Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-07-11, 10:18 AM  
TerryMia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassy View Post
Buzzer, when you do TJ on the rebounder, do you modify the moves at all or do you just do it like you do it on the floor?

I'm asking because I'm still trying to learn HOW to do any workout on the rebounder, and I never can seem to get it to work smoothly. Either I can't move as fast, or I'm zigging when everyone is zagging, or I'm out of step.

Is there a secret?
I'm running into this problem as well. I just bought a Jumpsport (which I LOVE, btw), but I'm finding it difficult to keep up with the moves of actual rebounding videos (i.e., just got 2 of the Urban Rebounder X-treme workouts, and Tracy's Tel Aviv workout, though I just jump to my own beat with that one and still get a great workout). I'm pretty sure it's the firmness of the rebounder (since it's easier to accomplish on my cheapie spring-loaded rebounder...I can actually do the Meta Dance Cardio on that one, for example), but my new one is soooo nice compared to that one. I have the option to adjust the tenson of the bungee cords, which I did, but I still find it hard to bounce at the same rate as the vids.
TerryMia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-11, 11:38 AM  
macska
VF Supporter

I just got mine a few weeks ago, so I'm still figuring it out how to bounce on it and this is what I found out so far. When you want to go fast, don't try to propel yourself "up" as you would do on the floor, but stay close to the surface, bend your knees slightly and press "down" like you want to push a hole into the rebounder. In that way I can go really as fast as they go. Hope this helps.

"You finish when you are done not when you are tired."
David Goggins
macska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-11, 12:45 PM  
Kathryn
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by macska View Post
I just got mine a few weeks ago, so I'm still figuring it out how to bounce on it and this is what I found out so far. When you want to go fast, don't try to propel yourself "up" as " as you would do on the floor, but stay close to the surface, bend your knees slightly and press "down" like you want to push a hole into the rebounder. In that way I can go really as fast as they go. Hope this helps.
That's the technique that some rebounding workouts I have (can't recall if it's the UR ones or Tracie Long's one) teach. Pushing down rather than thinking of bouncing up.

This thread, and announcement that Mary is carrying the URX series, pushed me over the edge to ordering. I got it for a bit over $123, no shipping, using the 10 off code and $2 worth of credits on Mary's site. Even if I only like 1/2 the workouts, it's much better than the individual price.

2010 season speed-walking 5K PR: 35:47
2011 season race-walking 5K PR: 34:42
Kathryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-11, 01:12 PM  
tltinatl

Eh. I don't know. Even when I was going to two one-hour Rebounding classes at the gym every week for months (plus Spinning, running and strength training), mine never looked any better.

I do have industrial-strength genes for cellulite, though. My thighs have been dimple-y since I was 14. It would probably take a jackhammer and some dynamite to budge it.
tltinatl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-11, 01:37 PM  
TerryMia

Quote:
I just got mine a few weeks ago, so I'm still figuring it out how to bounce on it and this is what I found out so far. When you want to go fast, don't try to propel yourself "up" as " as you would do on the floor, but stay close to the surface, bend your knees slightly and press "down" like you want to push a hole into the rebounder. In that way I can go really as fast as they go. Hope this helps.
Thanks so much!! I worked out this way (well, as long as I could, it's HARD!) lol ... and, yes, could keep up with them this way.
TerryMia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-11, 01:46 PM  
horsemom2

I recently read bouncing on a stability ball improved hair follicles in a study.
Got to believe rebounding would also and told DH but he still refuses to give rebounding a try.

Barb S
who does most workouts right on the bungee's mat with just a very little up and down movement and has little trouble keeping in time
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-11, 02:03 PM  
kat999

Heck, even if rebounding does nothing for cellulite, it just seems like it would be FUN! I'm, ah, a little bit "manic," shall we say, and I have been known to bounce around in my normal walking around the house to such a degree that I've often wished for springs on my shoes. I think doing something like Leslie on the rebounder would be almost too much fun for me to handle!
Old 04-07-11, 06:51 PM  
Buzzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassy View Post
Buzzer, when you do TJ on the rebounder, do you modify the moves at all or do you just do it like you do it on the floor?

I'm asking because I'm still trying to learn HOW to do any workout on the rebounder, and I never can seem to get it to work smoothly. Either I can't move as fast, or I'm zigging when everyone is zagging, or I'm out of step.

Is there a secret?
Hey Sassy, Sorry it took me a while to answer... stupid job.
Anyhow, like others have said, I push in more rather than bouncing off. So keep my shoulders and eyes always at one level. I my rebounder!!
TA Omni 90 days completed! 7/11/11-ish
Tapout XT1 90 days DONE! 6/29/13
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-11, 08:37 PM  
laurajhawk

Quote:
Is it just me or there is a serious reduction on cellulite using the rebounder? My legs has barely any, as I just noticed this morning. I didn't really change anything else, my training is the same. Anybody else?
You are SO not helping me talk myself out of the URX set.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-11, 01:10 AM  
Jacqi A
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat999 View Post
Heck, even if rebounding does nothing for cellulite, it just seems like it would be FUN! I'm, ah, a little bit "manic," shall we say, and I have been known to bounce around in my normal walking around the house to such a degree that I've often wished for springs on my shoes. I think doing something like Leslie on the rebounder would be almost too much fun for me to handle!
Sounds like you have BOING -> you'll love the rebounder. Some dance steps are simply too fast for me to do on the rebounder. I've found that workouts with Brazilian & African dance have fewer, bigger steps so they're better than some Latin dance. No opinion on the cellulite, I just ignore it.
Jacqi A is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cellulite, rebounding