Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-01-17, 01:30 PM  
cherimac

I follow weekly PBL rotations. I never had saddlebag shaving results with TA or barre either but PBL got rid of mine and has my legs looking proportional. I never HAD trouble with saddlebags before TA and barre, though. So weird!
Old 04-01-17, 04:25 PM  
AnMrsDe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidget Queen View Post
Can you tell me what rotation you follow with PBL? I use and adore Tracey Anderson's Meta and Ballet Beautiful and Callanetics. They all reign in my pear-ness a bit and I enjoy them. However, NOTHING has touched my saddle bags in 20 years. Nothing. So I'm all ears. I know she posts her rotation of one workout per day - is that what you do?
I'm going to tell you a workout that has helped me that isn't TA, PBL, nor even a barre-type workout! I've been doing Winsor Buns & Thighs (original 20 min. one) for 5+ months, once a week and lost 1" off each thigh and really blasted my saddle bags! In fact, my DD just said a couple days ago how THIN my thighs are getting! Well, being an hour-glass shape and my trouble area being my thighs, and being a 56 year old, this was great news!! It could be that I've been keeping track of my calories this year which, I'm sure, is a major reason also. But after years of rotation after rotation and seeing somewhat leg slimming (to me mostly), no one has ever commented before. So, I was not only completing Winsor B&T for PT reasons (hip bursitis diagnosis which has kept me pain free), it was destroying my saddle bags in the process! Gotta love it!
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-17, 09:37 AM  
LeanneM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnMrsDe View Post
I'm going to tell you a workout that has helped me that isn't TA, PBL, nor even a barre-type workout! I've been doing Winsor Buns & Thighs (original 20 min. one) for 5+ months, once a week and lost 1" off each thigh and really blasted my saddle bags! In fact, my DD just said a couple days ago how THIN my thighs are getting! Well, being an hour-glass shape and my trouble area being my thighs, and being a 56 year old, this was great news!! It could be that I've been keeping track of my calories this year which, I'm sure, is a major reason also. But after years of rotation after rotation and seeing somewhat leg slimming (to me mostly), no one has ever commented before. So, I was not only completing Winsor B&T for PT reasons (hip bursitis diagnosis which has kept me pain free), it was destroying my saddle bags in the process! Gotta love it!
Those are wonderful results -- especially since you've only been doing it once a week!

I think that this is also why Pilates by Lisa is so effective; all those side-lying moves really lean out the legs!
LeanneM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-17, 10:03 AM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Yes, congratulations! What do you do the rest of the week?
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-17, 07:16 PM  
novadancer

I did ballet 13 years so I LOVE barre. Have taken pure barre, xtend barre (personal fav), physique 57, Suzanne Bowen streaming, and every other studio in the DC area. However... I took a barre break during pregnancy #2 and started doing Cathe live. At 11 months post partum I am below pregnancy #1 weight and haven't yet gotten around to the diet part! I am so much leaner now than all the years I spent doing barre and much stronger! I am also mid 40's
novadancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-17, 07:50 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

I did a total of 18 months of barre subscriptions (SBF and B3) and as much as I enjoyed both of these, I have not renewed either one once they've expired. Other than acheing knees and hips, I haven't really had any "results" from either one. Barre is not for me. What I found that works for me, is about 20-30min of challenging pilates (Pilates by Lisa) per day, plus 20-30 min of either cardio, weights or yoga on alternating days. I try, but I don't really watch my diet, but I am reasonably fit and I feel great. These are the results I want.
Old 04-02-17, 08:30 PM  
Fidget Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeanneM View Post
Hi Fidget Queen,

I've been following Lisa's weekly rotations and doing both workouts that she posts (the main one and the bonus one), but have been adding in more leg work at random. Her weekly schedule usually clocks in at about 30 minutes per day, and I add in about another 20 minutes, trying to get to about 50 minutes. I'm sorry I can't remember which exact leg workouts I've been tacking on to the main ones, but I usually just try to rotate between her leg ones, making sure that I hit glutes and inner thighs at least once a week, on top of whatever she might have in her rotation.

