Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-24-03, 09:46 AM  
Pykkalo

Leslie Sansone's "miles"?

Do Leslie Sansone's workouts really equal as many miles as she says they do, as far as calorie burn and energy output? Does doing one of her 2-mile videos really equal walking 2 miles?

I've read several times that a 150-pound person will burn approximately 100 calories per every mile traveled, whether walking or running (you burn the same amount of calories whether you walk a mile or run a mile, but running for 30 min will burn more calories than walking 30 min because you are going farther). Anyway, will a 150-pound person burn 200 calories doing a 2-mile Leslie Sansone video? 200 calories burned in a 30-minute workout (sounds about right, doesn't it?)

I did WATP Express Super Challenge 4-mile (that's a mouthful!) this morning, and was actually jogging in place on every other "march in place" segment, and I was hoping that I burned at least 400 calories during my hour workout. I got my heart rate up in the 160-170 bpm range for most the workout!

BTW, are these videos effective for weight loss? I know my heartrate was up, but I didn't feel the "burn" in my muscles that I usually get when walking outdoors or on a treadmill (I walk 4-4.5 mph). Am I missing out on the leg-shaping benefits, or will extra standing legwork/floorwork (Joyce Vedral, FIRM Classics) take care of that?

242/203/135
Pykkalo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leslie miles, mile equivalency, outdoor walking