Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-13, 12:09 PM  
Chomper

I am in. Most of the Tabata style workouts I have are pure cardio. So this is different enough to be worth getting. And again it looks like it takes very little space and gets a lot done in a short time. My favorite things about Kelly workouts!
Chomper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-13, 12:10 PM  
sbh

I like Trim Down. I will pass on this one though. To much for my bad low back. I have to say, I do miss the background exercisers. Even though Kelly gives modifications, it helps when there is someone actually doing them.
sbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-13, 12:41 PM  
Tiny

Quote:
Originally Posted by rheash92 View Post
Just out of curiosity why is Kelly making these low quality productions? Does she figure that she has a customer base so she can get away with this? Just imagine Cathe doing something like this. Her productions are always top-notch and people were still complaining about it in her latest series. Is Kelly not going to produce with Greg anymore?
I was wondering if Trim Down was a Greg production and it is as well as Shape Up. I was curious because it didn't look like Greg's workout space not because it was low production. I don't feel that Kelly's latest offerings are low production quality.

H.O.P.E.=Hold On Pain Ends
D.I.E.T.=Did I Eat That

"If I fall, I will get back up. If I am beaten, I will return."
"Strong is what happens when you run out of weak."
"As the New Year dawns we look back on a year of upheaval through the world and through our lives as well. Life is difficult. For those of us raised with the illusion that if we go to school, work hard, all will be well, that illusion dies hard."
Tiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-13, 12:51 PM  
cadams

cadams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-13, 12:52 PM  
rheash92

The set seems dark and like a run down room where she has hung posters. It not a professional set like Cathe or Greg's own filming studio.
rheash92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-13, 12:59 PM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

I have Trim Down and like the set. It's uncluttered and not distracting in any way. I miss the background exercisers though but Kelly is GREAT by herself.
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Kathy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-13, 01:29 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

I have Trim Down and have to say, I do not miss the background exercisers. Not that I dislike them, but it is a refreshing change to have Kelly all to my self, so to speak.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-13, 01:33 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rheash92 View Post
The set seems dark and like a run down room where she has hung posters. It not a professional set like Cathe or Greg's own filming studio.
The set is bright. And a less expensive production does not necessarily equal "low quality". The quality on these is fine, not low.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-13, 01:44 PM  
tltinatl

I'm still getting it even though I have some of the same issues that others have mentioned

1. I also wonder what's up with the set on these last two workouts. It's not terrible and I don't mind it, I just wonder why the change. I certainly get just as good a workout with Trim Down as with Plateau Buster, Body Shop or any of the prettier videos. Just one person in the video means less schedule coordination and less rehearsal, which I assume gets the video shot faster.

2. Kelly does have an...interesting way of lifting sometimes. I just maintain my form and technique and occasionally ignore her. I've had to do that on MANY occasions when I've tried a class at a new gym and been astonished that the person bouncing all over the bike or slinging weights all over the room was really the instructor.

I used to love Kimberly Spreen's kickboxing workouts, but once I started doing Powerstrike and Rapid Fire, I realized how weak her form is sometimes. I had to give up Tracey Staehle's kickboxing altogether for the same reason. I couldn't even look at it any more. I still like Kimberly's choreography, but often find myself concentrating on not looking like her during the workout.

3. I have stuff going on with both knees, one foot and one ankle, so I have to seriously ration my high-impact work. I'll definitely be modifying some things, (but not so much that I feel like I practically had to re-write the whole workout) and I'll probably skip using the step for the cardio at least the first time I do it.

Also, I really like this "Hi, everybody. Here's a new workout" method. I've been working out anywhere from 50% to 100% with videos for about 13 years now and I'm worn out from all the systems, packages, bundles, presales, pre-presales, announcements about previews, announcements about prices, announcements about announcements... Just tell me when it's done!
tltinatl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-13, 03:14 PM  
margaux

Ordered...Merry Christmas to me!!!
margaux is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kcm, kelly coffey-meyer