Tracy's Glutecentric didn't help my saddlebags, but Ballet Beautiful definitely does. Do you have the Classic and Blasts DVDs? I rotated those once for three weeks (with no cardio) and had great results. You could give that a try!
Thank you so much! Where do I find her bonus workout? I haven't seen those yet.

I DO have those Ballet Beautiful DVDs. I really do love her stuff, and will sign up for a random month here and there - usually when there is a deal. I definitely see results, my thighs get smoother and lean out some, but the saddle bags remain. However, I don't stick to one thing very long and maybe this is a problem? I love how the standing BB work makes me move in different ways (I Have to be very careful with the knees, though!) and I'm never too sore after a workout, probably because of the stretching.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherimac View Post
I follow weekly PBL rotations. I never had saddlebag shaving results with TA or barre either but PBL got rid of mine and has my legs looking proportional. I never HAD trouble with saddlebags before TA and barre, though. So weird!
Thank you! Do you also add the bonus daily workout? Saddlebags are a strange thing. When I was younger, I had them but I didn't mind them. They added a shape to my leg I kind of liked, actually. But now they are unwieldy and aren't welcome anymore

Quote:
I have it! I've heard so many people sing the praises. When I do, I get it out, do it, and then promptly forget. It's so strange. I'm a phenomenon, I'll tell ya. Thank you for the recommendation! And I'm very happy it's doing good things for your pain, too.
Fidget Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-17, 06:10 AM  
cherimac

Fidget Queen-I do the main PBL workout and the bonus daily. I do take Sunday off.
Old 04-03-17, 08:01 AM  
LeanneM

Quote:
Thank you so much! Where do I find her bonus workout? I haven't seen those yet.

I DO have those Ballet Beautiful DVDs. I really do love her stuff, and will sign up for a random month here and there - usually when there is a deal. I definitely see results, my thighs get smoother and lean out some, but the saddle bags remain. However, I don't stick to one thing very long and maybe this is a problem? I love how the standing BB work makes me move in different ways (I Have to be very careful with the knees, though!) and I'm never too sore after a workout, probably because of the stretching.
The bonus workout is part of the weekly schedule; she lists it as a second, optional workout you can do.

I know exactly what you mean! I bounce around too much between methods, and that may hinder my results. Like you, I also subscribe to BB whenever they have a special.
LeanneM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-17, 11:36 AM  
AnMrsDe

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeanneM View Post
Those are wonderful results -- especially since you've only been doing it once a week!

I think that this is also why Pilates by Lisa is so effective; all those side-lying moves really lean out the legs!
Thank you, Leanne! Good to "see" you 'round...been missing your posts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
Yes, congratulations! What do you do the rest of the week?
Thanks, bee! Well, I've done quite a few rotations in the last 5 months, so I'll just say a "generic" weights, cardio, and yoga rotation. You can always search my monthly workouts in "Just The Workouts" for a detailed workout list if you wish. Be prepared for lots of reading, though, since I do like to type! But, I was basing my loss on doing this one workout very consistently for the duration...truth be told, if I wouldn't have had to do it for PT reasons, I probably wouldn't have been so consistent. Now, I'm almost afraid to omit it from my weeks for fear the pain will come back! I guess that's a good thing (depending on how you look at it!)

Quote:

I have it! I've heard so many people sing the praises. When I do, I get it out, do it, and then promptly forget. It's so strange. I'm a phenomenon, I'll tell ya. Thank you for the recommendation! And I'm very happy it's doing good things for your pain, too.
Thanks, Fidget Queen! Good luck to you...hope you can find something to shave off those saddle bags! I do think consistency is the key!
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
barre and bulking, barre and weight gain, barre only, winsor buns and thighs