Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 03-26-20, 04:42 PM  
fanofladyvols

Maya Intermediate Mat Pilates today. VERY enjoyable. Great pace. Calm voiceover with percussive music. Warmup was 9 min and it was a full 11 min in before the 100 made an appearance. Explains when imprint v. Neutral spine might help. Only thing missing in the mat legwork was the bicycle move that Winsor has..otherwise very similar. Loved also there was usually 3 levels of mods visible throughout the practice. Full teaser still eludes me...so be it.
So glad I took a chance and picked up this set. I doubt I ever try the Power Vinyasa DVD in the set but the other three were keepers for me.

Sending feel good vibes to all!!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-20, 07:47 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

I think I missed posting yesterday, so I'll catch up:

Wednesday - Dog Walk - 30 minutes; Pilates Nest - Strengthen & Stretch Band Pilates - 18 minutes

Thursday - Get Healthy U TV - 1 Mile Power Walk - 16 minutes; Physique 57 - Live Class on Instagram - 30 minutes

Boy, that Physique 57 class was hard, hard, hard!

Today is my day to help cover the office for 3 hours, plus I have a couple of conference calls I'm on during the day. More meetings than normal, it seems these days.

Linda - Sounds like a good buy for you! That's a good point about whether you will survive your child being home for so long. I think lots of parents are thinking that!

Donna - That is scary! Take care! Every single thing I read about this is not good. I am ready for some good news!

Cheri - I did the Buff Bites for a while and enjoyed it, but I wish it was cheaper. Be careful at work! I'm starting to worry about opening mail, etc.

Christine - I hope both of you are feeling better!

Brenda - Great use of technology! Hope your calf continues to improve.

Everyone, Please be careful!

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-20, 08:17 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning was:

Blessful Body - Yes, I succumbed and re-subscribed - I really find her workouts enjoyable they are not difficult but there is something about her and the workouts that I just find soothing - something that we can all use right now!

Anyway today was:

Blessful Body - Core Barre Fusion (20 min) - standing and floor work
Blessful Body - Grounding Flow

My boss was pretty understanding about my not wanting to go in today to do my shift - we shall see how things play out. but 3rd floor in my building is too close to home for my tastes.

Linda - that sounds like a good program!

Carol - yes, I was never really worried about germs, but this is making me worried.

Hope everyone has a safe, relaxing and healthy weekend

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-20, 10:55 AM  
furmomof6

Hi everyone,

Just a walk for me today. DH is still the same. We're waiting on his blood work results, hopefully today. This is the 10th day now with fevers. Although one or two days in between he seemed to at least feel okay. So strange. I'm hanging in there.

Donna, I'm glad your boss understood. I wouldn't want to risk it either.

Carol, thank you! Good luck at work today!

Linda, your workout sounded nice!

Cheri, sounds fun! I hope you had a nice birthday! DH still has his daily fevers. We're hoping to get some answers today. Does the flu last this long with fever?

Hi Dana & Brenda!

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-20, 11:35 AM  
cherimac

PN Balance and Flexibility Ball Workout
Buff Bites

Carol~it's definitely pricey, so one month is all I will do this.

Yeah, I'm nervous about going back even with all the precautions. I may change my mind. Our state has 2001 cases and 64 deaths, making it a state with one of the higher death rates. I'm convinced it's partially because our Governor has refused to act and lets individual cities decide what to do. Our town is up to 20 cases, but the neighboring county, Bartow, has nearly 100. Another has nearly 60. Two employees come from those counties. Pray for wisdom for me to make a decision.

Christine~flu can definitely be on-going. I hope you get some answers. Continuing to pray!
Old 03-27-20, 11:46 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Hello!

GHUTV Gold Walk & Sculpt 3 with Medicine Ball - only 17min. Loved the workout but unfortunately streaming froze and wouldn't budge. We ran to the grocery store for some fresh produce in the morning and I worked out late. I almost expected having problems with streaming so I was ready with:

Cathe ICE Metabolic Total Body DVD - 47 min. No extras or bonuses. Tough workout but I really enjoyed it!

I hope everyone is doing well and staying healthy and waves to all!
Old 03-27-20, 05:22 PM  
Brenda in WA
VF Supporter

10 min upper body strength

Not much. LOL My calf is better every day but isn't normal yet. I'm really looking forward to real workouts again.

WA is locked down tighter than we were before. LOTS of businesses ordered to close and we're ordered to stay home unless we have no other choice. Hubby is on administrative leave for the next week and my 20 yr old is laid off for at least 2 weeks. So we have a lot of bodies bouncing around our 1900 sq ft home. I've decided that houses shrink during pandemics.

She girds herself with strength, and strengthens her arms. Prov. 31:17
Brenda in WA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-20, 08:02 PM  
donnamp

Cheri- definitely praying for you - it is a difficult decision to say the least.

Christine - I hope your DH's results come back and they figure out what is going on.

Nice job, Dana. I think internet is stressed everywhere these days with everyone working from home.

Brenda - feel better soon! I am expecting that we will be put under tighter restrictions here as our case count climbs.

This is surreal!

Donna
Old 03-28-20, 09:23 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning was:

Ellen - Dynamic Cardio
Ellen - Kundalini Glow -Kundalini is not really my thing, but I decided to toss it in today - still not really my thing, LOL!

I may try to get some Pilates in later or a walk - although it is dreary. My DD has some glasses to pick up at the eye dr- we call them from the parking lot and they bring them out to us - weird times for sure.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
Old 03-28-20, 09:29 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Good morning all ~

Yesterday's workout was

Bar Method - Hell-o Hamstrings - 45 minutes

This was a fun class - it was not a beginner level class, but I managed it decently, I thought. A new to me instructor who is a national trainer, or something like that. She was good. One thing I like about Bar Method instructors is that they generally count really well (no "oops, 30 more") and they tell you what is coming and how much is left.

Prayers for everyone! We still only have a "few" confirmed cases, but test results are taking forever (8 to 10 days), so it's probably much higher than we realize. Our schools in Texas are supposed to be closed only through April 3rd, along with restaurants, etc., but I am hoping that our Governor extends his order.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote