good supply of hand sanitizers. My dh got some but not necessarily because of the coronavirus, but because that's something we always buy. We've always been wiping fiends.

Waves to all!
Old 03-05-20, 06:21 PM  
furmomof6

I went for two walks today! Once in the morning, and then a longer one when DH got home from work.

Dana, I didn't realize you worked out that early!

Donna, Glad you got out to walk too! It has been nice the past few days.

Cheri, is that a shorter workout, or a 30 minute one?

Linda, I bet the yoga workout was a nice finish to your weight work!

Carol, the age of constant world-wide information we live in is not always a good thing! I know it's good to be prepared, and as you said there's unknowns, but I definitely believe the media is creating all the fear.

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-20, 06:36 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by furmomof6 View Post
Dana, I didn't realize you worked out that early!
Hi Christine!
Only on the days I have to go to the office and tomorrow is the day. On the days I'm off, I usually start to work out by 6-6:30 and after I have my coffee. If I don't start by then, I get distracted and it doesn't get done. I can't exercise later in the day. No reason. Just can't.
Old 03-06-20, 07:18 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Thursday's workout was

Jessica Smith - Walk Strong 3: Cardio Step Jam - 30 minutes

Not sure if I've ever done this one or not. I used my high step topper with no risers for most of the workout. Towards the end I didn't use the step much because I was tired and didn't want to stumble. I like that Jessica's step workouts also use the floor as well as the step and that Debbie modifies using the floor only. Nice scenery and music - a very pleasant, but sweaty, workout.

Donna's comment about possibly doing Jessica's March rotation but at her own pace got me thinking that I would try the same thing for a while. With Ellen I do have this constant feeling of needing to do more, especially since my job is pretty desk-bound. We'll see how I do - I'm thinking of doing the rotation 3 days a week with pilates and walking on the other days.

Dana - Funny how we are all different! I just can't exercise in the morning - too stiff, etc., plus exercising in the evening after work helps me to decompress from work.

Christine - I know - it's interesting about the media. I don't remember this level of panic about the Swine flu in 2009. Why is this time/virus different?

Donna - Glad you had a relaxing day! I need to get brave enough to try the Fusion Fix DVD. I don't even think I've taken it out of the shrink wrap, but I bought it because I wanted to support Jessica. I remember thinking the previews looked like the yoga was harder than her other yoga DVDs.

Cheri - Nice job! I like that weighted arm workout from Smriti a lot.

Linda - Is Cathe's Cardio Fusion DVD the one that uses segments of other cardio workouts?

Waves to Brenda!

I'm off to our City's Public Health Department briefing on Coronavirus this morning. What a great way to start my morning!

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote