Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-18-20, 06:41 PM  
manleym

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateTT View Post
Does anyone have an actual list of Cathe workouts in chronological order? I've just been jumping around.

Yesterday I revisited Maximum Intensity Strength. Just a good, basic, straightforward heavy lifting workout. No fancy moves, just pushing those weights around. I liked it. Not my favorite Cathe strength, but I'm certainly feeling it today.

Today I jumped over to Michelle Dozois and Peak 10 More Cardio Interval Burn. FUN STUFF!!! I still have several of Michelle's workouts that I have not done yet so am having fun mixing her with Cathe the rest of this month.

Tomorrow I plan on Circuit Max. I already did Cardio Kicks a couple of weeks ago..hope CM is as fun. I previewed a little and it looks good. I'll be back to report!
Funny you should mention that, KateTT because just today I found these on Cathe's forum:

Library of Cathe workouts https://cathe.com/forum/threads/i-pu...ibrary.314155/

Index of Cathe rotations https://cathe.com/forum/threads/inde.../#post-2497047

I agree that MIS is just good 'ole fashioned strength. No bells or whistles. Just down to business. And Michelle's Peak 10's are fun! I hope you update us on Circuit Max.

Today I did an appetizer sampler. I started with HSC warm-up, then did the blasts premix from Low Max, and finished with Chest & Triceps Superset. I liked that with the Low Max blasts premix my heart rate stayed up the entire time, but wish it were a tad longer.

Hang tough fierce friends!!
manleym is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-20, 08:47 PM  
Mickey12

Wink

I did Imax 3 tonight. It’s been a really long time since I did this one. I had forgotten how good the music is in the older workouts and it makes such a difference. It felt like the pace of this was really fast but it’s so much fun! I modified a lot on the blasts. Holy moly they are hard!! I did the workout up to interval 6 then did the cool down. My cat decided he wanted to sit on my step right around interval 6 so I was forced to stop. Haha.

I will check in on Wednesday with cardio core circuit.

KateTT, I sometimes use knee wraps. Impact doesn’t seem to bother my knee, but repetitive bending does. My left knee clicks like crazy.

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-20, 09:30 PM  
fanofladyvols

manley that's hilarious...an appetizer sampler! Thank you for the release date list! Looks like I will go back in time when you guys forget ahead with series I don't own. Totally cool with that.

I actually had time and did Kick Max the step combos. I don't have KPC so I can't compare but it was a perfect moderate intensity workout for me on the same day as a strength workout. I have plenty of room in my library for a workout that fits that bill.

Kate thanks for the heads up on MIS. I picked that DVD up and plan to do that one with the others on it sometime soon. I haven't figured out how I will, just know that I am headed that way.

kittybug I'm so glad to see you were finally able to post! What series do you think you will tackle next?

Kim the IMAXs scare me. I don't do any of those. As it is I have to break down the combos on Tabatacise, LowMax and Athletic step. I have just now gone through a combo a day but I'm still not comfortable to tackle those workouts in their entirety because I haven't really learned them just practiced them and wrote down my ideas for modifications. One day though.

My hats off to you guys who can do those IMAXs.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-20, 11:43 PM  
shoegoddess

I did Firm Vol 2 FOREVER! Today I can't imagine having only 1 video!

I'm not a typical grandma!

Body by Cathe, Chalene and Dr. Niccole
-Me

A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water
-Eleanor Roosevelt

Well-behaved women seldom make history
-Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Women are Angels
And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly....on a broomstick...we are flexible like that
-White Witch

Gotta love Maxine:
http://forum.videofitness.com/pictur...&pictureid=230
shoegoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-20, 11:08 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Manleym, thank you for those lists! That would have been helpful when I was organizing my Cathe DVDs by year, trying to see the little teeny dates on the backs of cases, hah!

KateTT, I have MIS now but haven't yet tried it. I like down to business!

Kim, laughing at your cat! My cats do the same thing but usually only before or after my workouts. I too have knee issues like you describe. I LOVE Low Max but after doing it last week, my knees spoke up and said put something else in its place this week.

Speaking of, I did try Imax 3 on risers yesterday, but nope. Even though I knew those double-foot over and over jumps in interval 1 were coming (and I hate those), I misjudged the height of the step, my foot caught, and I took a spill again! I pulled the risers out and was able to continue on, but my knee and shin are bruised and achy, and my back isn't terribly happy with me today either. Thankfully, today is Back, Shoulders, and Biceps, no legs involved!

Fanofladyvols, the next series sitting on my shelf is from the 'sash' series, Drill Max, Butts and Guts, Body Max 2, and Cardio Fusion (I don't have Low Impact Circuit). I don't know when I want to tackle those because I'm enjoying Hardcore way more than I thought I would! I might give Hardcore another couple of weeks, but we'll see!

Shoegoddess, right??? Good old Volume 2, hah, that I can never, ever look at again!
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-20, 12:36 PM  
manleym

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittybug View Post
Speaking of, I did try Imax 3 on risers yesterday, but nope. Even though I knew those double-foot over and over jumps in interval 1 were coming (and I hate those), I misjudged the height of the step, my foot caught, and I took a spill again! I pulled the risers out and was able to continue on, but my knee and shin are bruised and achy, and my back isn't terribly happy with me today either. Thankfully, today is Back, Shoulders, and Biceps, no legs involved!

Fanofladyvols, the next series sitting on my shelf is from the 'sash' series, Drill Max, Butts and Guts, Body Max 2, and Cardio Fusion (I don't have Low Impact Circuit). I don't know when I want to tackle those because I'm enjoying Hardcore way more than I thought I would! I might give Hardcore another couple of weeks, but we'll see!
I'm so sorry you hurt yourself Kittybug! Stupid risers!!
I'm glad you were able to finish and have a non-legs day today.

