Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-16-20, 05:26 PM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnee View Post
Super excited about these especially because I've only used Cathe onDemand and Live since May. Ironically, I was mostly using KCM before but a couple of her posts started to irk me (and now this one) and I also wanted to up my workout game and increase my workout time. Cathe has been perfect! KCM does do excellent 30 minute workouts, but I know I'll love Cathe's.
I think that post has now been removed. Love Cathe! Looking forward to these new workouts!
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-20, 05:57 PM  
Patti S.
VF Supporter

Pre-ordered, would love a 30 minute set from Cathe. And I got to order the one workout in the Step Boss series I wanted (PHA3) to get free shipping!

Not sure why KCM thinks/infers she owns the monopoly on 30 minute workouts, lol, but she definitely seems to want to compete with Cathe.

No contest imo (Cathe wins, sorry Kelly) but I do like most of Kelly's older 30MTF workouts and frankly, there's room for everyone in the workout DVD market right now!
Old 01-16-20, 06:02 PM  
ronnee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelePA View Post
I think that post has now been removed. Love Cathe! Looking forward to these new workouts!
That was wise of her. It's not a good look.

Ronnee
ronnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-20, 06:05 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelePA View Post
Yes, I believe it has been removed. Maybe more thought should go in to what one posts before putting it out there, particularly when one is a "public" person. I know I need to watch how I word posts as well since it's all too easy to misinterpret intent. Or interpret it correctly and give a negative impression.

I also love Cathe's workouts and have been doing them quite a bit due to the Live downloads that I have splurged on and my embarrassingly large collection of her DVDs. I've pretty much decided that I'm going to get both the downloads and the DVDs this time unless the one "old" DVD I want goes on Daily Deal before I get around to ordering.
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-20, 07:43 PM  
cjayd
VF Supporter

Maybe she was “triggered” by Cathe calling her set “perfect” as if no one else could possibly make the perfect 30 minute workout. Only Cathe can make the perfect workouts. Ugh, both of their egos are a little out of control.

I’m not preordering these. Cathe’s last several sets of DVDs have been ho hum for me and most of the premixes on them have been timesaver premixes. Why were those not “perfect” 30 minute premixes? I like longer workouts. Any workout can be made shorter especially with Cathe’s excellent chapters. It’s super easy to just skip to the cool down when you’re done. Isn’t a 30 minute workout only about 20 minutes of work after warmup and cool down? It is too hard to make things longer. I already have to do that with other workouts and I don’t feel like buying these knowing I’ll have to do that and/or do the most unimaginative thing of doing them twice for an hour. Like if I didn’t love it the first time will I like it better the second time around in the same workout?! I also think it is tacky that you don’t automatically get free shipping with preorders. I literally own all of Cathe’s other stuff except one cycle workout. I get penalized for that with a preorder?! Anyone else that does a preorder includes free shipping. Even KCM has THAT amount of courtesy. Haha. Hey, now I’ll have workouts to add onto future preorders to get free shipping. LOL. Maybe she will make DVDs out of some of her live workouts. I love how some of them sound but I’m not into streaming at all. Now to stay off this thread so you all don’t change my mind. Haha haha.
cjayd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-20, 08:47 AM  
marki64

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjayd View Post
Maybe she was “triggered” by Cathe calling her set “perfect” as if no one else could possibly make the perfect 30 minute workout. Only Cathe can make the perfect workouts. Ugh, both of their egos are a little out of control.
This made me laugh. I am picturing both of them in the same room duking it out over who coined the name! LOL!!
marki64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-20, 02:24 PM  
Taiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by marki64 View Post
This made me laugh. I am picturing both of them in the same room duking it out over who coined the name! LOL!!
Is this one of those Superman vs Batman kind of scenarios LOL
Because my money is definitely on Cathe

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjayd View Post
.... I also think it is tacky that you don’t automatically get free shipping with preorders. I literally own all of Cathe’s other stuff except one cycle workout. I get penalized for that with a preorder?!...... Now to stay off this thread so you all don’t change my mind. Haha haha.
This is the main reason I'm not preordering.
Old 01-17-20, 04:05 PM  
seagreen01
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by s2546 View Post
Cathe is great. But i really like KCM too. I am glad they are both still making DVDs.

sue
That’s how I feel.

When Cathe got too hard and had dread factor for me I found Kelly and she was my new Cathe for a long time. She is a fantastic instructor in her way. Since Cathe has made some more intermediate workouts I rediscovered my love and lost my dread factor for Cathe. That didn’t stop me buying Kelly workouts.
There is a ‘Perfect’ for me 30 min workout on Kellys’ Cardio Pump DVD, the 2nd workout with Weights.
I’m looking forward to seeing what comes with Cathe and her 30mins.
Love them both and grateful to both for DVDs.
seagreen01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-20, 09:35 PM  
angie_nrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by owltx View Post
Ha, yes, I get it! And actually I would totally be behind another Double Wave Pyramid - probably one of my most used Cathe's - mainly because it is so easy to do on travel, no equipment and done in 30. And really gets the heart rate up!
That DVD is one of my most used. DWP is my favorite of the bunch. The workouts are challenging but not too frantic. Although I do have a bit of dread with the 40/20 workout. I hope her new ones do NOT use the sliders!

Quote:
Originally Posted by horusosiris View Post
Yes, I too doubt that I will ever use the yoga workouts. I did not care Yoga Max I hope that the Hiit workout uses NEW moves. Cathe has a tendency to use and reuse the same moves. I would prefer that she do a heavy (heavier) weight routine that is done at a reasonable pace.
I totally agree. Several 30 minute heavy weight workouts would be AWESOME! I find myself using the 30 minute workouts more and more lately. I use the ones in 4DS often, especially the LIS and HIS step workouts. I also doubt the Yoga ones will be very popular in my rotations. Although, I am very intrigued by the balance workout.
Old 01-18-20, 03:35 AM  
suzannaerin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiga View Post
Lol Cathe is an icon. KCM would do well to be more respectful, esp since she doesn't have a fraction of Cathe's resume or talent. Seriously, KCM's bad attitude has come back to haunt her on several occasions. She should focus on fitness and stop letting people know how she thinks. I put all her workouts away after her last posting fiasco. I'm not a huge fan of her work but I did occasionally pull out a boxing or weight workout. She's losing revenue and fans by not being more gracious.

This. I'm actually wondering if I want to toss all her stuff at this point. The more she talks, the less I want to work out with her. I use to really like some of Ellen Barrett's workouts (Self Dvd on sunny beach ). I had to toss all her dvds after her infamous "skinny is the new wealthy" post. I use dvds for instruction and for the sense of camaraderie with instructor/cast. I find very little inspiration in buddying up with shallow or petty people.

The new series sounds great Probably won't preorder but will likely purchase when it is completed.
I wish I could still do Cathe workouts..... she’s the instructor who got me into strength training. I pitched all my kcm DVDs in 2016 due to some things she wrote.
suzannaerin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cathe, cathe perfect30, perfect 30, perfect flow, perfect30