Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 02-09-20, 11:27 PM  
fanofladyvols

Mathteacher sorry to see you have a sinus infection. I get dizzy trying to do cardio when I have a sinus infection.

Dorothy I just noticed you mentioned doing as many pushups as your age! Wowee!! I wish I had been working out since I was 16. What a role model you are!

Cher I think the exercises you switched to sound better to do than the ones the rollout they had you do before. hope you feel ok still.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-20, 01:49 PM  
AnMrsDe

Mathteacher, feel better soon! Sinus infections are the WORST! Took me a good 2 months to get back to my normal workouts again and to feel back to normal!

Here's to a great week! :drink:
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-20, 02:12 PM  
MathTeacher

Thanks, Ladies. I feel like poo. The last time I had a sinus infection I ended up with hideous bronchitis, because I did not take care of myself. I will probably not exercise this week. I don't want to be that sick ever again.
Old 02-10-20, 06:21 PM  
Dorothy J
VF Supporter

Math Teacher--ugh on the sinus infection!! Feel better soon & NO bronchitis!!

fanofladyvols--thanks for the shout out! I'm always careful to qualify my pushups to remind y'all that I do knee pushups & I don't do them all at once. If I'm feeling good, I do 22 + 22 + 19. Last time, I had to break the last 2 sets into smaller numbers. Just keeping myself honest here

Hey, my sister lives in Kingston (actually Ten Mile, if you're familiar with that area) on Watts Barr Lake. She's lived there for many years & has made all of us Vols fans. Do you live in the area or just a fan?

"You want to go into life feeling great, feeling strong, and as you get older, feeling even stronger!" Gin Miller
Dorothy J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-20, 07:36 PM  
fanofladyvols

Dorothy I'm so glad your sister has helped you be a part of our Big Orange family and yes I know Kingston!! Have gone there to watch the fireworks off the bridge there.

Just being able to do them at all is so impressive!! Knees, rests ..who cares?!?

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.

Last edited by fanofladyvols; 02-10-20 at 07:37 PM. Reason: Forgot something
Old 02-11-20, 10:13 AM  
Dontmindthemess

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnMrsDe View Post
Hi Jane! You're awfully quiet this month! How are things going for:
AnMrsDe Everthing is fine, I’ve just felt so busy the last couple of weeks!! Not even sure why, but I just feel like I haven’t had much time to just sit a veg! Yesterday I planned a TV afternoon to watch two back to back episodes of The Outsider (the only show I’m even watching right now) and even that went off plan! It took me three tries to update my workouts I just kept getting interrupted.
I read your thoughts on Balance! It sounds really challenging and I’m not even sure if I understand all the poses

Char Your UPS story is too funny!! At least you didn’t have to chase after him. I mean if you had to run him off the road to get that dvd it would be understandable
The Dream Body workouts aren’t as hard as I’ve made them out in my head and the cardio ones are easily split in half. They are definitely different. I also make them my own. I go at my own pace, I’m not worried if I have to modify and I play my own music. I don’t really notice the chatter.

Dorothy I love your long walks, they sound more like adventures! I think I’d be fine on the way out but I’d be ready to be home on the way back.

Cher I’m sorry you’re still struggling with pain. When my sciatica was bothering me last winter I thought it would never go away. It was the first time in probably 10 years that it caused me real pain and I know that desperate feeling to just resolve it. In the end I just went back to my normal exercise routine but it didn’t bother me while exercising, just while sitting or laying down. It was pretty intense first thing in the morning. I changed my style of work shoes and even stopped wearing “skinny” pants to work for a while, kind of had to anyway with the shoes I was wearing. I still get tingles and numbness occasionally in that foot (always did) but no pain. Last summer my husband developed tinnitus after a bad sinus infection and I went to the ENT with him. She actually said something that resonated with me about how once the nerve gets “disturbed” sometimes it just takes time to resolve. Hope yours resolves soon!!

TB2 Step Saturdays after STS legs? Sounded good! I think I did a kickboxing workout after legs, it felt stretchier! All those pushups too, that’s what I remember most about Meso 1, that and the weight tsunami.

Clerkin I’m keeping little Kian in my prayers. You’re right, it’s not fair for a little one (or a big one) to go through something like this I bet being outside did you good too! We haven’t even had snow here yet this year and I don’t miss it!!!

Linda Your retro Cathe workouts make me miss them! I think I like the Intensity and Body Blast series best, and Cathe lives. The energy is just fun in them. Who minds working hard when it’s fun!

Chrys I hope you’re doing better this month!

MathTeacher Sinus infections are awful. I hope you’re on the mend soon!

Jane
Dontmindthemess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-20, 07:32 AM  
Cher

Jane, thanks so much for sharing your experience with your sciatic pain. I’m glad it resolved itself. It’s nice to know there is hope for this. You described exactly how I feel....like it will never go away. I’m afraid to say it’s getting better after 1 day of feeling good but I hope so.

Dorothy & Math Teacher, I hope you are both starting to feel better.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-20, 11:32 AM  
fanofladyvols

Jane these retro workouts are fun and exploring the premixes make it fresh. Cathe seems to be having such a good time too and I think that helps along with the music.

Pat58 so jelly of your cardio beach walks! How lucky you are. Hope your PT is helpful and not painful.

Old 02-12-20, 02:34 PM  
AnMrsDe

Jane, glad to hear you're just busy! Hope you can find some "me" time in there!!//Ya, Balance felt, at times, like Travis wanted me to be a contortionist or something, LOL! There's always one in the series, though..... I liked the others for the most part. And, there's lots of meditation practices IF I could just get myself to do them!!!!! It's like pulling teeth for me!! Are you still meditating? I thought I recalled you mentioning in January you'd like to include more?//Also, have you tried that Yvette I did today? It was really a fun one!!

The snow is coming down here....I just got home from running all my errands! Now, all snuggly warm inside my home for the rest of the day!
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-20, 09:51 PM  
Dontmindthemess

AnMrsDe I bought a yearly subscription to Calm for a pretty good price and cancelled my Headspace subscription. I haven’t even done one of their meditations! But what I do use is their sleep stories, I find it really helps me to fall asleep. I also love and missed the sleep casts on Headspace too so I then resubscribed to Headspace when they offered me a deal for the year. So I haven’t been meditating at all but I do at least use both subscriptions. How long are Travis’ level up meditations? There’s also quite a selection of meditations on YouTube, I’m sure I have some saved if you’re interested. I find I have to meditate first thing, just out of bed. If I do it before bed I end up drifting off. I’ll have to set a meditation reminder for tomorrow morning! I don’t think I’ve done the Yvette that you did yesterday. She really keeps you moving! I’d love for her to do a couple more bosu workouts too.

Jane
Dontmindthemess is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
just the workouts