Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-30-19, 05:17 AM  
suzannaerin

Facial Moisturizer, Rosacea

Any recommendations for a fragrance-free, SLS-free, paraben free, sensitive-skin/rosecea facial moisturizer. eltaMD products---except for the Pure sunscreen--made a recent flare up worse. Right now, I'm using the Aveeno ultra calming night cream and the daily facial moisturizer w/mineral sunscreen. I also am testing out Tizo's mineral based sunscreen (untinted), seems to be ok but I've used in only on the areas where my skin isn't flaring.

Peet Rivko's daily moisturizer looks good but as most rosacea sufferers know, every new product is a gamble. It's pricey, as well, so I don't want to buy it and end up having to toss it.

Anyone using the Clinique Redness Relief Cream with success?

I'm using Soolantra topical prescribed by a dermatologist whose lack of concern and dismissiveness resulted in my seeking a new doc. I'm seeing the new dermatologist at the end of January, so I'm trying not to exacerbate the flare up in the meantime.

One success--- Booda Balm lip balm is gentle enough to use on my lips, no pimples!!. I bought some of their Butter --- all natural, few ingredients---but am reluctant to try it on my face since it's pretty heavy/oil-based.

Thanks -- in advance -- for any tips/recommendations fellow rosecea sufferers can provide! I'm not a make up/product person, so I just want something simple and healthy.
suzannaerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-19, 08:38 AM  
Carol K

I don't have rosacea, but the moisturizer I use, Paula's Choice Hydralight Moisture Infusing Lotion, has been recommended for rosacea. It is fragrance-free.
Old 12-30-19, 08:54 AM  
patrice
VF Supporter

I have rosacea. I use Belif sold at Sephora . https://www.sephora.com/product/the-...?skuId=1686427 . I also have prescriptions that have kept the flare ups at bay.

Patrice
patrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-19, 08:59 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Paula's Choice has a Calm line, I use the SPF moisturizer for day and really like it. I don't know if it meets your ingredients standards though.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-19, 09:11 AM  
donnamp

Hi Suzanne,

I also had good luck with the Aveeno Ultra Calming Line and I also have used their acne line (cream cleanser and moisturizer). The acne line does have fragrance, though. I was surprised that I got such good results from the Aveeno line, though!

Others that I think are good (but not sure about the ingredients) are:

Eucerin SPF 30 - this is one of my favorite sunscreens. It is a little shiny but overall I really like it.

Eucerin Redness Relief SPF15 - this doesn't have a great SPF and it has a green tint, but I like to use it as a color corrector on red areas.

Eucerin Redness Relief Cleanser - it is a gentle gel cleanser, similar to the Aveeno cleanser

Eucerin Redness Relief Cream - this is pretty gentle and no nonsense

Eucerin - CoQ10 moisturizer - this is a bit thick, but a good one for dry patches

Cetaphil Redness Relief night cream - nice texture on this one, not too heavy, not too light

Cetaphil Rednress Relief day cream - this is a tinted sunscreen, SPF20. My only complaint is it comes in only one shade and it is a little dark for me.

Cerave - night cream in the purple jar - this is very thick, but good for dry/wind burned skin.

I used to really love Cerave but they changed their formulation slightly (I think) b/c now some of their products sting my face!

I hope this helps - these are all drugstore and not too expensive!!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-19, 09:26 AM  
furmomof6

I can't say enough good things about Wanda from Pampered Skin Care. I order all my skincare products from her and I can honestly say the skin on my face has never looked better. She seems to have something for almost every condition, so if you don't see anything for rosacea, you can email her and she is prompt in replying. Her items are a little pricey, but they're homemade in fresh batches and a little goes a long way! The facial lotion I use lasts 3+ months.

I had a breakout of some sort on my face a while back. I'm not even sure what it was, but it was really red and irritated. I used her gentle healing salve and it cleared it right up!

Here is the link if you're interested (she also has an Etsy shop): https://www.pamperedskincareessentials.com/

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-19, 11:27 AM  
gladgirl

I have extremely sensitive skin. I used to have frequent bouts of rosacea.
I use La Roche Posay Toleriane Double Repair face moisturizer...both plain and the one with sunscreen. Love this stuff and my skin looks great.
gladgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-19, 11:54 AM  
bee
VF Supporter

If your budget can handle it, check into Beauty Counter.
Old 12-30-19, 12:41 PM  
sherry7899

I have seen people with rosacea in Aldi Facebook groups say that the Lacura moisturizer sold at Aldi works well for them.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-19, 01:05 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

I use Honeyskin. You can find it on Amazon.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
beauty, rosacea