I hate the double-foot jumps over the step too. And I don't like fast jacks off the step. I usually try to modify those moves. They're hard for my little 2 inch legs to do!

I'm enjoying Hardcore way more than I thought too, especially legs and BSB. They make me feel strong! I have all of the SASH series, but haven't done Cardio Fusion. Might stick with HC strength and add in different cardio next week. But I did like my appetizer yesterday, so I might just be craving it again next week!
Old 02-19-20, 01:20 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Manleym, appetizers!!! I love that!!

Yeah, I really hate the double-foot jumps and don't love the fast jacks either. What's weird is she does those both in Fit Split in the Shred Cardio, on an 8-inch step no less, and I've never had a problem with those....however, I modify so I'm always jumping up onto the step facing forward, so I jump up forward, then when I jump off I kind of pivot to face forward again so I'm never jumping sideways over the step. It feels safer to me, as if that move is really safe, not!!! I don't know why I haven't modified the same way in Imax 3 other than I think it moves a bit faster with more turns before the jumps, so it's a bit harder to modify the same way.

And yes, Hardcore is making me feel incredibly strong! That's what I'm loving. I always hated splits until now, but I'm rethinking how I strength train entirely because of this! I want to give it at least another week, I think!

Cardio Fusion is killer, for me at least. The last time I did it, I used just the platform too, no risers, and even then I was still sucking wind and wiped out when it was over. It is hard!
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-20, 03:13 PM  
manleym

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittybug View Post
Manleym, appetizers!!! I love that!!

Yeah, I really hate the double-foot jumps and don't love the fast jacks either. What's weird is she does those both in Fit Split in the Shred Cardio, on an 8-inch step no less, and I've never had a problem with those....however, I modify so I'm always jumping up onto the step facing forward, so I jump up forward, then when I jump off I kind of pivot to face forward again so I'm never jumping sideways over the step. It feels safer to me, as if that move is really safe, not!!! I don't know why I haven't modified the same way in Imax 3 other than I think it moves a bit faster with more turns before the jumps, so it's a bit harder to modify the same way.

And yes, Hardcore is making me feel incredibly strong! That's what I'm loving. I always hated splits until now, but I'm rethinking how I strength train entirely because of this! I want to give it at least another week, I think!

Cardio Fusion is killer, for me at least. The last time I did it, I used just the platform too, no risers, and even then I was still sucking wind and wiped out when it was over. It is hard!
I don't think I've ever had problems with double-footed jumps and fast jacks in Fit Split or Shred Cardio either now that I think about it because I don't remember the moves being a safety concern or so difficult that I needed to modify. They seem doable in FS and SC. I wonder if the moves in IMax 3 are faster than in FS or SC and that's why they seem worse/harder?

For double-footed jumps I jump on and off the step facing forward and just keep doing that until the move is over instead of turning sideways. I don't think jumping sideways off the step is safe either. You've experienced first hand that bad things can happen.

Most of the time I'll do fast feet shuffles for the fast jumping jacks - facing forward, not sideways. Facing forward just feels safer to me than sideways for some reason and I just don't like doing moves sideways. Not really sure why.

I've always thought splits = SNOOZE. I thought they would be long, tedious, and just plain boring with not as much cardio effect as I typically like. HOWEVER, there's cardio A-PLENTY in GS Legs and doing 30 minutes of cardio then 30ish minutes of splits is working out well. I get variety and am enjoying working out this way.

That's EXACTLY why I haven't done Cardio Fusion!! I DREAD it!! I will definitely only use the platform and may just use the floor in some parts. Might do a premix the first time just to familiarize myself with the workout and simply to get through it!!! Although I think the premixes are still pretty long. There's no "#1-4" or "5-whatever" premixes. At least that I remember.
Old 02-19-20, 05:30 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by manleym View Post
Funny you should mention that, KateTT because just today I found these on Cathe's forum:

Library of Cathe workouts https://cathe.com/forum/threads/i-pu...ibrary.314155/

Index of Cathe rotations https://cathe.com/forum/threads/inde.../#post-2497047
Thank you so much! That is totally awesome!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-20, 05:41 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Kim: knee braces may help that too. I hope. But wow!!! Imax 3!!! I have that on my rotation but I'm skeered. ;-)

Linda: Cathe mentions rotating MIS with MIC. I would get tired of them, but I bet you'd see some results.

Cindy: I love all your signature lines!

Kitty: OW, be careful please! At least you could carry on, albeit bruised.

I'm so happy to see others use just the platform. Good that you're safe. I do it to be safe and partially wimping out. LOL

So Circuit Max was fun! I read some negative reviews and was afraid I'd have a dud workout but no...it was good. A bit of a space hog on some moves, but not as bad as some of the reviews said.
Definitely more of a cardio workout with each set consisting of 5 minutes of cardio then 2 minutes of compound strength work. The pace between exercises is fairly fast but I never felt rushed. Some impact but not bad. Half the cardio is floor, half is step. The weight work is fast with lots of reps. Cathe uses 5s and 8s. I used 8s and 10s.
Good all plank core work. Just planks on the elbows and planks on the hands.

NOTE: Cathe's step workouts are really starting to tone up my legs and butt! I had kind of avoided step workouts because I much prefer floor cardio or mostly kickboxing for cardio. But revisiting some of Cathe's step workouts have been great! My goals are to get through all the Imax workouts.

Have a goodie!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
analysis paralysis, cathe, cathe rotation, cathe rotation checkin, cathe rotations, too many choices, too many options, variety, watulan check-in