Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-23-11, 03:52 PM  
cooldham

What are you all doing with your VHS?

I don't trade very often but in the spirit of decluttering AND because I counted my DVDs and scared myself...I made a trade list, including SASE. I don't usually look through the SASE list posted here in general discussion b/c I already have so many! But since I am trading I decided in the spirit to check things out, and to see if I should relist the things I listed in my trade post. Anyway...I noticed lots of VHS that had not been requested! The sad thing is...I still own a VCR...it's hooked up and everything but I haven't used it in years now...can't be bothered when DVDs are so much more convenient!

So...what is everyone doing with their old VHS tapes? Keeping them? Donating them? tech savvy and converting to DVD? Throwing them away (horrors!). Just interested!
Old 01-23-11, 03:56 PM  
severin817

I've been slowly converting them to DVD, starting with the ones I like the best. Now I'm faced with what to do with the actual tapes once I copy them. Can't bring myself to just throw them away.

If anyone wants boxes and boxes of VHS tapes, let me know. They're all yours.

Laura
severin817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-11, 04:01 PM  
acescholar

Just passing along: there was a post a couple of days ago suggesting where dvds and vhs could be donated (women's shelter):

http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=159997
acescholar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-11, 06:16 PM  
ellenalesa

How do you convert VHS to DVD?

Do you take them somewhere to get it done? how much does it cost? I have TONS of VHS tapes.
ellenalesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-11, 06:19 PM  
severin817

I use a standalone dvd recorder to record directly from my VCR. You can find them now pretty reasonably.
severin817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-11, 06:27 PM  
mtnmom

I've been keeping my one lone VHS of Your Personal Best for years. Yesterday, there was an e-waste collection at a local school and we got rid of the old tube TV that had a VCR built in. It was the only VCR in the house. I still can't part with Karen and Elle though.

I'm hopeless.
Old 01-23-11, 06:30 PM  
shaka02

I have, over time, sold or given away most of my workout VHS tapes.

I recently posted a SASE list and the DVDs were all taken in minutes. There were no takers for VHS. Oh, well, I guess that technology has marched on.

Thanks acescholar for the idea of women's shelters. I will check that out!

Deb
shaka02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-11, 06:41 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

I was just thinking about the small stack of dvds I have--I only have maybe 3-4 left. We don't even watch vhs with the kids anymore. I have Charlene Prickett on VHS and I don't think I could get rid of her.

Jackie
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-11, 06:43 PM  
dnna

I still use mine, I have a dvd/vcr combo player and another player in reserve. I got it very inexpensively. I can't give up my vhs, I hope to buy a player to convert them-does anyone have a link to such a player? I am interested in a stand alone converter.

so list your vhs! I remember we had a vhs trade/sase thread not that long ago-that was fun and I could list a few to sase myself!
donna
dnna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-11, 06:49 PM  
mommy2two

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnna View Post
I still use mine, I have a dvd/vcr combo player and another player in reserve. I got it very inexpensively. I can't give up my vhs, I hope to buy a player to convert them-does anyone have a link to such a player? I am interested in a stand alone converter.

so list your vhs! I remember we had a vhs trade/sase thread not that long ago-that was fun and I could list a few to sase myself!
donna
I'd be interested in vhs trades. It is a cheap way to get new workouts to try, but I have several that I did not click with.
mommy2two is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vhs