Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 11-17-22, 05:38 PM  
Susan H
VF Supporter

I'm thinking about doing something different soon. I've been wanting to do her 40-4-40 again. If I start on it next week, it will take me through the rest of the year.

Today, I did the first two twenty-minute workouts, along with her 8-minute warm up and a Caroline Jordan stretch.

I hope everyone is having a great week!

“Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" —Thomas Edison

“Just because you’re not sick doesn’t mean you’re healthy.” — Author Unknown
Susan H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-22, 03:03 PM  
Susan H
VF Supporter

My plans to start 40-4-40 this week didn't happen, so today I did one of Cee's beginner workouts. It was perfect for today.

Happy Thanksgiving to all who celebrate!

“Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" —Thomas Edison

“Just because you’re not sick doesn’t mean you’re healthy.” — Author Unknown
Susan H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-23, 05:29 PM  
tlchello

I am back........after a few months of dealing with tendinitis in my elbow and lots of physio, stretching, ice, etc. I am back to working out. Woot woot.

I debated about what I was going to do in terms of programs and decided that I liked the Lift with Cee 40-4-40.

I am doing it a bit differently though...I am going to do workouts 1, 2 and 3 for a couple of weeks before changing to 4, 5, 6, and so on. I haven't decided yet if it will be 2 weeks each or 4 weeks. So, it will either end up being a 12-week program or 24-week program.

I am rotating it with Essentrics and walking for cardio. I am also hyper aware of my elbow and keeping an eye on any return of pain and dealing with it before it gets as bad as it was.

Not sure if anyone else is interested in reviving this check-in with me but I will post for now!
tlchello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-23, 05:06 PM  
tlchello

Yesterday I did an Essentrics workout as part of the Rebalancing program. Today was workout #2 in the 40-4-40 series. I still find a couple of the exercises awkward and, as usual, I struggle soooo much with plank rows. I am determined that by summer I will be able to do them.
Old 01-14-23, 09:34 AM  
tlchello

Yesterday, I was supposed to do the next workout in the Rebalancing Essentrics program but it was an hour long and I had too many things going on yesterday. Instead, I went through all of the new "desk" short clips and did enough to string together 20 to 25 minutes. It was actually quite good after sitting at my desk all week.

Today I will do workout #3 in Cee's 40-4-40 plus some walking.

Plan next week is to simply repeat this week in terms of doing workouts 1, 2 and 3 of Cee.
Old 01-16-23, 04:40 PM  
tlchello

Today I started my second time with workouts number 1, 2 and 3 of the 40-4-40 workouts.

I will also be starting the Hips, Glutes and Knee Strengthening program on Essentrics TV.

So far I am liking the weights 3x per week and then Essentrics the other days. It seems to be a nice balance.
Old 01-18-23, 04:35 PM  
tlchello

Workout #2 of the 40-4-40 (repeated from last week) this morning and yesterday was the first episode in the Hips, Butt and Knees program for Essentrics.

Feeling good!
Old 01-21-23, 03:59 PM  
tlchello

Workout #3 (week 2) done. I ended up finding alternatives to the waiters curl and also the reverse crunch. Both of those moves cause pain or are just downright awkward but I managed to replace them with some good stuff.