Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-09-20, 11:42 PM  
CharM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataddict View Post
D'oh! Didn't occur to me to ask Dr. Google. Thanks CharM. Seems that a few places are doing this. A similar ban hasn't been on the radar in my state, at least not that I'm aware of.
haha I knew I'd read it somewhere last week and again a few days ago, so I thought I'd share the link to different stories. As far as I know, it's not been mentioned in CA, but I wouldn't be surprised if it happens, there have been too many stories from store employees saying they're tired of seeing people wandering around because they were bored at home.
CharM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-20, 01:10 AM  
suzannaerin

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharM View Post
haha I knew I'd read it somewhere last week and again a few days ago, so I thought I'd share the link to different stories. As far as I know, it's not been mentioned in CA, but I wouldn't be surprised if it happens, there have been too many stories from store employees saying they're tired of seeing people wandering around because they were bored at home.
I can’t blame the workers. This stuff is available online, regardless.
suzannaerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-20, 10:18 AM  
LAC

I have a family member who owns a small store where he sells a variety of new and gently used items. I'm not sure if he had to close as a non-essential business or if he chose to close because his fiancee has an underlying illness and he didn't want her to be exposed, or for him to be exposed and carry it home to her. Neighbors and friends have been calling him at home to ask him if he has certain items in his store (for instance a nurse called looking for scrubs). He then goes to his store and gets the items for them and leaves them on their doorsteps. I'm not sure how he's getting paid (I would guess that they mail him a check, but maybe PayPal or something?). Anyway, it's another avenue for people to get things they need without hanging out in a big box store and it gives a little support to a local small business.
LAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-20, 02:49 PM  
glavtx
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey12 View Post
Terri, that sounds wonderful! I have heard of companies that offer weekly boxes of produce, I guess it's when you belong to a co-op? It always intrigued me but I never looked into it. Did you get to choose what you wanted in the box or did they just give you what is in season?

Kim
This was a box they made: 2 apples, 4 oranges, 1 big container of strawberries, a cantaloupe, 1 bunch of bananas, 2 types of lettuce, 6 tomatoes, 2 onions, 2 avocados, 6 potatoes, 3 cucumbers, 2 big zucchini and 2 yellow squash.

They had a pre-made box of just veggies, just fruit, or you could order thingd separately, but in large amounts.

Everything has been delicious, but it sure filled my fridge!

If the only prayer you say in your life is Thank You, that would suffice.
Meister Eckhart

It is our resistance to things as they are that causes most unhappiness.

When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life, for your
strength. Give thanks for your food and for the joy of living. If you see no
reason to give thanks, the fault lies in yourself. Tecumseh
glavtx is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coronavirus, covid-19