Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 03-24-20, 02:50 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Dang Pat! So sorry to hear hubby got laid off too. I hope it's very brief.

I hope this whole darned thing is brief. It tests me to my core to try and remain strong and positive. Yesterday was probably just a much needed meltdown. I do feel much better. Still a bit worried but I got many things take care of financially so feeling ok.

I am still meditating every day even though some of my sits have been short. But hanging in there.

Yesterday's Yoga was from Gaia and revisiting Troy Hadeed who I love! Just a half hour class called Changing Perspective which included some inversions. Some I modified (head and handstand) but stayed in Shoulderstand a long time which I LOVE!

Today I did Twists and Shout by Monica Shao on Power Yoga. Mellow, slow, twisty (again).

Much love, Metta and best wishes for you ALL! Thank you all for your kind words. Lets hope this all passes soon!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-20, 10:48 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Today’s workouts:
~Virtual Essentrics class by my friend & co-teacher. Her dog walked in and out a few times & it made me smile.
~Neighborhood walk
~ePilates: Yoglates Chest Opening, Back Strengthening Class - This was a lovely fusion workout....stretchy & shoulder focused with a little core toning.
~MFML: Twilight Metamorphosis - very relaxing & restoratve

I had a long video chat with some far away friends last night & with DS2 & DIL this afternoon. I also chatted with our JackieB on Sunday & she is well. I am thankful for technology!

Pat - I’m so sorry to hear your DH was laid off & hope it’s very temporary. Your yoga class sounds amazing, it’s good to vent & cry in a safe place. (((Hugs)))

Kate - I’m glad you got some financial peace of mind.
Your yoga sounds lovely!

Sherry - I hope you can get some sleep!

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-20, 09:49 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Hi everyone. Some of us are at work, some are calling in for a meeting with the bosses. Working out plans for partial hours, one person being here at a time, and rules for the telecommuters. I transcribed at home and really have to develop a more ergonomic setup.

I also did PT and my beach walk. It's getting so it's not safe to walk outside! More non-regulars people are coming and so many insist on walking right by. A jogger swept past me about two feet away, exhaling deeply. I had no choice but to turn toward the water and bend over the railing, hoping the strong wind blowing at her protected me. They had to close the playground area because parents were letting their kids and friends play together on the equipment while they sat and chatted on the benches. Why can't people get this??????

On a good news note - my red breasted merganser friend has a bride. He was impressing her with his diving and fish catching skills yesterday.

Stay well everyone - hoping our MIA friends are well too. Far away {{{HUGS}}}
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-20, 10:16 AM  
sherry7899

Crappy night and day so far....

We had a fight with our son because he invited his girlfriend over when we had told him no one is allowed here. My husband has a compromised immune system and so does her father. (sigh...) He seemed to understand that through all last week up until last night. He is hiding out in his room. Fine. He is almost 21 and should be mature enough to understand how serious this is.

A twenty two year old in our town has it. That was announced this morning.

I put up a load of laundry this morning, and two minutes later heard a sound like fireworks going off! I didn't smell anything, so I opened the laundry room door and shut the machine off. My husband even heard the sound on another floor of the house! I called our very reliable repair person who said that since the washer is over twelve years old it is not worth fixing. He gave us specific brands/ models to look for and told us what NOT to buy. Lowe's seems to have the one we want in stock, so we will head over there later. I really hope we can get it delivered quickly. I called our local one, and they said they had seven of them and could likely deliver it Friday or Saturday if we came in later today to order it. I am grateful there was no fire and no water leaking. I bailed the water out of it and dumped it down the bathroom sink. I am glad it was a small load and the machine had not filled very much yet.

Stress city.......I need to figure out how to relax. Anxiety is peaking here. I am taking a rest day from cardio to save my knees. Maybe I can do some stretchy yoga tonight.

I hope everyone else is okay. I am sorry to ramble.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-20, 01:57 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Sherry: HUGS HUGS AND MORE HUGS!!!

