Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Recipe Box

Old 03-25-20, 01:53 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

cookbooks written by famous chefs

have you tried any recipes from cookbooks of famous chefs? if so, please share your reviews here.

NOTE: i have a separate thread for cookbooks from famous restaurants.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-20, 02:50 PM  
Sissy B

I’ve made several recipes from Giada De Laurentiis’s cookbook Giada’s Kitchen that I have enjoyed.
Sissy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-20, 05:20 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Not sure this quite qualifies, but..... when it came out I got Amanda Hesser's book "Cooking for Mr. Latte", I not only read it (it's a novel with recipes intermixed), but I tried a bunch of the recipes. I was so into that I wrote her and told her all the recipes I had tried. She wrote back to thank me and she said "wow, you really put a cookbook to the test" or something like that. I was astounded, since though I had tried many of them, it was still a fairly small percentage of what was in the book.

At the moment I cannot put my hands on my copy of the book..... I fear I have loaned it out and not gotten it back or gave it away. It would be fun to look through again.
Old 03-26-20, 12:29 PM  
BunnyHop

Famous chefs? Or are you wondering about celebrities with cookbooks?

I've got lots of cookbooks, and some are by famous chefs and cookbook authors. Too many to list, really.
Old 04-14-20, 04:05 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyHop View Post
Famous chefs? Or are you wondering about celebrities with cookbooks?

I've got lots of cookbooks, and some are by famous chefs and cookbook authors. Too many to list, really.
the former.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-20, 10:41 AM  
BunnyHop

Jacques Pepin has written some great cookbooks, but if you want something to read, try his memoir, The Apprentice: My Life in the Kitchen.

Last edited by BunnyHop; 04-14-20 at 06:36 PM. Reason: typo
BunnyHop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-20, 01:49 PM  
antbuko

I have Giada's Everyday Italian from which I use one recipe consistently - her simple bolognese recipe. I have Rachel Ray's Just in Time, but I haven't used it in a long time. I am just getting back into cookbooks recently. I have a few more from not so famous chefs that I've been using.

Tags
cookbook, cookbooks