Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-26-20, 09:22 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurajhawk View Post
I ordered Burn Sets when I preordered Cathe's upcoming set, but just this week tore it open. I like it! I did the Chest & Back premix on Monday, Bi's and Tri's today. I plan shoulders & core Friday (haven't checked whether there's a premix; if not I'll just pick from the menu). I really enjoy straightforward heavy lifting and that's exactly what Burn Sets is.
Laura love Cathe's Burn sets!

Wendy thanks for letting me know your Decluttr experience... but looks like they're shut down for covid for now :-(
Lreidgreen reading your review of YAYOG with interest!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-20, 04:09 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Angie Miller Core & Strength Fusion
Sahra Esmonde-White Full Body Toning

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-20, 05:38 PM  
nyskier
VF Supporter

Wow, was I surprised! I just did Ellen Barrett’s Fat Burning Fusion and I enjoyed it very much. It’s been on the shelf forever and I don’t know if I got it at eBay or in a trade, but it’s good.
nyskier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-20, 08:17 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyskier View Post
Wow, was I surprised! I just did Ellen Barrett’s Fat Burning Fusion and I enjoyed it very much. It’s been on the shelf forever and I don’t know if I got it at eBay or in a trade, but it’s good.
This workout is the only Ellen Barrett I own. I picked it up at a thrift store and was pleasantly surprised when I did it. It isn't the type of workout I normally do, but I really like it and find Ellen a calm and encouraging instructor.
Old 03-28-20, 05:40 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Essentrics Aging Backwards for Beginners, Mobility & Bone Strengthening by Miranda Esmonde-White

Metabolic Strength Vol. 1 Coming On Strong by Tracie Long

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
Old 03-29-20, 08:54 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Mark Lauren You are Your Own Gym. I did two of the three intermediate workouts on Friday. I was too tired to do the third workout (circuits) I started the third one today but I tried a few of the moves and they bothered my back.

I then tried Mindy Mylrea's Power and Grace that uses the Body Bar and Gliders. It's going to the trade/STW pile. There were some good moves but it just didn't do much for me.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-20, 10:01 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by lreidgreen View Post
Mark Lauren You are Your Own Gym. I did two of the three intermediate workouts on Friday. I was too tired to do the third workout (circuits) I was started the third one today but I tried a few of the moves and they bothered my back.
Lreidgreen Looks like there's a theme to the circuit workouts ..that is, not being back friendly?

Did you like the first two? How much more intense did you think they were from the beginning level?

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-20, 10:41 AM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
Lreidgreen Looks like there's a theme to the circuit workouts ..that is, not being back friendly?

Did you like the first two? How much more intense did you think they were from the beginning level?
The novice circuits workout was fine except for the fast swimmers. It could have been that I had already done the timed sets and ladders workout so I was tired. In fact the fast swimmers were in the intermediate timed sets workout and I was fine with them.

The intermediate circuits had: Star jumps, Half dive bombers, side v-up and Hip ups. I think my back started hurting a bit with the dive bombers and I just gave up. I wasn't in the mood to be that challenged yesterday. I will re-visit it. I think probably doing all three workouts at once is not a good idea for me. I just wanted to try as many of them as possible and I had the time.

In terms of intensity I think the intermediate was harder than novice but not killer. Intermediate as advertised. I recently subscribed to Mark Lauren On Demand and was doing the 90 day challenge. I was at the beginner level and was performing at the point where I could move up to Level 2 but the exercises were MUCH harder so I was kind of stuck. I could modify I suppose but I got bored. I may do the YAYOG 2.0 workouts for a change or just cancel it. I do like the Prep workouts for mobility and recovery because he does not have a DVD of them.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-20, 04:32 PM  
seagreen01
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyskier View Post
Another thumbs up for this workout. I had let it sit on the shelf too and was so surprised how much I enjoyed the workout. Really Good.

I’m finding a sense of urgency towards getting through my untried workouts lately and since self quarantining these are what I have gotten too .
XTF MAX Personal Trainer, really enjoyed and Karen Gentz demonstrates with great form and Stephanie motivates me.
Susan Tuttle chair yoga, instruction felt awkward in some sections but overall ok.
Barlates Weekend Recovery Stretch
Ambient Collection Cycle Amsterdam, it felt so good to go touring and not do a formal spin workout and just look at my gym which I’m seeing an incredible amount of lately.
Frankie Essex, her second DVD 20 Minute Trim
Rainbeau Mars Beginners, I tore the shrinkwrap off the day it arrived in the mail.
Desi Bartlett yoga for Beginners, Solar and Lunar
CLX 2nd Phase Push

I thought I would miss interspersing my favourite workouts with untried workouts but I am having a lot of fun right now with ‘new to me’.
seagreen01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-20, 01:49 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

All My Best by Margaret Richard - all of the LB segments, which amounted to 70 min of workout time. i then did 1 of her 3 minute cool downs.

I really needed this one. it's somewhat zen-like. i think that's why everyone loves her. i LOL at a comment she said after one of the floorwork moves, "we're still friends, right? well, I'm your friend!"

Also did all of KCM Build and Burn since Monday.

Last week:
Crave Results - Angie Miller
Kettlebell Bootcamp - Angie Miller
Bedroom Body - Angie Miller

Tags
shrinkwrap, tsha jacobson, virgin workouts, virgins