Pat: I can't understand why people insist on congregating together still. It's nuts! I just read where many of those kids who were in FL on spring break are testing positive for it.
Mr & Mrs Merganser

Pam: Thank you for your support. Everyone here is so sweet all the time. A wonderful Sangha!!

Today I hopped over to Power Yoga and picked Rudy's Crescent & Triangle Variations. One positive thing about being laid off is I have some extra time to practice. This one was 86 minutes long. Crescents usually mean cardio with Rudy but that was minimal. And lots of good triangles!

Happy Wednesday!

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

Old 03-25-20, 08:57 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Hello yoginis!

Today’s workouts:
~Taught a virtual Essentrics class
~5 km trail & shore walk
~ePilates: Legs & Arms with hand weights - I felt this one, lots of reps, short but intense even with 3 lbs weights
~Headstand
~Yin on my own....chest openers, forward bends, hip openers, shoulder stretches

Sherry - Ugh, what a frustrating PITA! More (((hugs)))

Kate - I love our little group here, so glad you came back to us! Your yoga sounds lovely, reminds me of an oldie I love but haven’t done for ages...Jill Miller’s Triangle Tune Up. I’m inspired to pull it out.

Pat - Sorry your beach walks are becoming crowded, but happy your handsome merganser has a mate! We are fortunate our area is quite sparsely populated. I think we saw 3 or 4 people on our walk today. We’ve decided to avoid the big beach park we drove to last week as I think it’s likely gotten crowded as it’s closer to town.

Hope all is well with our missing members, waves to all!

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Old 03-26-20, 08:15 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning, just a little yoga last night. Yoga Basics from Yee's Yoga for Beginners. I really should get out my Lee Holdens; haven't been enjoying the benefits of my investment in those. What's wrong with me?

Pam, avoiding the more crowded parks seems wise. Your students are fortunate to have you teaching. Which platform are you using? A studio my niece started teaching at is using Google Classroom I think it's called. They're not live but it is good to see my girlie even on a recording. I used a So Hum guided meditation by her the other day.

Kate, how about those kids on the Florida beach! I kind of get it, spring break is a big deal. But still. Good for you on taking the extra time to practice more self care with yoga.

Sherry how awful about the situation with your son. You have to protect your husband. I'm also sending {{{HUGS}}}. Good luck with your washing machine situation.

We have another staff meeting later, more issues to iron out. I am bringing in a carpenter's tape measure and will ask one judge to hold the end and I will walk out until it's at six feet so that they have a visual. Sometimes a co-worker came too near me for comfort. I'm transcribing at home tomorrow!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-20, 12:06 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Hello everyone!

Today was an Essentrics day for me:
~Taught virtual Essentrics class
~Did Jackie’s virtual Essentrics class - it was lovely, standing & barre, no floor work

Pat - Glad you got your yoga in! I’ve used both FB messenger & Zoom for classes, they are live not recorded. I prefer Zoom, I feel the sound is better. Definitely keep your six foot distance at that meeting!

Waves to all!

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

Old 03-27-20, 12:06 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Hello lovely Yogini friends! I'm so glad I came back to this checkin! I love you girls!

My regular workouts have still been lots of Cathe and Michelle D. They really do compliment each other and are super fun to me!

Yoga the rest of this week:
Thurs: Back to Power Yoga yesterday and another longer practice. Bryan's Geriatric Flow. Some of the comments made it sound like it was mellow like Yin but totally not. More long held Hatha or Iyengar to me and challenging in parts. But I loved the long holds.

Just getting ready to do some Yin. Not sure what yet. I'll be back.

Stay well everyone!!!

Old 03-28-20, 12:23 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Today’s offerings:
~Virtual Essentrics class taught by my friend
~Neighborhood walk
~ePilates: Pilates Inspired HIIT - this was really good, whole body with a focus on the core
~MFML: Hip & Lower Back Maintenance - always a favorite

Kate - That geriatric flow sounds really good, I love a slow flow with longer holds.

Waves to all!

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn