Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-16-11, 07:45 AM  
katalina

Thanks for the reviews and the breakdown. I'm new to Kelly and these two latest of hers are top on my wish list!!

Kathy
katalina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-11, 08:53 AM  
laurajhawk

Thank you Caligurl! Wow, I'm pretty sure I can't do all that with 15's. Oh well I think I'm usually a couple pounds below Kelly's weights.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-11, 08:08 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

I did the total body premix today and really felt it worked me overall. I too was in awe of the shoulder press but I thought she was holding 12s rather than 10s? The time went quickly and I liked that she switched quickly from exercise to exercise. Since you pretty much need only a few sets of dumbbells there isn't the scrambling to get the proper weight. I'm glad Kelly stuck with just Sam and Lauren this time--the three of them seem to click so well together.
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-11, 08:17 PM  
tltinatl

My new KCMs came yesterday and I was really surprised because I thought I remembered her saying they would ship on April 15.

I also did the long total body premix in Split Sessions. I did it late last night and I didn't feel anything this morning, but I can feel my back, biceps and obliques starting to get sore in the last few hours. (I used 8s, 10s, 12s, 15s and a 20).

During that single-arm overhead press Kelly says something like "I don't worry about people saying 'You're not controlled' when I do explosive movements. Yes I am!" I laughed. I was able to do the first round of those with two 10s in one hand, but my form was starting to go the last couple of reps, so I went to 8s the second time. All I need is to do is drop a 10-lb weight on my head.

There was also a point near the end of the workout when she said "Don't stop because it's hard. Keep going because it's hard." I need that on a t-shirt, a poster, a bumper sticker and a water bottle.

This September will make 15 years that I've been working out, and this 30 MtF series has kept me from missing workouts dozens of times. I think she's really onto something with these.
tltinatl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-11, 08:33 PM  
KellyMarie65

Quote:
Originally Posted by tltinatl View Post
My new KCMs came yesterday and I was really surprised because I thought I remembered her saying they would ship on April 15.

I also did the long total body premix in Split Sessions. I did it late last night and I didn't feel anything this morning, but I can feel my back, biceps and obliques starting to get sore in the last few hours. (I used 8s, 10s, 12s, 15s and a 20).

During that single-arm overhead press Kelly says something like "I don't worry about people saying 'You're not controlled' when I do explosive movements. Yes I am!" I laughed. I was able to do the first round of those with two 10s in one hand, but my form was starting to go the last couple of reps, so I went to 8s the second time. All I need is to do is drop a 10-lb weight on my head.

There was also a point near the end of the workout when she said "Don't stop because it's hard. Keep going because it's hard." I need that on a t-shirt, a poster, a bumper sticker and a water bottle.

This September will make 15 years that I've been working out, and this 30 MtF series has kept me from missing workouts dozens of times. I think she's really onto something with these.
Where do you order this workout?
KellyMarie65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-11, 08:36 PM  
patchworkpenguin

I did the UB workout today. I have to admit that I appreciate the low equipment and quick workout times of Kelly's workouts.

tltinatl, I think "Don't stop because it's hard. Keep going because it's hard." would make a great signature quote for you!

"An exercise in futility still counts as exercise!"

"There's a pattern to the randomness!" ~ Artie ~ Warehouse 13

"Weakness is hard, but weakness doesn't have to mean defeat!" ~ Lysa TerKeurst

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2

patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-11, 08:47 AM  
caligurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurajhawk View Post
Thank you Caligurl! Wow, I'm pretty sure I can't do all that with 15's. Oh well I think I'm usually a couple pounds below Kelly's weights.
i know! i was:

i'm doing this workout this morning after i get off the computer!

i plan to do both upper and lower and the bonus floor work....
it is NOT against the rules to say DIET on this forum!
-----
"VFers have a right to post negative opinions about an instructor,
and there is not a limit on the number of times they do so".
- WWWendy

-----
"...no matter how unpopular you perceive your opinion to be, we guarantee you
are not the only one here who holds that opinion, and you should feel free to express it."
- WWWendy via forum guidelines
caligurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-11, 09:02 AM  
lorajc

May I just say that Kelly looks absolute fabulous. I think she might have one of the best sets of legs in the business!!!! love her and so glad she continues to work out with us home exercisers.
lorajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-11, 09:04 AM  
Patti S.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyMarie65 View Post
Where do you order this workout?
www.coffeyfit.com

Mary will also have it at Total Fitness DVDs soon
Old 04-17-11, 11:00 AM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

I did Split Sessions Upper Body this morning. I really like this workout. This workout is what I have been wanting for the most part. A time efficient, push-pull workout.

Here are a few thoughts I have and a couple of minor modifications I made:

With two sets you could increase or decrease the weights on the second set, making it a mini pyramid up or down.

I did modify a couple of the exercises a bit because my right upper shoulder/neck have been stiff the past two days and I'd rather not have it flare up. For chest flys I subbed a chest press on the second set (did flys on the first round at 10# instead of 15#). I did this to keep myself from shrugging my shoulders and compensating for a heavy weight since I haven't really done that much weight training as of late and since I didn't know the workout, I thought I would play it safe.

On the standing overhead triceps extensions I subbed a lying double arm french press on the incline bench and for decline triceps dips I did a triceps press on the bench (the kind where you keep your elbows by your ribcage and press upwards with palms facing your sides).

On the upright rows I substituted double-arm side lateral raise with a slight anterior tilt to help keep my traps out of the movement. Since she is going slow (3 up, 1 down) I could focus on keeping the traps out of it at a lighter weight (8#).

I really enjoyed this workout. Hoping to do lower body tomorrow!

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
30 minutes to fitness, breakdown, kcm, kelly coffey meyer, kelly coffey-meyer, split sessions