Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-13, 04:56 PM  
mrsyancy

Is the pre-sale price 19.95....or did I go to the wrong site?
mrsyancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-13, 05:13 PM  
tltinatl

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsyancy View Post
Is the pre-sale price 19.95....or did I go to the wrong site?
I was expecting a lower price too, but since it's already finished and ready to ship it isn't really a pre-sale, hence no discount. I guess the free shipping for the first seven days is supposed to be the inticement. Otherwise people would just wait for it to show up at TFDVD and get free shipping from there anyway.
tltinatl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-13, 05:31 PM  
Tiny

I emailed her to be sure about the price. She responded saying it isn't a presale because it's all done and she'll be shipping next week.

H.O.P.E.=Hold On Pain Ends
D.I.E.T.=Did I Eat That

"If I fall, I will get back up. If I am beaten, I will return."
"Strong is what happens when you run out of weak."
"As the New Year dawns we look back on a year of upheaval through the world and through our lives as well. Life is difficult. For those of us raised with the illusion that if we go to school, work hard, all will be well, that illusion dies hard."
Tiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-13, 05:59 PM  
kariev34

Ordered without hesitation
kariev34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-13, 06:03 PM  
sweatie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tltinatl View Post
... Also, I really like this "Hi, everybody. Here's a new workout" method. I've been working out anywhere from 50% to 100% with videos for about 13 years now and I'm worn out from all the systems, packages, bundles, presales, pre-presales, announcements about previews, announcements about prices, announcements about announcements... Just tell me when it's done!
Amen to that!
sweatie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-13, 08:05 PM  
Irisg1

I rarely pay $19.99 for a workout video these days.
Old 11-15-13, 08:10 PM  
YogaGal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
I emailed her to be sure about the price. She responded saying it isn't a presale because it's all done and she'll be shipping next week.
Thanks for checking with Kelly about the price and sharing it with us. I was wondering about the price difference between Trim Down and Shape Up. I see her logic, but I wish she'd had a pre-sale.

Looks like a good workout, but a tad more advanced than I'm used to. I would need to modify it here and there. I may wait to order, or I may decide next week to go for it. I have every other KCM 30 Minutes to Fitness, so I can't let my collection be incomplete, right?
Old 11-15-13, 10:15 PM  
Tiny

Carolyn~your welcome. I was hoping for a presale price too. Oh well, i ordered it anyway.

H.O.P.E.=Hold On Pain Ends
D.I.E.T.=Did I Eat That

"If I fall, I will get back up. If I am beaten, I will return."
"Strong is what happens when you run out of weak."
"As the New Year dawns we look back on a year of upheaval through the world and through our lives as well. Life is difficult. For those of us raised with the illusion that if we go to school, work hard, all will be well, that illusion dies hard."
Tiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-13, 08:21 AM  
Cammie-Cam

I saw her post on Facebook and came over to see what VFers were saying... then I realized I hate tabata. From anyone. I've enjoyed Kelly's last few DVDs but I may have to pass on this one. Tabata and I are not friends.
Cammie-Cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-13, 10:15 AM  
mtnmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by tltinatl View Post
Also, I really like this "Hi, everybody. Here's a new workout" method. I've been working out anywhere from 50% to 100% with videos for about 13 years now and I'm worn out from all the systems, packages, bundles, presales, pre-presales, announcements about previews, announcements about prices, announcements about announcements... Just tell me when it's done!
I totally agree! I think that not having background exercisers helps in this matter as well. No coordinating schedules, or having to take a break because one of the participants had trouble. Was it Body Shop where Marcus was tearing up his mat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cammie-Cam View Post
I saw her post on Facebook and came over to see what VFers were saying... then I realized I hate tabata. From anyone. I've enjoyed Kelly's last few DVDs but I may have to pass on this one. Tabata and I are not friends.
I've never done a Tabata workout, but the description of it sounds very off-putting to me. Do something over and over again 8 times? Yikes, I hate doing something a second time. Circuit Burn and Plateau Buster are guilty of this and I always do the "one-time only-both workouts" premix.

I've complained (maybe not openly here) that the last two all cardio offerings from Kelly were too lame, as in too easy and not creative. I love Stepboxing, and I love Kelly. But I can't see myself doing Tabata, even from her.

Tags
kcm, kelly coffey-meyer