Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 08-11-22, 07:03 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Vannie so glad your new person recommended you not have surgery. Almost all my runner friends have feet issues at some point but they try stretching, orthotics, new shoes, new socks, modifying routines etc. Foot surgery is no joke. Patients will say they have to be totally non weight bearing for periods of time like 6 weeks.

You guys it was almost pleasant weather wise here today! At noon or was about 80 degrees instead of 90, with a nice breeze. Felt great.

I did an hour on the mill tonight. Watched bits and pieces on Netflix. Thank goodness tomorrow is Friday.
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-22, 07:28 PM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was a 40-minute walk + 32 minutes of lower body strength training using 20 & 25-lb DBs.

Karjoy - I think we are going to have several days of nice weather starting tomorrow. Yesterday was so steamy here that my walk was almost unbearable.

Waves!
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-22, 08:06 AM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was a 42-minute Yoga Hiit workout which was a hybrid of quick yoga moves, cardio and body-weight strength exercises. I followed that with 20 minutes on the elliptical.

We are having a nice end to the week with highs in the low 80s. It's going to be a lovely weekend, weather wise.

I hope everyone is doing well.
Old 08-12-22, 08:26 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Resting today and running in am for 5-6 miles. This group runs a little slower than some and they walk occasionally which is good because my Achilles are feeling a little tight.

Jbliff Yoga HIIT sounds really cool! That’s a bit of everything. I think I would be afraid of keeling over getting up from a Yoga pose to do a HIIT move. Good work with those heavy dumbbells for legs. Do you have a squat rack by the way? I admire you for getting a walk in every day. Unfortunately the heat and humidity returned today but we had a brief shower and it cooled off enough that I was able to pull weeds for a bit.

Vannie I need to know about toe Yoga. It makes me want to giggle!

Off to check out Florida’s latest Covid stats.
Old 08-13-22, 01:17 PM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was Body Combat + 20 minutes of pilates.

Karjoy - I used to have a squat rack but got rid of it. I hardly ever use my barbell anymore so don't really need it. We were at 59 degrees this morning when I got up. I actually wore a long-sleeved shirt today when we went out early this morning.

I hope your COVID stats are not too bad.

Have a great weekend, everyone.
Old 08-13-22, 09:56 PM  
Vantreesta

Here's a toe yoga video I have saved. https://youtu.be/jlttjF0OSx0 I haven't actually done this one yet but I do some of the same things. I do two rounds per foot, 10 reps each (per round): lift big toe only, lift all but big toe, lift only center three toes, then lift all toes & place down one at a time (I have only started at the little toe, not the big one) and then spread the toes for 5 sec hold then squeeze like a fist for a 5 sec hold. I'm trying to do it in the morning and at night.

(Hopefully that link works. I copied it from one of my other check ins and that doesn't always seem to work right.)

Yeah I think that first podiatrist who wanted to do surgery said I would be 3-4 weeks non weight bearing. No thank you! I think it's still a couple weeks till my orthotics should be done. I cannot wait to get new shoes! Especially walking ones but my running ones should be replaced too.

The first week of Aug was great for workouts. This past week not so much. Tue was just toe yoga and PT stretches, Wed just toe yoga, Thu just a run (no warmup stuff or stretch after...very naughty!) and toe yoga, Fri just toe yoga. And Cyric's walks every day. Next week I will do better!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-22, 03:45 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Hi guys. Ran an hour on the mill today and ran 8 slow miles with friends yesterday. We had a good time. This is a very relaxed group and we ran intervals: run 5 minutes and then walk 30 seconds which seemed about perfect. When I got home it was cool enough to do some weeding for close to an hour. The early cloudiness really helped. I actually did some speed work on the mill and I can tell because I feel a little tireder than normal.

Vannie does doing toe yoga make the little muscles in your feet or toes sore? I have a devil of a time lifting my toes separately but I can see where that would increase range of motion and strength. Feels weird though. I worked on an orthopedic floor years ago and being non weight bearing for weeks is a challenge. Usually you need at least crutches or one of those funny knee walkers. Not fun.

Jbliff I am kinda thinking of getting rid of my BB too. Burn has no barbells and they do fine. Barbells and racks sure take up a lot of space too. I am so envious of your 59 degrees. Hope you get some more of those.

Waves to Gibbee and Cher.
Old 08-15-22, 06:15 AM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Jbliff or Vannie have either of you guys done PiYo? What did you think of you did?
Old 08-15-22, 09:25 AM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

Drive by:

Last week I managed to do two Lift with Cee full body weight workouts last week. My BF and I managed to get in 4 walks of 20 minutes each outside. The temps are still bumping low 90’s but we are mostly over our heat sensitivity from covid.

KCM is having a road trip in October. I am going. Hope to also see Cathe if I can.

Vannie - I will have to look at that toe video. I have tried some stretches and if I do them before I get up they seem to help some. But today my shoes are not helping. I need to go shopping. Badly.

Waves to JBliff, Karjoy and Cher!

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-22, 08:03 PM  
JBliff

Hi all. My workout Sunday was a brisk 75-minute walk with DH in spectacular weather. The last 3 days have been very pleasant.

Vannie
- I have done those toe exercises before. They are hard!

Karjoy - I have done yoga and pilates workouts back to back but not PiYo. I tried a PiYo workout on Youtube once but gave up after about 5 minutes because it was moving way too rapidly. However I don't know if that is the normal pace.

Gibbee - I remember you always enjoyed going to see Kelley. Glad you and your BF are feeling better.

Waves to everyone. Have a good day.