Old 01-07-20, 09:03 AM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam View Post
My Thrift Store Finds yesterday:

Turbo Jam Cardio Party Mix 2
Ellen Barrett's Super Fast Body Blast
Ravi & Ann-Fat Free Yoga
Lynne Robinson's Body Control Weekly Workout- apparently a compilation of older workouts from the late 1990s and early 2000s
Mari Winsor's Rapid Results Pilates
Robert Ferguson's Volume One Pilates
Yoga Zone: Yoga for Weight Loss

CharM & fanofladvols-- I hope you have better luck next time you go DVD hunting!

Wow! You have great thrift stores. Enjoy them!

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-20, 09:36 AM  
Pam

Fortunately for us fitness DVDs are not real popular. Generally they have been on the shelves long enough that I have bought them at 50% off. Only one I listed above was at full price of $2.99.
Old 01-07-20, 11:01 AM  
Taiga

Our dvds just dropped from $4.99 to $2.99 a few months ago. I never purchased unless they were half price. They rarely have fitness dvds anyway. I snagged Tony's 10 min Trainer and a few pilates/Firm dvds over the years but otherwise nothing particularly memorable. I have had better luck with equipment (brand new Malibu Pilates chair, TWO new TRX sets, pilates box and pole, Transfirmer, full size club step, Total Gym with all accessories etc).
Old 01-07-20, 04:23 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

got an Ellen studio series and a dvd with 5 10 min cardios. $2 each.
eventmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-20, 07:28 PM  
Mickey12

My Goodwill doesn’t have much in the way of fitness DVDs, but Salvation Army is where I get most of mine. Today I found Weider XFactor missing one disc, but I bought it anyway. I also picked up Beach Babe by Tone it Up, Karena and Katrina. I have been interested in this one in the past but never bought it. I was surprised and excited to see it today. There were quite a few fitness DVDs today, some Leslies, Tae Bo, Rodney Yee, Carmen Electra, Jillian, pilates.

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-20, 09:03 PM  
fanofladyvols

No equipment this time but lots of DVDs at Goodwill but
I found and purchased Tom Holland's Supreme 90 set for $2.99.

No calendar but it did have 10 DVDs which I think is the correct amount.I have no idea if I will ever use this set but it was kinda rare to see. (I know none of you will fault me for purchasing them anyway )

At used bookstore excited about these bargains that went home with me:
Three DVDs: 10 minute solution pilates for beginners (Lara Hudson ), 10 minute solution tighten and tone (Lara Hudson), and Jeanette Jenkins Bikini Bootcamp; and
Three books: Joyce Vedral Bottoms up hardcover, Brad Schoenfield Sculpting her body perfect w/ DVD, Rachel McLish Perfect Parts.

I have never tried Jeanette Jenkins but have read great stuff about her and I was thrilled to get such a nice copy of Bottoms up. The other two I scooped up because when I flipped through them they looked good. Perfect parts felt like a historical find to me, too, lol.

I learn great modifications and form pointers from books all the time. I just can't use them to follow a work out. Except for my pilates...I can with those books for some reason.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-20, 11:04 PM  
seagreen01
VF Supporter

Just one fitness DVD find yesterday It was a Spinervals 25.0 Aero Base Builder V and cost me only 50c. The store now has a 4 for $2 policy. They tell me they want the DVDs to shift.
seagreen01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-20, 09:45 AM  
laurajhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
No equipment this time but lots of DVDs at Goodwill but
I found and purchased Tom Holland's Supreme 90 set for $2.99.

No calendar but it did have 10 DVDs which I think is the correct amount.I have no idea if I will ever use this set but it was kinda rare to see. (I know none of you will fault me for purchasing them anyway )
Heck, I purchased those new at Walgreen's years ago and have barely used them - though I continue to think I will someday. So I certainly wouldn't fault you for buying! Anyway, I know where the calendar is for mine, so PM me if you want a photo of it.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-20, 11:36 AM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurajhawk View Post
Heck, I purchased those new at Walgreen's years ago and have barely used them - though I continue to think I will someday. So I certainly wouldn't fault you for buying! Anyway, I know where the calendar is for mine, so PM me if you want a photo of it.
LOL. That describes half the DVDs in my collection. "Some day..."
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-20, 11:45 AM  
Pam

I have a lot of virgins, too. But as new DVDs being put out are becoming rare, I can go shopping in my impressive DVD collection and have “new” DVDs!

Tags
fitball, knee pad, thrift store, thrift store finds