Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-06-20, 03:58 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Pat: I'm so sorry for your loss. Seems like a lot of my friends are losing people. I found out my best friend in high school died, one friend's mom died, another's son died. HUGS to you!
I am taking a few precautions here in MN. No cases reported yet but I stocked up on natural supplements for boosting immunity, a few disinfecting cleaning products. But I refuse to panic. Just have to be careful.

Pam: Healing prayers for your toe!

Today I did a lovely long practice from Monica Shao on Power Yoga called Detoxify. There are those twists again. I like her style.

Hey get this! Hey, I'm going to run a race. https://runsignup.com/Race/MN/Paynes...Paynesville400

My stepdaughter talked me into it and I'm going to do the Extreme race course. Mostly all uphill. I've got until June to prepare. I haven't run any kind of race since high school when I ran Cross Country. But it's only 400 meters/quarter mile. I'll just start really working my legs, up the cardio and practice running up some local hills. I even have a steep slope in my back yard. I'm actually kind of excited. It's all for charity although I do get a t-shirt.

Happy Friday!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-20, 04:18 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Hello yoginis!

Today’s offerings:
~ETV: Meg’s AM workout - had to modify a bit as the lunge sequence that requires lifting my right heel & putting weight on the ball of my right foot isn’t happening.
~ETV: Gail’s Express Waist Toning
~75 min of delicious yin poses on my own....forward bends, hip openers, side bends, twists, chest openers....

Kate - Good luck with your training, I know you’ll ace the race!

I am also being cautious, there are cases in Vancouver but none that I know of here on the island. Lots of hand washing & I have hand sanitizer. I love this natural antimicrobial hand cream made by a Vancouver company, my hands get very dry quite easily. I think they’ve sold out of it.
https://www.saje.com/ca/product/safe...-SAHACA02.html

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-20, 10:17 PM  
cyana

TGIF!!! I am SO happy the week-end is here. And, as if on cue, the last chunk of scab popped off my finger this morning (I swear, it was like having a barnacle), so I'm now at a point where I will be able to do any kind of work-out - finally!! It's still tender, but I'm so happy to be where I am, as it was a long journey (5 weeks this Sunday, believe it or not) and I don't like being sick or injured - too impatient for that stuff.

Pat - So sorry about your nephew. But that's good news about your niece and being able to teach in one of those wonderful old theaters - love those! I believe people need to think about the coronavirus (not obsess) and take appropriate precautions - kind of like Goldilocks - trying to find the "just right" approach. Sort of like me and Y2K - I didn't think the world was going to come to a halt, but I thought there could be a few electronics glitches here and there, so I filled up the car with gas, got some extra cash from the ATM, made sure I had plenty of T.P. (I was NOT a hoarder!!!) and batteries for the flashlights, and some extra food that didn't require refrigeration. A friend sent me a link to this MD's blog and I think it's worthy of sharing: https://www.julianagrant.com/blog/2020/2/29/coronavirus . I've stocked up on non-perishable foods, food and litter for the cat, but still need some laundry detergent - but haven't bought any T.P. yet, LOL!! The good news - we shop at Costco and pick up one of those industrial-sized packs of T.P. regularly, so we have an opened pack. I think it is reasonable to shop early in the day (right when the stores open) and try to limit your exposure to crowds. I'm trying to make up funny jingles for when I wash my hands (all 3 million times a day). It will be hard not to hug all my buddies at the farmer's market. I would listen to Dr. Anthony Fauci from the NIH, as he's a true expert. Hopefully they won't muzzle him as I think it's important people hear facts - like last Saturday's news conference from King County/Seattle after the first death was confirmed. It was factual, professional and they told the public their plan of action. People are hungry for that type of information. I agree that Tias is good medicine.

Pam - Oh no on the toe fracture!! I will avoid airports and flying for now, preferring to err on the side of caution. I admit to being worried about people who are supposed to be in self-quarantine, as there have already been several reports where people knowingly left home to attend events, so now they've exposed hundreds or possibly thousands of people (I think I read where one went to a concert ). I also read a piece earlier this week by an ER MD who said he fully expects to contract coronavirus within the next several months, but he was very matter of fact about it.

Kate - I love twists. Some years back I went to a Yoga Journal conference where Seane Corne did this practice designed to promote movement of food through the GI tract - talk about super twisty. She swore you'd have the best poop of your life - fortunately there didn't appear to be a mad rush for the bathroom after her class wrapped up!! I find Lizard to be a very humbling pose and one that I should do more often. That's really cool about the race - you'll have to keep us posted on your training. I live in a good hilly neighborhood, so I can plan my walks to be hilly with huffing and puffing or flatter, as needed. I've stocked up on some supplements, as well, and have made some elderberry syrup.

