Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-26-22, 09:29 PM  
Vantreesta

PT this morning, then this afternoon I did Jessica Smith Look Better Naked and Slim in 6 Slim & Limber. I don't remember the last time I did a 54 minute workout!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-22, 09:37 AM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was 20 minutes of Pilates + 25 minutes of PiYo + 25 minutes of yoga.

Waves to everyone. Have a good day.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-22, 09:36 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Running a trail race in am. About 4.5 miles. Wish me luck. These are always slower than road as you have to watch your footing. 3 day weekend!! Resting today.
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-22, 11:45 PM  
Vantreesta

Good luck and have fun, Karen!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 05-28-22, 12:03 PM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was a workout I found on Youtube combining kickbox & strength training. Pretty good but you had to do 3 rounds of the strength work and I got bored by the time the third round came along.

Karjoy - I hope the race went well.

Vannie - Are you still training for your race?

Waves to all. Have a good day.
Old 05-28-22, 06:55 PM  
Vantreesta

Today I went for a run. It was supposed to be for the Hot Chocolate virtual 5k I have to complete by the 1st but it didn't end up that way. For various reasons that include heat and sunshine I only managed to run 2.39 mi with my run intervals getting shorter and shorter! I finally gave up, completed the run workout and started a walk one and slowly walked the remaining .75 mi back home. I'm choosing to celebrate that I got out and did it and not beat myself up for not meeting my goal. I stretched about 10 min after I cooled off some and showered.

If I can't get a 5k in before the 1st I'll just have to use the slow time from the race I did with my friend.

JB, I guess I'd say I'm rather half-heartedly training for the fall trail races. Motivation has been low plus on Friday I'm seeing a podiatrist for a foot issue that started last summer and hasn't gone away, so I don't know what he'll have to say. It didn't go away even when I really wasn't running last fall into winter.

Old 05-28-22, 09:56 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Thanks for the encouragement guys! The race went great which essentially means no one I knew fell. A guy fell in front of me but he got right up and was not hurt. Yay! Lots of hills, roots, steep downhills. Lovely shaded trail. Our county and city are fantastic for lots of multi use trails for hiking, biking, and horseback riding.

Vannie good for you for not giving up and plowing through. The heat is so bad for runners. Add humidity and it is even worse. Do you think your foot problem is related to running or not? Hope you get answers from your podiatrist.

Jbliff I got a kick out of a mental image I had of you gritting your teeth for your 3rd set of strength moves. Sometimes it just seems like overkill.
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-22, 11:01 PM  
Vantreesta

Karen, I think it's peroneal brevis tendonitis but I've been a little afraid to self treat since it's gone on so long and bc I know from experience that stretching can make some issues worse. The base of the fifth metatarsal, where that small bump is in the middle of the outside edge of the foot, is sometimes red, swollen and painful. I don't think it's running-specific since it didn't go away when I took a break. Glad the race went so well!

Old 05-29-22, 08:00 AM  
JBliff

Hi all. My workout yesterday was a walk with DH in the morning, then Body Combat + yoga in the afternoon.

Karjoy
- Glad the race went well and the trail was shaded. One time I twisted my ankle during a hike in the Shenandoah but luckily we were on our way back and close to the end so I was able to limp back to the car.

Vannie - I'm sorry to hear about your foot. I sure hope you get a solution and treatment from your podiatrist. It's probably wise not to self-treat.

Waves to all. Have a good day.
Old 05-29-22, 08:40 AM  
Vantreesta

Thanks, JB. I feel kind of silly going bc it doesn't hurt all the time and has never been enough to stop me from doing anything. Well, except walking on that outside edge of my foot but that's not exactly a daily activity! But I keep reminding myself I'm not a kid or 20 smthg anymore and I need to be more proactive.

What is the channel where you're finding all the Les Mills workouts?