Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-29-20, 10:01 PM  
Diana3271

Thumbs up March 2020 ~ Walk On & On ~ New Check-In Buddies Are Always Welcome!

What started as a Leslie walk challenge has morphed into a wide variety of workouts and lots of support and encouragement! Join us, if you're looking for a friendly check-in, that's not limited to one type of exercise!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-20, 06:02 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night: Basic stretches
This morning: Oxycise

Have a Blessed day!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 03-01-20, 06:18 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Diana, thanks for starting our month!

I'm not sure if today's weather qualifies as March coming in like a lamb or a lion LOL. Sort of grim & gray with light rain. Not a roaring lion, not a frolicking lamb.

I'm more than halfway through the Denise ball & band program. Most likely I'll get back to the studio next week. Today, day 12. Day 15 is a rest day which I plan not to take, so I should finish day 21 on Tuesday of next week.

I have the feeling that clothing sizes are going toward vanity. I've worn medium or 8 for years now. Bought a couple of blouses from Old Navy and got smalls after the mediums were baggy; a pair of jeans in size 8 ditto; exchanged them for 6. But --I got a size 8 Adrianna Papell dress at a thrift shop, so I don't know how old it is. I got it last year b/c it was just a few dollars, & rather stunning in a cocktail-dress kind of way. Didn't bother to try it on before I bought it. I did wonder if I would ever wear it. DD and I are going to the SF Ballet production of A Midsummer Night's Dream, and the dress will fit the occasion. We're going in the evening, b/c DD's work schedule doesn't mesh with the daytime performances. Size 8 and it's quite snug. Watching my carbs for the rest of the week.
monterey vidiot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-20, 08:20 PM  
lynnf

barrre 3 30 minutes. Now they put out a new "collection" each month, with a theme. The March theme is balanced in body where they work on common imbalances. The first one in the group I did was quite good. So maybe we are over a bad spell with the site.

Cynthia, congrats on successful buying. Sizing can be really hit and miss these days. Sounds like fun going to the ballet. I bet you will look great in it. I don't have many occasions to wear cocktail-like dresses. These days everything is so casual that my few dressy items just sit in the closet.
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-20, 09:27 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

I had a busy day. Earlier in the day I did 1 mile w/Leslie and then when I got home after church tonight I did another mile.

Check-In: 2 miles w/Leslie

Have a Blessed evening!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 03-02-20, 08:37 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night: Basic stretches
This morning: Oxycise

Have a Blessed day and a great start to your week!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 03-02-20, 05:32 PM  
seabliss

I did end up getting sick with a cold, so I haven't done a workout in a few days. I did get more movement than I probably should have getting ready for home showings. But this afternoon I started feeling a little better (we'll see) and took a mile walk. That's all for today! We'll see how it goes tomorrow.
Old 03-02-20, 06:47 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Cheryl, I hope you get rid of that cold soon.

Lynn, thanks. If I feel like I look good on Friday, I'll get a photo.

Diana, how are the shop repairs coming along. How is your DH doing?

Annoying symptom that makes me think I'm not completely recovered: doing a ball-supported backbend/stretch, I experienced a bit of vertigo. It went away in a few seconds after I sat up & held still. Might be an inner ear thing.

Check-in: Denise book, day 12.
monterey vidiot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-20, 09:37 PM  
lynnf

barre 3 cardio, the #2 workout for this group. OK, cardio is not their strong suit, but this one wasn't too bad.

Cynthia, yes post a photo if you can. Sorry about the vertigo, that's unpleasant.

Cheryl, hope the cold does not linger.

Diana, nice job with the miles.

Nice and warm today, starting to feel like spring.
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-20, 10:08 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

Cynthia I'm sorry about the vertigo. Hopefully everything will clear up soon for you.

Cheryl
I hope you are feeling better.

I had a Dr. appointment today so I couldn't get a workout in. It was just a follow up.

About my DH. He has continued to feel better. Today it was like he took a step back, though. Saturday was his last day for the antibiotic and today was the last day for the prednisone. I checked with the Dr. today but his labs haven't come back yet.

No repairs have been made at the shop yet. I have gotten paper work for estimates, which is just a formality. I noticed that the estimate said that both restrooms would be painted. I thought I would have to pay for the ladies so that was a pleasant surprise. I am going to purchase some updated paper towel dispensers, toilet paper holders, mirrors, etc.

Have a Blessed evening!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana