Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-20, 12:03 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

KateTT, waving at you...we were posting at the same time!! Glad to hear you're doing well!!!
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-20, 12:41 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Reporting back because I realize that the 5pm Cathe Live is the same one I did on Monday! I think I may just choose another Live bootcamp that I own and do that one instead.

Take care, everyone, and stay well!
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-20, 01:58 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

ChelePA, are you doing the workouts sitting down? I hope you heal quickly!!

Isn't it great when step choreography just flows and you get it?! I love that feeling and you're making me really want to do 4DS again.

Wish I could share eggs and wine with all of you! We actually live to remotely to get any sort of instacart, so we're struggling with when we need to go restock. I think it'll be me and I just don't want the exposure!

Oh, no High Reps for me today! We have a guy who helps us on our property and he's still coming once a week because he really needs the money. He was out in the barn so my husband didn't want me out there. I did a Millionaire Hoy hiit workout instead (in the house). First one of his and I really enjoyed it, as many others have mentioned.

Got to get ready for a zoom call..... be well, all!
Old 03-27-20, 03:52 PM  
Mickey12

ChelePAI am so glad you figured out some workouts you can do. Especially now with having to stay put there isn’t much else to do. I see your county got lock down status today. I am in Wyoming County, so no lock down for us yet.

Cataddict I did the weight workout from How to Get in Shape for your Wedding. I really liked it and most of you fierce friends here would not. It’s a fairly easy, moderate workout. She actually only uses 5 pound hand weights for the entire thing! The leg work is all body weight only (that part did get a little monotonous with the endless side leg lifts). I used heavier weights so I felt like a got some muscle work. It clocks in at 60 minutes, has a nice long warm up and cool down. There’s a big nostalgia factor for me with this one, made in 1994 I think, because I was fairly newly married at that time. It brings back memories that make me smile.

Kittybug I do feel lucky that I have the really, really old Cathe workouts, except I never had the Step in Motion ones. I converted them to dvd so I don’t have the VHS versions any more. I forget who commented on the thing leotards being uncomfortable. I loved those leotards, never felt they were hard to wear. Full disclosure, I always wore bike shorts under them. I recall people commenting on some who only wore the thong leotard without shorts. Yikes!

So my husband is home now and we’re headed out into the sunshine for a walk. It’s supposed to rain tomorrow.

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-20, 06:01 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Mickey12, I haven't done the weight part of the Wedding Video. It looked a little boring to me but I only previewed it so I may need to actually give it a try. I'm going to do the step part tomorrow. And I was one who commented on the thong leotards being uncomfortable. I also wore bike shorts under them but they still seemed to shift in uncomfortable ways.

I did the 5pm free Live workout today. I realized I mixed up the 6:30 and 5:00 ones and it was the 5pm one I hadn't done before. D'oh! I discovered my mistake at 4:51 and managed to get it set up, put on my shoes, etc. to start the workout with 4 seconds to spare! I'm glad I did--I really liked it. Short but intense, but maybe it seemed harder since I had finished another Live download 30 minutes earlier. Not the original plan, but it worked out.

bee, I got fresh eggs yesterday from the farm store that we go to routinely. They had plenty and we "know" the chickens. There's nothing like really fresh eggs!

ChelePA, wishing you a speedy recovery!

Stay well, friends!
Old 03-28-20, 07:17 AM  
ChelePA

Wish I could join in with doing premixes from 4DS. Love those workouts!

Thanks for the continued well wishes.

Today sitting in chair, I did Rockout Knockout Premix which includes cardio with gloves and heavy bag bonus. I used my hand weights to increase intensity. I also did some ab exercises from Core Max. I will probably try an upper body weight workout tomorrow.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-20, 10:44 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Bee and Cataddict, I'm so jealous of your fresh eggs. There really is nothing like it!

Kim, don't you love when a workout has that nostalgic feeling and brings back fond memories? It's like hearing an old song you associate with good times!

ChelePA, you really rock! I'd probably be sitting around feeling sorry for myself and here you are, working out what you can which is awesome and inspiring! You'll be healed up in no time.

I did Michelle's Cardio Strength 2 yesterday. Goodness, these workouts are no joke! I was a red-faced drenched mess by the end. I used 12's for my heavy weights and 5's and 8's for light depending on what exercises she was doing. She does some crazy shoulder stuff I simply can't go that heavy for and found myself dropping the 8's for 5's pretty quickly!

So starting Sunday, I'm moving into the next Cathe series on my shelf, still rotating with Michelle. My tentative plan will be:

Sun: Cathe STS Total Body
Mon: Cathe Intensity
Tues: Cathe High Reps
Weds: Michelle Cardio Interval Burn
Thurs: Cathe Lower Body Blast extreme premix
Fri: Michelle More Cardio Strength

Stay fierce and healthy all!!
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-20, 04:41 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Hi All!

I did High Reps today -- I find those endurance workouts to really drag -- guess it's not my thing. I definitely felt worked! I wanted to ask you all..... at the beginning of 2019 I was trying to recover from some sort of hamstring/sciatica, something or other problem. I went to physical therapy for 12 weeks, and he just uncovering things. After that it took a while to build back up to regular workouts. So, I feel like I spent a lot of last year not doing all that much. Well, now my legs still feel so weak. My butt gets really sore if I work my legs hard -- so sore that I can't really sit down or stand up without feeling pain. So I backed way off and I do a lot of lower body work either unweighted or with really light weights. Static lunges are really hard for me -- I don't know if it's tight hip flexors or just being weak. Any thoughts on what might be going on or what I should do? Probably not -- I've probably not done a good job describing, but if anyone has any thoughts I'd appreciate it.

ChelePA, I'm also very impressed with your determination through this!

Next week for me is original Pyramid mixed with Muscle Max and cardio of course. Looks like a pretty good mix of things.

Happy weekend! (gee, is it a weekend? )
Old 03-28-20, 05:45 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
Any thoughts on what might be going on or what I should do? Probably not -- I've probably not done a good job describing, but if anyone has any thoughts I'd appreciate it.....

Next week for me is original Pyramid mixed with Muscle Max and cardio of course. Looks like a pretty good mix of things.

Happy weekend! (gee, is it a weekend? )
Bee have you ever tried foam rolling? I do it a few minutes nearly everyday for pain prevention plus CD stretches. There are some great foam rolling videos on YouTube to use, too.

I like the idea of Muscle Max with Pyramid.

Happy Weekend wishes to you too!!

Good job finding a way to move your body while giving your body time to heal, ChelePA!

kittybug I can't share a workout with you this time since I don't have those workouts. However, I will still post to cheer you on and do my own workouts. Sounds like you recovered well from your fall, yay!

cataddict I used to be able to access fresh eggs and man alive sooo good! But I still never knew the chickens! I was only tight with the owners

I'm still trying to decide what I'll be doing...toying with Bootcamp, Muscle Endurance and cardio & weights. Will ponder some more and report back later what I settle on.

Happy weekend wishes to you Manley, Kate, and Kim!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-20, 07:13 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Happy Saturday!

As planned I did the step portion of Cathe's Wedding video circa 1994. Simple choreography, cheesy comments about weddings & looking good on your "special day", ironic given her marriage sadly ended in divorce, but a decent workout when all was said and done.

kittybug, I only have this video due to a generous VFer who responded to my Request the Wealth ask. I'm still grateful for it!

I also did Maximum Intensity Strength, circa 1998, eliminating the abdominal section. Good, solid workout and I like the pace and the stretching between segments.

A word about the way I am scheduling my Cathe workouts. I am doing them in the order they were released originally rather than when they came out on DVD. Yes, OCD raises it's head, but that way I have a more natural progression in terms of workout style, not to mention hair, outfits, and body changes which I won't detail.

bee, smart that you recognize when to back off from exercises that could injure you. I have to be careful not to irritate my shoulder since I get tendonitis from overuse.

Tags
analysis paralysis, cathe, cathe rotation, cathe rotation checkin, cathe rotations, too many choices, too many options, variety, watulan check-in