Sherry - I'm really, really hoping that being able to work out at a higher level will help my sleep as it has been the pits recently. I rarely ever have problems falling asleep and I've had that several times recently. Usually I have the wake up between 2 and 3 and fall back asleep when it's almost time to be getting up. While I was putting my non-perishables away last night, I realized I have far too many cans of organic canned pumpkin - I need to find some recipes to get that used up.

So is everyone ready for the time change this week-end? I have mixed feelings about it. I'm a morning person (at least when I've had a reasonably decent night's sleep!), but not looking forward to that first week. I am, however, loving the thought of the extra light in the evenings. Pam - do you observe daylight saving time?

Hope all is well with Margot and Jackie.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-20, 02:20 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Hello everyone!

Today’s offerings:
~ETV: CS 1303 Standing Core - This was okay, all standing, nothing special.
~YT: Jessica’s 20 min Beach Body Pilates - this was kinda meh, very classical Pilates & I prefer more Pilates inspired fusion-y. It was older, from 2012, voice over instruction
~MFML: Slow it Down Hatha

Cyana - I love twisty practices & I’m chuckling about Sean Corne’s “best poop of your life” practice. Lizard pose is a fave of mine, I’m a hip opener junkie, lol. It is rather infuriating to hear of people skipping the self quarantine & knowingly going out to crowded places. One of my biggest pet peeves is people who don’t stay home when they’re sick. My toe is improving, I’m trying not to walk too much these days. There are a few workout moves I need to modify.

Waves to all!

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Old 03-08-20, 09:19 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning all. Thank you everyone for your support. We had a nice family day for a change yesterday - we went to see my niece give a presentation on the myths and legends of St. Patrick at the library. I think we all feel refreshed from it. I also did one of the Winsor Sculpting Circle workouts.

Pam, I hear you! I've seen stories where people were told to self quarantine and then went to public events. Sending love to your toe.

Hurray Cyana on the Sloughing of the Scab! Ouch that took a long time. Thank you for the Dr. Grant link. It was a sobering read, particularly the global recession part. My gut feeling is that it's going to be okay - and that I should get back to my Reiki practice.

Kate, I am sorry to learn you have lost loved ones recently, too. How exciting about your race! It sounds like you have a good training program set up. It will be fun to cheer you on.

Good morning to Sherry and anyone who joins us today.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-20, 02:10 PM  
sherry7899

Hi,

I have not checked in since Thursday:

Friday workout:

Soul Sweat with Chantal from May 2015- I did 67 minutes of a 74 minute class. I skipped some of the "dance around the room" sections

Saturday- Rest day

Sunday:
Soul Sweat With Chantal (love her classes) August 2015 71 minutes. I made it through the whole thing !

Yoga Upload-Yoga for Balance and Focus-doing balance yoga after long cardio is not the smartest choice, but I need to work on balance

Pat-I am a little freaked out over the virus since someone in my county was diagnosed with it yesterday. There are four hospitals in my area (one five minutes from my house) and the person is in the hospital that is 45 minutes away.

Friends of ours are flying to Florida this week to visit a relative-fingers crossed for them! One of them has a compromised immune system and so does the person they are visiting, so we are worried about them all.

Since my DH and I both grew up in homes that constantly ran out of EVERYTHING we stock extras of of almost everything. I will need to stock back up fruits/vegetables later this week, and milk, but I think otherwise we will not need anything. We buy soap, toilet paper, bottled water and paper towels in bulk. We are stocked up on cat food and litter also.

Pat again-your niece's presentation sounds lovely!

Cyana, I am so sorry about the crappy sleep. I can totally relate. I fell asleep easily last night. I woke up at six am the new time, but to my body that is 5 am. Sigh..I did a long workout, so that gave me energy.

I have a recipe for pumpkin pudding in one of my recipes binders. If I can find it, I will post it. I remember really liking it. I think I made it in my Blendtec blender. I have used it in steel cut oatmeal recipes and muffins, but those only use up parts of a can.

Kate, yes, sometimes if I have awful sleep but really push myself, doing a workout does make me feel better. Yesterday I had to force myself to take a rest day because I'd exercised six days straight, and my neck/shoulders/back does not like that. I was really low energy all day and barely got in any steps. Oh, well.

I am so sorry for your losses <3

Pam-how is your foot feeling? Hugs!!

We are trying to get estimates to get a new roof. It is very frustrating. The person we have used for other repairs was supposed to come over Thursday to do an estimate. He never showed up or called. Another person was supposed to call today to schedule, and we have not heard from him yet, and it's already 3pm. Sigh...

I may check back later.

Have a great day!
Sherry

Eta: the person hospitalized in my county tested negative.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-20, 08:23 PM  
cyana

Today:
FitPrime Lean - Keli Roberts. I must admit, the almost five weeks on reduced work-outs definitely impacted my strength. Must lift more weights now that the barnacle is off my finger!!
MFML - Chanting: Get to the Heart of Yoga - Naomi Absolom. This was a lovely chant - Shri Krishna Govinda Hare Murari, Hey Nath Narayana Vasudevaa (I noticed each reference I checked has this translated slightly differently, so if you look it up, the spellings may be somewhat different). Not sure what it is with chanting, but the cat will always come and get in my face like he's trying to understand the words.
I was going to do another practice, but realized it was an hour later because the clock in the bedroom was the one clock I hadn't moved up and it was time to throw some dinner together - oops!

Sherry - I feel your pain on getting someone lined up for your roof replacement. We need to have some exterior wood and steps replaced and it was amazing at the responses we got the end of the summer when we started trying to locate someone - one guy said he wasn't taking any new jobs until the weather cooled off, some just never responded at all. One guy came out and did a nice detailed estimate and said it would be about three weeks after DH told him we'd like to proceed with the work. Never heard a peep. The work still needs to be done. Sigh. I've signed up to do a class series on MFML called Sleep Recovery. Keeping my fingers crossed I'll learn some new tools.

Pat - I would've enjoyed listening to your niece's talk. I definitely need to tear myself away from the news and get out into some fresh air and listen to some healing meditations - time to listen to those singing bowls!

Pam - I'm glad to hear positive news on the toe front. Seane was quite humorous in the build up to the infamous Poop Practice. I fear the lack of self-quarantine is going to be an issue, but I'm not the public health police. Unfortunately, many companies have sick leave policies that are seriously lacking or people have no sick leave period and feel compelled to go to work when they're sick. And then you have the ones who feel like it's OK to sneak out.

Hope everyone's week gets off to a good start!

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-20, 09:35 PM  
sherry7899

Cyana,

I can't seem to find the pumpkin pudding recipe, but I will look again tomorrow.
I have recipes for pumpkin pie dip, pumpkin butter, pumpkin cookie dough dip (have not tried this one), pumpkin chili and pumpkin hummus:

https://www.skinnytaste.com/pumpkin-pie-dip/

https://www.skinnytaste.com/pumpkin-butter/

https://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/20...kie-dough-dip/

http://www.peanutbutterandpeppers.co...in-pie-hummus/

https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/...-turkey-chili/ (I use ground turkey)

Oh, I think this is the pudding recipe I used. I never had pink salt, so I just used regular sea salt:
https://healthyhappylife.com/2-minut...ng-in-vitamix/

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-20, 12:14 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Hello yoginis!

Today’s workouts:
~Ellen Barrett Streaming: Dance Party - This was led by Heather Favretto. It had potential, but the music was lacking and her cuing wasn’t great. I decided to do a month of Ellen for variety and something low key.
~YT: Jessica Smith 30 min Pilates Total Body - Really liked this one, she uses a resistance band & covers all the bases.
~My own long stretchy yin

I’ve put in a big grocery order for pick up on our way back to the house tomorrow. I think we will hunker down for a bit. I love that service, pull up, call, they bring out your order. Grocery shopping is not one of my favorite pastimes.

Cyana - I notice my strength has decreased too with low key workouts lately. One thing I keep meaning to ask you is your thoughts on the MFML search feature. I find it frustrating and lacking in options & filters. I even emailed them about it. Often when I search, I’m lucky to get more than three or four results. I must check out more of the chants. I did one not long ago with Andrea K and quite enjoyed it.

Sherry - Good luck with your roof. It’s very annoying when people don’t show up without letting you know.

Pat - I’m so glad you had a good day with your family!
My toe is better & definitely feeling your love!

Waves to all!

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

Old 03-09-20, 08:23 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning everyone. And happy Moan Day. Yesterday featured:

~ Walk at osprey trial
~ Half mile at community track
~ GYM for a quick blast of the majors and some recumbent bike

I started incorporating green smoothies into my diet again. I had gotten into the habit of making a big complicated affair and told myself, if you just put almond milk, a kale leaf and a celery stalk in the Vitamix, it's all good. I got some fresh ginger and turmeric roots at the co-op to add a chunk here and there. I think it's helping the old energy level.

Tomorrow is the big day (cataract surgery)!!! I started the regimen of eye drops yesterday and cleaned my jumbo Stevie Wonder sunglasses for afterward.

I'll catch up soon -
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote