Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 03-26-20, 03:15 PM  
buffmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
MN just declared shelter in place March 27 through April 10. I'm glad our pantry is fully stocked, Cyric has food and I have vet and oil change appts set for tmrw.

I may try the free trial on Peleton.
Thanks for the update, Vannie. Schools here have been closed since the 16th. It's an alternate reality out there for sure. Funny that I was basing my shopping excursion on Sandy's experience!
Old 03-26-20, 03:24 PM  
buffmama

Buffboy suggested I train for a long run as soon as I am safely able to start running as it will give me additional resources to call on for the next time. Realistically, that might be a half marathon in the fall, although he is encouraging me to get up to 16 miles again.

Sandy - I can't imagine doing Trifecta's leg workout with 5 lbs! You are tough! I used 3, maybe could have done 4, but I'd rather focus on form which isn't always as good as I'd like.
Old 03-26-20, 05:14 PM  
SandyO

What's funny is Vannie was the one who told me WI was shelter in place before MN was. Since that's basically how I live anyway, it was no big change.

My ankle weights have separate individual sand bags, so I could make them lighter, but it's a pain.

Walmart today was really well stocked, but I saw more customers wearing masks and gloves.

Sandy O
Old 03-27-20, 12:32 PM  
Vantreesta

Tue Cyric and I went for a 4.63 mi walk and then I did day 1 of the DoYouYoga Strong & Calm Together challenge on YouTube. Today we walked 4.26 mi. I've had to run to stores every day but Tue and have been so sleepy in the afternoons that I haven't gotten in any other workouts or done much housework. Next week will be better as I won't be going anywhere and will have settled back into being at home and more used to hubby working from home. I have been doing seated meditation every day.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-20, 09:20 AM  
SandyO

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffmama View Post
Buffboy suggested I train for a long run as soon as I am safely able to start running as it will give me additional resources to call on for the next time. Realistically, that might be a half marathon in the fall, although he is encouraging me to get up to 16 miles again.
If you do build to 16 miles again, make sure you go at it much more slowly. It seemed like you built up rather quickly last time. Of course, I never heed that advice and am always injured...Hmmmm?

Edit to Add: Another big win from Ange!!!

Sandy O
Old 03-28-20, 12:47 PM  
buffmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyO View Post
If you do build to 16 miles again, make sure you go at it much more slowly. It seemed like you built up rather quickly last time. Of course, I never heed that advice and am always injured...Hmmmm?

Edit to Add: Another big win from Ange!!!

Sandy O
I agree on the build up, that's key, hence planning is everything. We'll see if this year is a wash or not. I could also do a half in the Hamptons and get some info about that for a full the following year. I would also start with 1:1 walk:run (and could always increase the walking) as switching from 2:1 to 1:1 is where the mileage increased much too rapidly. Definitely a learning curve with this.
Old 03-29-20, 02:24 PM  
buffmama

Angie kicked my core this morning! I think I should do that one again. Katya looks good Sandy - let me know how you like the practice. The Bodywisdom channel has great stuff - slow, pretty scenery, calming - they have some pilates there as well I want to try. Vannie - I have a preset plan (usually do) but added in extra time since I knew I wouldn't be running throughout the winter and wanted to add a buffer. Each time I've gone for a longer distance, I've adjusted my adjustments based on my experiences, the base plan remains unchanged.
Old 03-29-20, 08:27 PM  
SandyO

I really liked the yoga for runners. I liked the sequence of stretches, and Katja has a nice personality and accent. I have a couple of pilates classes of hers bookmarked, so I'm excited to try those in the next couple of days.

I have been getting in so much walking this month I'm at more miles for this month than any of my running/walking totals from last year. Now if I can start transitioning into running but keep this volume, I will end up in great shape. I'll start with the 2 minutes walk/1 minute jog and work toward half and half. Last year was like 2 minute run 30 second walk. I am going to have to figure out where I put my GymBoss.

Sandy O